I am so sad right now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Naya

Refugee
Well, I don't know if any of you know, but I'm a huge Beatles fan. The Beatles were my first love. Since I was 12 I have been fascinated by them and their music. Their songs have always been there for me, for whatever mood I'm in. So today when I learned that George died, I couldn't really make sense of it. I didn't want to believe it actually. A friend told me about it at work, and I didn't want to break down in front of everybody. Thankfully, some cool guys at work kept me distracted. But when I came back home tonight and I watched the news and the retrospective I started crying and I haven't stopped since. I knew he was sick, but it's always depressing when someone you admire dies. The Beatles mean so much to me and I can't accept it that another one of them is gone. In a way I'm glad that he is now free of sickness, and he will be finally be able to see his good friend John.

I'm not asking anyone to cheer me up, just reading this post is okay. I'm sorry if I come across as corny.

Aww, Naya, honey...
It's okay. Your post was lovely. We all get sad at different times. HUG FROM BLUEY.
Lots of people are very sad about George's death, you're not corny. I hope you feel better soon. If you want I will email you something to cheer you up?
-Bluey

(((((Naya)))))
Your post isn't corny- I totally understand. If (God forbid) a member of U2 died I'd be crying for days. I know many people who are sad about George's death- he and the Beatles meant a lot to a lot of people. I'm sure you'll feel better soon- crying probably helped the grieving process.

-Rachel

One of my friends was a huge beatles fan, and George was her favorite.. we were watching the retrospective on tv for a bit, then she says.. i need to pay tribute do him, what do i do? So we ended up playing some beatles songs on my guitar. It was so nice..

Yeah, George's death put a big damper on my day as well... I still think he was the most talented Beatle. He was an amazing man and we'll miss him...
frown.gif
It's okay, we all share your sentiments...

*feels like she should be listening to the Beatles right now*

~Depressed Bona~

------------------
"I wish that I could cry, fall upon my knees. Find a way to lie about a home I'll never see... I can't stand to fly. I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find a better part of me. Up up and away from me, It's alright you can all sleep safe tonight. I'm not crazy or anything... Even heroes have the right to dream..." -Five for Fighting "Superman"
All my pictures are located here:
LadyHeartland's pics.

Of course that's not 'corny'-it just shows what a special person you are
smile.gif

Maybe you can take some comfort in how at peace he seemed to be at the end w/ his life and his death.

When you start to feel 'better' about it, you can listen to his music and smile.

{{{{Naya}}}}

The beatles hold a very special place in my heart too, Naya. My mom constantly played her Beatles records for us as kids. I can't tell you how many times I've seen Help and Hard Day's Night. My first musical love was the Beatles too. When I first learned of George's death I cried silent tears for almost a half hour sitting at my computer. Then I called my mom and my sister and they cried too. I don't have a vast collection of music by any means. I only have stuff that touches me, my Beatles collection does. When the anthologies were released a few years back, my best friend and I lined up at Midnight at Best Buy to get one of the first copies and the free bonus disk. I feel your sadness and don't think it's corny. The world has lost something special.
Leah

Thank you everyone for your words of kindness and for understanding me. Thank you for taking the time and reading how I felt. Crying helped a lot, and I was able to accept that he passed away, and that after all the suffering he endured that he will now be at peace. I will always have his music to remember him by, not to mention my books and videos.
smile.gif

hugs to everyone
smile.gif

I'm sorry Naya, I am sad too. I was always a big Beatles fan too, my teenage siblings played their stuff in the 60's when I was little and I collected stuff in the 70's and I am still a big fan. It is sad about George, even though he was suffering and was not murdered like John. I remember that and it was terrible. I was so sad to hear about George too. What a loss. I'm also sad because Bono stiffed me, as I posted in the Atlanta thread. I am depressed and crying, hey girl at least you got your youth and a future. Take care.

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

Naya, I understand just how you're feeling. *Hugs* I've loved The Beatles as long as I can remember. They mean *so* much to me, as a group and individually. I knew this was coming, but you just can't be ready for it. When I heard the news it was like a shot through the heart. I've been crying all weekend. I can't believe he's gone....

Olivia and Dhani are asking us to join them in a minute of meditation tomorrow (Monday) at 4:30pm EST.

Originally posted by stefananny:
Naya, I understand just how you're feeling. *Hugs* I've loved The Beatles as long as I can remember. They mean *so* much to me, as a group and individually. I knew this was coming, but you just can't be ready for it. When I heard the news it was like a shot through the heart. I've been crying all weekend. I can't believe he's gone....

Olivia and Dhani are asking us to join them in a minute of meditation tomorrow (Monday) at 4:30pm EST.

((((stefananny))))
I know exactly how you feel. I too knew it was going to happen, but nothing prepares you for the day when it *actually* happens. It's really hard to accept that there is only 2 Beatles left. But now we know that George is not suffering anymore, so that's the way I see it and came to accept it. As you know, George was very spiritual and not fearful of death.

I found it hard to watch the old Beatles footage, when they were so adorable, innocent and young. Happier times, you know?

Thank you so much for passing on the information that his wife and son will meditate and invites us to do the same thing.

smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom