I do not believe the state of Adam's bass...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

i_love_adam

War Child
zootvadam.jpg

i don't believe it at all! There's even some sellotape on it! Now, you won't see something like that on Edge's guitars!

BUT WHO CARES? I LOVE ADAM!

I would love it if this turned into an Adam and his bass appreciation thread! *daydreaming :drool: *

Maybe Adam likes his guitars to age gracefully.

There are bits of green missing on that ancient green bass of his. It wouldn't be right to touch up the colour. Best to leave it as its an antique.

^^ whoa whoa whhoa beli! Where's that from? I'd just love to see Adam talking about his basses! Must. Get. Cable. TV.

I think Adam likes those wood coloured basses. So it appears like that he doesn't have as many guitars as Edge.

Oh! And I think all his straps are similar! hee!

Another dirty bass:
adam_52.jpg

Adam seemed very proud of that bass in the VH1 special when he was talking about it. He said it was very rare. It was made in the 1960's and that to find it in that Green color was extremely rare.

He's just so loving with his bass. All hands, baby. I've seen so many pics of him hugging them!

Maybe they are all beat up cos he doesn't wanna change or repair them!

hot1.jpg

hot man with hot, new-looking bass= spontaneous combustion

Last edited:
beli said:
Maybe Adam likes his guitars to age gracefully.

There are bits of green missing on that ancient green bass of his. It wouldn't be right to touch up the colour. Best to leave it as its an antique.

On the VH1 special he said the Green one was a 1965 Bass custom color. So that is probably why it is chipped and not fixed!

i_love_adam said:
He's just so loving with his bass. All hands, baby. I've seen so many pics of him hugging them!

Maybe they are all beat up cos he doesn't wanna change or repair them!

hot1.jpg

hot man with hot, new-looking bass= spontaneous combustion

I love the fact that this picture is labeled 'hot1'

:lmao:

^^haha! thanks! i've got hot2 and hot3 as well! wanna see?
I always save the pics with my own names then re-upload them with Geocities. It doesn't crank up like photobucket.

Promise I'll upload it tomorrow, my comp is so slooow.

Hope we get a Silver Fox Adam Day this tues! :wave:

i_love_adam said:
A SPECIAL? ALL for Adam and his basses? Now I really. Must. Get. Cable. TV.

It is the VH1 all access :) I think thwere is a torrent for it, but I'm not sure

Adam's basses are just :drool: I specially love the green one: :lol: it is similar to the green on Edge's car :D I love that colour :drool: :drool:

I found this, from an article from Bass Player magazine.

BP: Are you still playing your '72 Precision? (one of his older basses)

AC: "I am. It's got a bit less varnish than it once had, but it's still around. I see photographs of it from different tours, and I can see the varnish gradually wearing off. It's a really light instrument, which is fantastic, because it's got this nice brightness without losing any bottom end. I'm always changing something on it, but it's still pretty much the same instrument I've always played. I did put a Jazz neck on it very early on; I find the Jazz neck suits my left hand better. The Precision is a painful, physical thing to do battle with. The Jazz is a bit more ladylike."

I think it's the case, until they started really making money, he would get basses that were in a rather rundown condition, and sort just fix up an older, used one.

Perhaps those older basses have their own sorta "character" which is why he still played them. If a bass is a custom, rare to find color, but has some dings, you can fix it up, make it look new or leave it the way it is. Maybe for him, as long as the bass sounds great, the look isn't as important. :shrug:

He does have some brand spanking new basses, but I like how he'll still play the older ones, the "aged" ones.

Last edited:
hahah in the vh1 special he says "And this is the very very rare Gana 64 in silver green" when showing off his green one. i love it.
adam does't just play his bass, he WIELDS it <3<3

here is a link tot he vH1 special
hurry, it only lasts for a few more days
http://s28.yous endit.com/d.aspx?id=1UT6FJUETFLX40FO2PWU4SM1X9

it takes a while cuz its a HUUUGE 45 minute long episdoe, but it's sooo worth the wait ;]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom