I can't even look at him!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm actually a bit nervous about my hubby going to his 1st U2 show with me. I'm thinking my husband of 13 years might find out he doesn't really know me after all!

>>>>>Girl, I know what you mean! I've already been told by my husband who just doesn't understand my obsession that he's tired of hearing about Bono! We've been married 10 years. I think he knows, if I had a choice I'd choose Bono. Is that terrible thing to say? The thing is Bono did ruin me years ago when I began to love him as a 15 year old girl. He's gorgeous, passionate, caring, sensitive, strong, broad-minded, talented, the list goes on and on. There is no chance that there is another man like him in the universe! The only thing that is a negative about Bono - I really wish he would stop smoking. I'm not an anti-smoker (I smoke myself!). I just want to see him live a long long life and I've noticed lately his voice seems to be suffering a tad and you know the ciggies will take their toll.<<<<<

>>>>>To all West Coast Plebas - Please PM me if you want to get together for shows and stalking. I'm in SF<<<<<:wink:

caligemini said:
I'm actually a bit nervous about my hubby going to his 1st U2 show with me. I'm thinking my husband of 13 years might find out he doesn't really know me after all!

I think that married couples should trust each. I mean, trust should be the basis of any marriage. This is how I see it and also why I didn't get married yet.
He probably trusts you more than you think.

caligemini said:

>>>>>Girl, I know what you mean! I've already been told by my husband who just doesn't understand my obsession that he's tired of hearing about Bono! We've been married 10 years. I think he knows, if I had a choice I'd choose Bono. Is that terrible thing to say? The thing is Bono did ruin me years ago when I began to love him as a 15 year old girl. He's gorgeous, passionate, caring, sensitive, strong, broad-minded, talented, the list goes on and on. There is no chance that there is another man like him in the universe!

:cute: and "Amen" for speaking the truth....

:wink:

Miroslava said:
Well yay! We'll have to talk...

This is my list of potential cities to drive to: Chicago, Indianapolis, Toronto, Buffalo, Cleveland, Columbus, Pittsbugh, Cincinnatti and of course Detroit...

Possibly Mineapolis since Northwest has hubs in Detroit and there and you can fly for cheap...

This will be an operation of military precision! :wink:

I'm going to Chicago and I would work together to meet the Bono. I tried last tour, without success. So maybe if we conspired together...who knows?

Lemon Grrrrrl said:
I remember reading someone said he could charm the leaves off a tree in the springtime - 'tis so true!

I can believe that. After all, there's that one story of how, when he was a kid, he could pick up bees and have them hang out on his finger without stinging him. When charisma was getting passed out to people, he got 20 trillion truckloads of it :p.

Originally posted by Lemon Grrrrrl
But of course he gets away with it, because, well, dammit, he's BONO!!!!!!

Heh, yeah :).

Originally posted by Lemon Grrrrrl
Yeah, my hubby has Catherine Bell (from JAG), I have Bono. But it's just not the same thing. She doesn't ooze sensuality from every pore like Bono always does. At least I don't think she does!

Haha, well, yeah, you wouldn't think that, 'cause you're not the one with the crush on her :D. Your husband might disagree, though.

I wouldn't be going with any boyfriends when U2 comes around, 'cause I'm single :sigh:. I'd be going with my family. And they all don't mind Bono-think he acts a little odd at times, but they all think he's a pretty cool guy, and they're pretty nice about my, uh, interest in him, so...no problem there.

Angela

I think I could do with some help - I live in the UK - hopefully going to Dublin for the shows there. Anyone going there? Need to meet the B-man. Probably camp outside the Clarence or something. Don't think my husband would be up for that though:(

caligemini said:

>>>>>To all West Coast Plebas - Please PM me if you want to get together for shows and stalking. I'm in SF<<<<<:wink:

I tried to PM you but It did'nt accept PM to you...
Anyway I would love to drive up to a SF show,,., Not thinking about it too much until we get tour dates, but If I do make it to SF I would gladly join you in a stalking Spree:D

Last edited:
Haha, well, yeah, you wouldn't think that, 'cause you're not the one with the crush on her :D. Your husband might disagree, though.

He doesn't waste hours on the internet looking for the latest photos of her or drool and get the shivers at the mere mention of her name. He doesn't have tons of videocasettes with her images taken from every interview and appearance that can be scrounged up, even if it's only a 2 second mention of her name. And most importantly, she isn't on the monitor when I turn the computer on. Never has been! :)

Of course, my husband thinks I should keep my long hair. At least she gives me hope b/c her hair is considerably shorter!

And caligemini - I'm in Seattle but I'd be willing to get on down to SF if I can! Any opportunity to stalk Bono with a fellow PLEBAn! You can
email me if you like...I don't have the "full" membership here so I can't PM anybody. :(

i am really really looking forwad to going to my 1st u2 concert this upcoming tour and im willing to fly to the nearest city (which is san fran which happenes to be 6 hours south of me if i drove there) or go back 'home' to san diego. but i have to plan this out better since i have no friends who are fans of u2 or anyone with money to pay being that im a college student.
but im still excited,

Miroslava said:
Well yay! We'll have to talk...

This is my list of potential cities to drive to: Chicago, Indianapolis, Toronto, Buffalo, Cleveland, Columbus, Pittsbugh, Cincinnatti and of course Detroit...

Possibly Mineapolis since Northwest has hubs in Detroit and there and you can fly for cheap...

This will be an operation of military precision! :wink:

Plan A: Indianapolis (well, I DO live here)
Plan B: Cincinatti (like a 2 or 3 hour drive?)
Plan C: Minneapolis (got relatives there)

Beyond that...well, hopefully it won't go beyond that. But yeah, I'll join the Midwest patrol :D it'll be kinda difficult 'cause I don't have a car or a liscence, and unfortunately dad won't let me drive to big cities hours away with random people :shrug: go figure.

I am sooooo dying to see U2 right now... I miss Bono, so much. I've only seen him twice, and I've never actually met him, but I miss him. I had a Bono fix in 2001 and 2002, but not 2003 or 2004... if I don't see him soon I might die :sad: I'm determined to meet him. My best friend and I have already decided we're going to go to a concert and meet Bono. I'm prayin' they play in Indy, 'cause that will be the easiest and most feasible option for me... I'll have a considerable chance (chance? no, no, it WILL happen, there's no chance involved, damnit!) to meet Bono and the boys if they play here. Otherwise it's up in the air... so U2, please, please, PLEASE come to Indianapolis! I love you guys!

I'm not married and I don't even have a boyfriend, but if I did I'd make sure he understood my obsession with Bono. It's not like a normal celebrity crush. I really love the man, I swear... and it's gotten to the point where even my TEACHERS are sick of hearing about him :laugh: (except my chemistry teacher because his favourite band is U2 :D lucky me...and he ain't bad lookin' either :sexywink: ) but I think my love for Bono is more intense than it has been ever before... just seeing a picture of him makes me happy, but sometimes also a bit sad... I won't be satisfied until I meet him. stars, I know EXACTLY what you mean when you say you want to know if he's real... I feel the same. Of course, I've been close enough to see the colour in his eyes, but I've never touched him, or spoken with him (I declared my love with a very loud shout but I don't think he heard me since the audience was cheering...I should have done it when there was complete silence, like this chick did with...uh...one actor dude that was there, when he got up to talk she was all "I LOVE YOU [name of dude]" and he was all "Well, I love you too!" and it was funny. but I didn't have the audacity to declare my love for Bono while he was trying to talk about such a serious issue). I'm determined to change that though. Add me to the list of people Bono will meet next year.

Back
Top Bottom