I bought my bass guitar!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congrats!!!!
smile.gif

SWEEEET! It's so easy to learn bass and sounds (and feels) amazing.

I use the tab on u2station, very easy and play along with my favorite tunes!!

i started looking at activebass.com but didn't like it.

then a friend who switched from guitar to bass gave me his fender instructional video. It actually was quite useful! so getting a video to help with learning notes and correct terminology and stuff is not a terrible idea.

and any time you want to exchange bass ideas, i'm willing to chat!!!

(p.s. wearing the pants helps!!)

------------------
***ALOTWU***

I can't afford the pants now! lol But I'll try to get some pics out soon! (I have midterms this week blech) Yayyyyyy...I'm so excited!

YAY BASS!!
I'm such a bass player wannabe, but for various carrer-related reasons I chose to pick up guitar instead. Also, I knew I could get my dad to give me one of his guitars for free. Not like it's that different, though.
I also have a weakness for bass players... *sigh*
That's so neato, clarity!

------------------
"You's put on de leada' pants, de pants start tellin' ya' whut t'do. 'S coo', bro. WORD!" ~Bono

I can't stop smiling! lol I'll chat with ya when I think I've actually figured some fingering out elizabeth! *grins like a fool*

------------------
Official Statement from Me: Do not be alarmed. This purchase of a bass has not affected my overwhelming undying I wanna stalk...err talk to Lardence. :D Drums are too complicated and expensive! lol

Too expensive for my impulsive purchase tastes...lol. I'm the kind of person that would want *every* accessory for it. Guitar = more in my price range in that respect.
smile.gif

Yay Clarity! Congrats on your new bass!
biggrin.gif

I've got a guitar, but hopefully I'll own a bass before the year is over.
smile.gif

------------------
nan
MacPhisto made me do it

Every little thing's gonna be alright

You can join Dublin Calling!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

Kick start my rock 'n rollin? heart. ~J.E.W.

"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~Bono

"I...I had a one night stand with the Discoteque video" ~Mona
The Man Corral

That's so cool Clarity...
biggrin.gif

It's funny I was walking past a Music store just the other day and found myself peering at the guitars and an extremely hot looking bass.......
must be something in the cyber air here at PLEBA...
wink.gif
I actually considered going in and pricing one of them....
talked myself out of it naturally since I can't play a single note.You might have just inspired me to check things out further !!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Have a blast with it...I know you will !!

[This message has been edited by browneyedgirl (edited 02-24-2002).]

[This message has been edited by browneyedgirl (edited 02-24-2002).]

I think I'm gonna use a roll of film taking pics. lol

------------------
Official Statement from Me: Do not be alarmed. This purchase of a bass has not affected my overwhelming undying I wanna stalk...err talk to Lardence. :D Drums are too complicated and expensive! lol

you know, i have to say to all women who hesitate to buy because they "don't know how" or "have no musical talent" --BULL!!!

you can't learn until you get one!!!

and musical talent???? well, unless you really want to make a living from it, just being able to play your favorite tunes is such a soul-lifter, i don't think talent is necessary.

I tried guitar in eighth grade and sucked. tried again in high school...sucked. then tried in college (i never learn) and SUCKED! when i got my bass, and realized i COULD learn, and then started playing on my husband's guitar....well, let me just say i can now do the main riff for Desire!!

not fast, not perfect, but i can play it!!

and it feels awesome. I love it!!!

don't feel pressured to buy new. I bought used and it is fantastic. My husband and i play together, and have a blast. I really encourage you, if you want to try, then TRY!!!

where would be if none of those 4 boys who couldn't play hadn't tried??!?!?!

------------------
***ALOTWU***

I didn't feel pressured to buy new...I wanted to break it in myself though. I'm nitpicky like that.
biggrin.gif
And I'm figuring stuff out slowly but surely. Finding some decent sites that are leading me in the right direction.
biggrin.gif
I played piano and clarinet a zillion years ago..so I think it's just a matter of time before it comes back to me. I'm gonna keep everyone updated of course!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Pardon-- could someone tell me what this is:

ALOTWU

????????????????????

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

Kick start my rock 'n rollin? heart. ~J.E.W.

"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~Bono

"I...I had a one night stand with the Discoteque video" ~Mona
The Man Corral

Originally posted by WildHonee:
Pardon-- could someone tell me what this is:

ALOTWU

????????????????????

No, it's a secret...
wink.gif

I would be reavealing too much if I gave away the secret...

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

"This is very un-hip, you know, having the bleeding heart here...I've a reputation to live down to." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

[This message has been edited by hippyactress (edited 02-24-2002).]

Originally posted by hippyactress:
No, it's a secret...
wink.gif

I would be reavealing too much if I gave away the secret...

LMAO!!

hippy...this is your call all the way!!

------------------
***ALOTWU***

Clarity I don't know how to play the guitar either but I ordered this computer program after seeing it at U2.com. It teaches you how to play with the guitar and piano the songs from Achtung Baby. It's about $34.00 US dollars. It also has pics of U2, a U2 quiz and some U2 vids (The fly, One Bar version, Mysterious Ways, Even Better Than the Real Thing) If your willing to spend the money it's worth it.
Here's the link: http://u2.com/homepage/news120202.html

~*~Keep your head up cause today's gonna come...Midnight...she can't sleep she's afraid to dream...my spanish rose~*~

[This message has been edited by Lise (edited 02-24-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom