I canNOT get over this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MonaVox

Rock n' Roll Doggie
:sad: :love:

[color=royal blue]
Just now I was wondering if Bono plays with fireworks and Fishy just told me that every year on New Years Eve he and Ali go to the beach and pick one thing about themselves they would like to change for each other and they tie the paper to a rocket and shoot it to the stars

*LOVESICK*

Kaaaaaawwwwwwww the Sweetest Thiiiiiing

Is it from the Flanagan book? In the past week like 4 ppl have said things to me that were from that book and I HAVE NEVER FINISHED IT. GAW

It so does not take much to make the Monita happy.

PETE YORN: You could even hold my hand if you would like to

Kaaaaaaaawwwwwwww *lovesiiiiiiiiiiiiicccckkkkkk* I want ooooonnnnneeee
[/color]

yeah that is a really sweet story. there needs to be more men in the world like him.

don't cha think?

then we can all have a sweet guy like bono all to ourselves :D

*all together now*
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW That is sooooooooo sweet! I read that somewhere too but not in the Flanagan book for I have yet to find the bloody thing! :mad: argh! (Not that I'm upset or anything.) In the same interview I think it also said that Bono will take a dip in the freezing cold ocean! LOL....or was that X-mas Eve? I have the worst memory in the world!

I've never finished mine either.

I dont have the patience to read. :sad:

OMG I have read mine like 5 times...no joke...

The ending chapters always make me cry...there is some really good stuff in those last thirty or so pages...not just U2 stories, but stuff that makes you ponder things in your own life...atleast for me.

I love the story Bono's dad tells about the bee's...

That makes me cry so hard now that Bono's dad is gone.

Yeah, I've heard that story before. Very adorable. :)

I don't think that's from the Flannagan book. That's a recent quote, ATYCLB permotion interview I think.

too cute....i'm only about 150 pages into mine cause i just got it and i've been super busy lately.......but i love it so far......makes me laugh, makes me cry.......*runs to go read*

Bonogirl10 said:
*all together now*
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW That is sooooooooo sweet! I read that somewhere too but not in the Flanagan book for I have yet to find the bloody thing! :mad: argh! (Not that I'm upset or anything.) In the same interview I think it also said that Bono will take a dip in the freezing cold ocean! LOL....or was that X-mas Eve? I have the worst memory in the world!

I know what yer talking about. It's new year's as I remember, he said something about starting over or something....

*consults sources*

"Q. What's Bono gonna do on New Year's Eve?

A. I like the idea of starting again, you know, I just love the idea of... every day, in a way, you should start your life again, and New Year's Eve I always have all these kind of big ideas about what you can do in the next year, and you know... sometimes you're right. "

er....tis not what I'm thinking of....

*keeps digging*

I read it was throwing the papers into a bonfire on the beach. It started when they belonged to the Shalom group. They all did it. It was some kind of ancient Japanese tradition. They wouldn't shoot papers at the stars, because they'd land somewhere and that would be littering, plus someone could find it and see what you wrote! The bonfire makes much more sense for that reason too.

Last edited:
[color=royal blue]Well recently I've been working on a music theory book, but methinks I'll put that away fer a bit so I can read the Flanagan book, whether that firework story's from there or not.

It's not that I don't like to read....I think I just never had time....

SUMMER: *ahem*

I guess I have time now. :D
[/color]

oliveu2cm said:
And I, like a firework, explode....

:drool:

Happy 4th everyone,

xo Olive

*off to the beach :)

[color=royal blue]Wow OK NOW I have to listen to that whole CD. Look what ye've done! :D[/color]

I don't think that rocket thing is from Flanagan's book...I've read it several, several times, and this rocket thing is news to me.

Awwwww! That story is adorable! :heart:*Bono & Ali fuzzies*:heart:

Like everyone's been saying, I don't think that story's in the Flanagan book. But regardless, everyone should definitely read "The Bible" if they get a chance- I loved it. :)

I'm takin another stab at the Flanagan book, regardless. I read some at the pool today

It's from a Rolling Stone Article

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/newsarticle.asp?nid=15061&cf=45

How do you spend New Year's Day?

On New Year's Eve I always make a prayer, at midnight. If we've got rockets, we tie our prayers to them and send them off. Or that day I'll jump in the freezing-cold waters of the Irish Sea and take a shot of ice-cold vodka when I come out. I like the idea of beginning again. Religious folk call it being "born again." I think you should be born again and again and again. What I loved about the whole Jubilee movement is it was demanding the same thing for countries - you know, that you get a chance to begin again, you're free of the past. I'd like to start 2002 as a baby. That might be the way to see the world . . . as opposed to seeing it as a big baby.

Last edited:
There are SO MANY good parts to that article, but this is one of my favorite parts...abviously not because it is happy, but because it shows that even though he is a huge rockstar...he is still human...

"What was your most memorable personal encounter this year?

Sitting beside my father in his last weeks and hours. And his last words, which were, "Are you all fucking mad?" [laughs long and loud].

That's amazing. To whom was this addressed? Me . . . I was sleeping beside him. I'd get back home after gigs we were doing in Europe and England and have a pint of Guinness and a chaser to steady my nerves, then I'd go into the hospital and I'd sleep beside him, you know, because I didn't want him to be alone at night.

KAAAAAAWWWWWWW

OMG total bono fuzzies...

Daisy I lent my Bible to a friend...could you get the bee part and put it in this thread? I miss that part...I miss that book...

I when I reread the interview I starting crying when he was talking about dying with dignity, and how cancer just strips that away from you......

*sniff*:sad:

Anyhoo I digress...

Here is your passage Fishy:

He[Bob Hewson] sat and looked out his window at the silver Irish Sea. I figured it was time for me to hit the road. Then Bob said, "I remember when he was three, only a toddler. He was out in the back garden. He went over to a flower with a bee. He put out his finger, lifted the bee up, and put it back again. He probably doesn't remember it, I don't think I ever mentioned it, but I can remember to this day the horror of my wife and myself. He could go from flower to flower picking up bees and never get stung."

Bono's father looked off, as if he were watching an exasperating child in the garden again, and he said, "Amazing, isn't it?"

thus far one of my favorite lines from that book is "i just kicked bono in the head".........don't ask why cause i don't know......i'm just crazy like that.........

you know what else in that book I thought was really sweet? the part where Willie - I think it was him - was sad and Bill didn't know why, but Bono was holding his hand.

*runs off to re-read bible*

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
you know what else in that book I thought was really sweet? the part where Willie - I think it was him - was sad and Bill didn't know why, but Bono was holding his hand.

*runs off to re-read bible*

yes! that is one of my fave parts too, makes me cry because Willie found his friend had AIDS.

Back
Top Bottom