I can't even look at him!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sweetie

Refugee
MA - the land of every weather pattern imaginable
I don't know if I'm just overly sensitive these days..but lately I've been a bit overwhelmed looking at Bono's current pictures. He is so incredibly gorgeous...beautiful...stunningly handsome...all of the above. I used to save a few pix here and there...the ones that I thought were beautifully photographed, but lately I haven't been able to help myself. I've been saving them all!!!

Thanks for letting me rant. I hope I didn't sound like too much of a :der:

I'm with you, I have been thinking recently, what if my dream comes true and he touches me, looks at me, ANYTHING at the show, I think I might burst into tears....or faint :drool:

Well let me jump right in the middle of this B lovefest and add some, um... mature hormones to the mix! (Me being an old hag of 33! :D )
The man is delicious....divine....devasting....and just flat-out damn HAWT!!!!! :combust: :lmao:

This holiday season seems to be more depressing for me than any in recent memory and on more than one occasion, the only thing that's kept me going is that I KNOW I'll be seeing them in March...and hopefully, I'll get my birthday dance & a serenade of AM&AW. :drool: :faint: :D

So bring on the BonoBinge!!!!

I there with you ladies...Though I have Loved Bono since the mid 80's It amazes me how beautiful he still looks compared to other rockers his age...

I also understand that feeling of sadness or happiness I cant tell the difference anymore,:(

I started a new job and I was ranting and raving on and on about U2 and Bono to one of my new co-workers, Well it turns out that she met Bono during the Unforgettable Fire days met him and Ali, she has pics, and gave me the negatives...they are not that great but ill post them once i develop them...Anyway I kept going on about Bono that I concluded that Bono runied it for other men in my life....She looked at me seriously and said *I know what you mean*...Though she was married and has kids, she knows what Bono is all about and only wishes (like me) to meet someone with such a great heart like B-man..

Anyway she has not kept up with U2 for a very long time so Im re-educating her all over agian...We are scheduled to see my favorite U2 Tribute Band next month and she is coming with me...

Well that is all I guess...But know you are not alone...Sweetie...You can come here to PLEBA and seek thearpy and know that many ladies here understand you :wink:

Last edited:
Yaaaay, BonoFox1!!! You found another fanatic in person!!! Congrats - I wish I had someone local who shared my err....passion. :lol: My best friend likes them, too, but she doesn't have it as bad as I do. Course, if she did, nobody would be able to stand us!! :D

Last edited:
I find myself looking all day long--it's amazing I get any work done. I thought Bono was so beautiful during the JT era, then he got better during Zoo era, (sorry have to skip POP), then Elevation he got even better & now what has happened to him--just when I thought he couldn't be any sexier. I was thinking about him last night when I went to bed--I had to settle for my husband. :drool:

I'm on this whole think-positive, visualize-what-you-want kind of kick right now & I'm convincing myself I WILL get to meet them this tour. The only problem with that is I'm now worried that I'll act like a brain donor....you know, drooling, mumbling, loss of muscle function - that kind of thing.

Guess I can worry about crossing that bridge when I get to it, huh? :up: :wink:

BluRmGrl said:
Well let me jump right in the middle of this B lovefest and add some, um... mature hormones to the mix! (Me being an old hag of 33! :D )
The man is delicious....divine....devasting....and just flat-out damn HAWT!!!!! :combust: :lmao:

This holiday season seems to be more depressing for me than any in recent memory and on more than one occasion, the only thing that's kept me going is that I KNOW I'll be seeing them in March...and hopefully, I'll get my birthday dance & a serenade of AM&AW. :drool: :faint: :D

So bring on the BonoBinge!!!!

First of all missy, you are NOT a 'old hag'! :shame:

I agree with you too, this holiday season has really got me down...it seems like just about everything that can go wrong has...thinking about that blissful feeling I felt four years ago from being in the presence of U2 and having that rush of 'all is right with the world' IS the only thing that is keeping me hopeful. :hug:

(dives headlong into the BonoBinge) Your word choice of "devastating" is perfect! :yes: :combust:

Last edited:
Remember, girls, I've been doing this since the early 1980's. :wink:

I feel your pain.

WITH OR WITHOUT YOU....:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

To add another reason for us to celebrate the B-man (and to further drown in our tears), look at the sweet thing Bono did for a fan outside the Gaiety Theater the other day:

http://www.info.u2france.com/article.php3?id_article=7166

I can't read French anymore very well, but look how the B-man signed his name!

What a unique autograph to have of Bono's - I hope she cherishes it forever.:up:

Puts a whole new spin to the lyrics "Your eyes make a circle. I see you when I go in there."

GRACE FINDS BEAUTY IN EVERYTHING....:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

starsgoblue said:
First of all missy, you are NOT a 'old hag'! :shame:

Your word choice of "devastating" is perfect! :yes: :combust:

:hug: such a sweet girl!! :cute: And I was being facetious with the "hag" comment. :)
I think "devastating" sums him up quite nicely - glad to see somebody else agrees with that. :up: :heart:

I think I used devastating to describe his somewhere else. glad to know Im not the only one he ruins on a daily basis:wink:

sometimes all i have to do is get on the blue crack and see a news clip about him and i dive headlong into this funk. I think wow, heres this man that i would do just about anything for and I probably wont ever even get the chance to meet him let alone talk to him
thinking about that now....i kinda want to go cry:(

BonoFox1 said:
wishes (like me) to meet someone with such a great heart like B-man..

*Nods* I hear that one.

I've thought many a time about what it'd be like if I ever met Bono face to face, or if I got pulled up on stage if and when I go see them in concert *Crosses fingers, looks upward, and prays like mad for that to come true*...I honestly don't know what I'd do or say. I'd probably just be too stunned (and deliriously happy...my god, if that ever does happen, there will be NOTHING that will be able to wipe the gigantic grin that I'd have plastered on my face for days on end afterwards off).

Heh, it's funny...I've always bemoaned the fact that Bono stopped at a Davenport high school and didn't stop at my school when he was on his Heart of America tour...but now that I think about it, maybe it's a good thing he didn't show up, 'cause if he had...I think I would've frightened my classmates and teacher for life with my reaction :p.

Originally posted by BonoFox1
But know you are not alone...Sweetie...You can come here to PLEBA and seek thearpy and know that many ladies here understand you :wink:

:yes:...and that is exactly why I love this place :hug:.

I totally understand about the pictures...the ones of him with the sugar being poured on him...he just looks really, really, REALLY good in them, and I just can't stop looking at them (heh, hey, two guys that I find cute both have pictures in which they have various things being poured on them, and they both look incredibly good in them to boot...well, now, that just totally makes my day :D). And it's not just pictures...anytime I see a video, I just stare at the screen the whole time (saw the "Desire" video yesterday...what a nice sight for my eyes :)).

Angela

BluRmGrl said:
Yaaaay, BonoFox1!!! You found another fanatic in person!!! Congrats - I wish I had someone local who shared my err....passion. :lol: My best friend likes them, too, but she doesn't have it as bad as I do. Course, if she did, nobody would be able to stand us!! :D

Yes, Blu, I am happy I have a co-worker who is eager to get back into that U2 mode and I am very happy to educate her..plus I subconciously get all dorky when I talk about the band and my co-worker "gets it".....And I agree with Stars..you are NOT and old hag!..I am in my 30s also...I hope you bump into someone who is a hardcore fan like you cause you tend to forget your age and get all school girly-lovey dovey like and it seems acceptable....
Fortunately my best friend of nearly 20 yrs is also hardcore like me and I do have all the U2LA fans also...
But in the mean time know that you have all of us "here" that truly understand your "passion":hug:

BonoFox1 said:
AARRRGGHH!!!!..That Desire vid is a killer of me!!!!:drool:

:yes:. If somebody I talk to finds it weird that I think he's attractive, I usually refer them to that video to prove otherwise (that or the whole "Rattle & Hum" movie).

Originally posted by BonoFox1
It was filmed here in some LA alleyway and my friend and I have always wondered WHICH ONE????

LOL, yeah, it'd be nice to find the exact one out of the thousands of alleyways that L.A. has :p. That's cool that the video was shot in your city *Is envious*. The closest a U2 video's ever been shot to a town that I've lived in was Kansas City-my old town in Nebraska was only two hours away from that city (but we lived in that town long after that video was made), and the towns I lived in in Iowa were about...what, 6 hours away from Kansas City or something like that?

Angela

agentmissa said:
I was in here for the first time in weeks the other day... I saw three pictures of him and actually started to cry. I was weird! It was a good cry but very strange, not like me at all.

Oh goodness!! I know exactly what you mean. I'm finding that I can't get through...uh...let me correct that-----I DON'T GET through the day without popping into PLEBA and checking out the newest pix. I can't explain it. Have I built him into something other than just a man. I'm married by the way--happily--and fellow "old hag" :wink: @ 35. Thats why I thought maybe I'm going through some emotional storm. But thank goodness you all share my dilemma. I feel better now..LOL!

I recently converted a coworker. She was a huge fan and she used to tell me that she loved Bono's voice and his music..but lately we've been sharing pix and she's addicted to his face now. I'm so sorry....forgive me!! :angel:

I have come to the realization that obsession must run in my family---my cousin who is about 12 years older than me loves Elvis so much that she lives with an Elvis impersonator she met a few years ago. From what I know he stays in Elvis mode pretty much all of the time. Any Bonos out there need a good home?

Back
Top Bottom