I had a weekend chock-full of U2!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Julyfly

Acrobat
A Juke Joint.... can you hear the guitar SCREAM?
I decided to celebrate the lads' Grammy nominations by listening to all of my old boots on cassette ( mostly ZOOtv & JT ), then I made my roommate watch ( well, she wanted to... she's a new fan since I took her to see them in Atlanta) Rattle & Hum then the ZOOtv special on Fox with me. I'd forgotten about that annoying guy that's trying to explain the concert the whole time to the stupid people that don't know what's going on ( ok...maybe stupid is harsh), but that guy is ANNOYING! The whole time I wanted him to shut up so that I could hear the music! Anyway, after the ZooTV special, I had taped the 1992 Billboard Music Awards ( which I had forgotten that I'd taped) and Phil Collins *snore* was the host and he presented the award for best concert to the guys ( Bono, Edge, & Adam at a pub- Larry was mysteriously absent) live via satellite . And the guys were about 3 sheets to the wind
biggrin.gif
and not being very cooperative with ol' Phil. It was hysterical! He kept trying to keep them talking and they really weren't into it. He asked about Larry and they said something like, " Larry's been acting strangely... you know how those drummers are...especially the singing ones" and then they started giggling! Then, Bono excused himself to talk on his cell phone. Poor Phil didn't look too happy.
Then, I took the Sydney concert over to my parents' home to check on the dog. My mother kept trying to go about doing her thing around the house, but she kept coming in there to watch the concert, asking me questions & making comments: "Where are they?" "How long ago was this?" "Oooh, I like Edge's pants!" "Wow, Bono looks realllllly goooooood in that black leather...mmm, mmm, mmm- he's a cutie!" "They sure haven't aged much since then!" When they did "Stay", she asked me which song that was & said that she liked it. Then, outta nowhere, she says, " Yes, I must admit that Bono has grown on me...he certainly has! When you first started liking them ( she was referring to the JT days...she still thinks that was the beginning of my obsession because I didn't talk about them as much before then ), I thought he was okay, but he's just precious now!" I swear, her eyes started to glaze over! I told her that my roommate thinks that Edge is hot and mom said, "Well, he's cute, but he's not as cute as that Bono". At this point, I popped a piece of a Krispy Kreme doughnut into my mouth and said (with my mouth full), "Larry Mullen, Jr. is cute." And she said, "Watermelon, Jr.?!?!?!?" I spit Krispy Kreme chunks all over the place, I was laughing so hard!!
biggrin.gif
We laughed all weekend over "Watermelon, Jr.- the drummer for U2". I told her that's it's actually fitting as he is frequently thought of as being quite luscious around here
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I watched it for a little while... I love to watch things on TV"
~* PLEBA-girl powers: ELEVATE!!! *~

Nice story Julyfly! Interesting, funny, and full of love for U2. Your friend knows her stuff, Bono IS hot in that tight black leather fly suit! Hope you have many more good times with U2.
smile.gif

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

Watermelon JNR teehee, rofl

I was in dublin before Slane and we met this guy and he said Oh youre going to see that great guy, aye BOSCO...i was really confused then twigged on he was talking about Bono, it cracked me up, when we got to SLane and Bono comes out to sing Beautiful Day my dad screams BOSCOOOO everywhere, the other night i downloaded the song and i am 99.9999% sure you can hear my dad screaming it in the background, hes such a ham
biggrin.gif

------------------
And if you look, you look through me.

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare
E nell'amore non so pi sperare
E quell'amore non so pi aspettare
miss_smith@emailaccount.com e-mail me :)
The perpetually handsome Mullen appears to have stopped ageing around the time of The Joshua Tree.
"It doesn't matter what songs we sing.
I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me." -Larry
Larry likes to play drums." - Bono
"Larry's always been noticed cos he's the pretty one." - Adam
"Bono, if you still haven't found what you're looking for, look behind the drumkit." - Boy George
A man so handsome, he will never be let sing in this group!"
-Bono, introducing Larry at Irving Plaza, NYC 2000

Originally posted by bono-vox:
Watermelon JNR teehee, rofl

I was in dublin before Slane and we met this guy and he said Oh youre going to see that great guy, aye BOSCO...i was really confused then twigged on he was talking about Bono, it cracked me up, when we got to SLane and Bono comes out to sing Beautiful Day my dad screams BOSCOOOO everywhere, the other night i downloaded the song and i am 99.9999% sure you can hear my dad screaming it in the background, hes such a ham
biggrin.gif

I got quite a chuckle out of that bono-vox! It also reminds me of "Seinfeld" anytime I hear the word BOSCO!!
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom