I am deeply depressed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeartlandGirl

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
So I just got back from Walgreens with my pictures from last night's concert. A grand total of two out of 48 pictures came out.
frown.gif

All the pictures are in focus, but they have giant streams of light, like the camera is being moved when the picture is taken. The only thing I can figure out is that because we were standing on very wobbly risers, all of our pictures were "in motion" no matter how still we held the camera.

This sucks. You can tell that some of them were really good pictures too.

*HG hangs her head is despair*

I know it isn't the end of the world, but it would have been nice to have some good pictures of the band.
frown.gif

Dude- did you use 800 speed film??? B/c at the last Phoenix concert in April I didn't and that's exactly what happened to mine. But next time I used 800, and I got some sweet ass sweet pics! But it also helped that I was like 6 freakin feet away from them!!!!! (Sorry, still can't believe it.)
biggrin.gif
But really, that sucks about your pics not coming out, I'm guessing it was just the speed thing. I'm sure someone else took some good shots though- they might even give you copies!

SAME EXACT thing that happened to me first leg. I had GC seats.

Just blurs of light. Two pics came out. I cried when I got them back.

Its probly cuz you didnt use a flash.. and the shutter stays open longer to let light in, but you also have to have the camera perfectly still for 5 seconds. Yeah plus 800 speed film is what I used then, made no difference.

This leg I as much closer so I used a flash on all pics.. they came out.

I totally understand how you feel.. I felt the same way but dont give up.. there will be more concerts and more opportunites.. I thought I had blown my only chance to get pics of U2 but they came back! And they will come back again.

smile.gif

------------------
Holy Dunc Spacejunk Coming In For The Splash

Sicy's Website

Photo Albums

Wish I'd known this stuff earlier!!! GAO!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't use a flash because in a thread way back in the day, someone said not to because it would just light up the people around you or in front of you.

I am so mad
mad.gif

Guess I'll get over it. How long until I feel better about this????

Oh that is So frustrating... I totally feel your pain!!! for everygood picture I took, I have one bad it seems.

Speed of film wont make TOO much of a difference, as long as you use 400 or above, 800 is the great and what I usually use since it works better in low light, and flashes dont make much of a difference too...I didnt use mine at all in providence or Chicago because the band asks you not too. Truth is it's nearly impossible to hold your camera steady for long enough to focus- I was on the rail so I lucked out and could balance - so unless you've got a tripod... you're out of luck
wink.gif
But sorry to hear about that... at least you have a few good ones still!
smile.gif

------------------
How do you keep a moron busy for an hour? Two words... Extreme Paddleball

"wow...look at those two birds... they look just like airplanes, the way they're flying..."

" because they are airplanes..."

Ohhhh....this worries me.

I've taken a total of TEN rolls of film, most of it is 800 speed, and at least two rolls are all concert footage. But my camera is pretty crappy, so I fear I may get the dreaded "one out of ten" that actually turn out.

Stay tuned...I'll probably take my film in tomorrow....

disco

Originally posted by HeartlandGirl:
Wish I'd known this stuff earlier!!! GAO!!!!!!!!!!!

I know I know.. people told me the same thing... dont use a flash. But you know what.. use it. It's better to have some peoples heads lit up and a clear picture than a blurry lighted mess.

I was angry too.

Well, I'm moving through the stages of grief quite quickly. First denial, then anger, and now I'm feeling a little better. Knowing that I'm not the only one this has happened to helps.

I was also worried about my husband's reaction. I called him crying on the phone and he said, oh well, at least two came out. And he wanted to use the flash! At least he's not mad at me, and I can try to get over this. Mind you, I haven't cried in months, but this is U2!!!

Hope everyone else's pictures come out alright. If anyone has Dallas pics they'd like to share (even for a fee) let me know.

babyswan11@hotmail.com

Back
Top Bottom