Hypothetical question:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

youvedonewhat

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Ok, I'm so totally bored that I came up with this:

So you're out shopping alone. You've done all the shops and now you need to go sink a coffee/tea. All the cafe's are full. You trail for the next half hour looking for somewhere that's not heaving with bodies.

At last, you find a cafe that doesn't look too bad although it's almost full. So you go in. Order yourself a coffee and look round to find somewhere to park yer weary arse.

There's only one seat that you can see:

It's by the window. The other seat is occupied by some bloke with his head stuck in a book. You don't see his face as it's hidden, so you mosey on over, ask politely 'is this seat taken?'. The guy lowers his book, flashes you his most devastating smile, you know the one: the face splitting grin that causes your heat to miss a beat.

Yes..

It's the B.

He sez, ' no. Help yourself' So you park your arse wishing you'd made more of an effort to look good and begin to sip your drink. You can feel his eyes on you. You know that he's in the mood to yak. So, yeah, you can live with that. You strike up a conversation, enjoying the company and the coffee when suddenly a shadow falls over you. The B stops talking. You look up.

...and there's Larry, giving it his hardest scowl. (He doesn't mean it, he just wants to see how you react).

"Bono." He sez, "I thought I told you to save my seat."

....so, what do you do?

Slurp your coffee/tea back in one hit and say: It's ok, I'm going now?

Allow a sly look to slip across your face and suggest that as there's no free seats he can always park his fine arse upon your knee?

Suggest he sits down and you sit on his knee?

Scowl at Bono and suggest he gives up his seat as he's finished his coffee and he's only reading his book anyways?

apologize to larry, and since Bono told me the seat was free, his lap has to be my seat :drool: hmm and yes my arms have to be around your neck... :drool:

no, I think I'd be so scared for larry, that I'd run away..... probably forgetting all my stuff...

seeing as Larry is quite intimidating...

I'd apologize and tell Bono that it was nice sipping coffee with him. Then I'd get up to leave and allow Larry to return to his seat.

But of course I'd leave, in hopes that Bono would interfere and insist on me staying. :happy:

Honestly, I think I will be paralyzed and wouldn't say or do anything .... but, - as it is a hypothetical question - my hypothetical answer is :

I would turn into a carpenter in a blink of an eye, and make a chair, say, out of the table in a minute .... and keep on talking with the two of them! :wink:

oh I just came up with a great hypothetical answer
I'd jump up and offer larry my seat, and use Bono's lap as chair, but first I'd borrow some of Adam's superglue so I'd be stuck on his lap forever(well until he takes off his pants) :lol:

I'd go with Galeongirls answer and give up my seat to Larry and sit on Bono's lap! :drool: I've a photo of Mrs Edge (we've been pen pals for almost 12 years!) from Toronto 1992 of her sitting on Bono's lap while enjoying a cupper!:D

hcbiggs2002 said:
I'd go with Galeongirls answer and give up my seat to Larry and sit on Bono's lap! :drool: I've a photo of Mrs Edge (we've been pen pals for almost 12 years!) from Toronto 1992 of her sitting on Bono's lap while enjoying a cupper!:D

do you have any pictures of that?????? :shocked:

why did my brain link that to Santa clause???

tell larry sorry and blame it all on B:drool: but I wouldn't get up...I'd drag another chair over for Larry.

I'd probably jump up right away and apologize, thank Bono, and walk away. I'd be way too freaked out to do anything else. :wink:

hcbiggs2002 said:

Yes, I do but unfortunately I don't have a scan of the photo to share it with you all here! :(
ok, can you at least tell the story.... :drool: I can't even imagine sitting on his lap... that would be like.. heaven...:drool:

I'd stay in the chair - I'm sure the table would be big enough for three so Larry is more than welcome to join:yes:

Last edited:
:hmm:

Well, first I'd look at B and let him handle it. But if all he does is stare blankly back at me, I'd smile sweetly up at Larry and say "Oh, that's ok! Have my seat, but you don't mind if I pull up a chair for myself? I was just in the middle of a lovely conversation with this fine gentleman!"

And if all else fails, I'd tell Bono to scoot over and make room for me.:sexywink:

(if that really happened, I don't think I would have had the guts to sit down at the table in the first place!:lol: )

Galeongirl said:
ok, can you at least tell the story.... :drool: I can't even imagine sitting on his lap... that would be like.. heaven...:drool:

It's been over about 13 years since this happened so some of the details are a little fuzzy but Mrs Edge and some friends decided that when U2 came to Toronto to do their gig that one of them would stay at same hotel that U2 usually do when they visit the city and that then would all hang out in the lobby, order some coffee/tea in the hope that one or more of U2 (prefebly Edge) would come down and do the same.
And as luck would have it Bono comes down at some point during the day to the lobby orders coffee and starts to read the papers! I can't remember the exact order of events but some how Mrs Edge and friends get introduced to Bono and they sit next to him. And during the process of talking and taking photos some one suggests (probably Bono!) that Mrs Edge sits on his lap. :ohmy:

I plan on doing the same if U2 ever come to Finland again!:drool:

hcbiggs2002 said:

It's been over about 13 years since this happened so some of the details are a little fuzzy but Mrs Edge and some friends decided that when U2 came to Toronto to do their gig that one of them would stay at same hotel that U2 usually do when they visit the city and that then would all hang out in the lobby, order some coffee/tea in the hope that one or more of U2 (prefebly Edge) would come down and do the same.
And as luck would have it Bono comes down at some point during the day to the lobby orders coffee and starts to read the papers! I can't remember the exact order of events but some how Mrs Edge and friends get introduced to Bono and they sit next to him. And during the process of talking and taking photos some one suggests (probably Bono!) that Mrs Edge sits on his lap. :ohmy:

I plan on doing the same if U2 ever come to Finland again!:drool:
that sounds absolutely :drool: lovely....
I would never even dare to think of that I think... I'd faint inmediately!

Galeongirl said:
oh I just came up with a great hypothetical answer
I'd jump up and offer larry my seat, and use Bono's lap as chair, but first I'd borrow some of Adam's superglue so I'd be stuck on his lap forever(well until he takes off his pants) :lol:

:lmao:

I would jump up immediately and apologize to Larry, and tell the two of them that since there don't appear to be any empty spots left to sit in the entire place, I'll just stand. Then Bono would hopefully invite me to sit on his knee. (I can't imagine having the guts to ask him if I could sit there).

I'd look from Larry to Bono to Larry again, and then look Larry up and down very deliberately. "Well. If you want me to get up, you realise that you're so close I would have to press my entire body against yours in order to walk away." And then I'd give him this smouldering look as I watch the sheer terror cross his face. Our bluffs called, we'd both crack up, and I'd regretfully stand up and say "Here you go. Bono said this seat wasn't taken, you can wallop HIM."

I'd wave at them and start to walk away, but always leave room for Bono to say "Hey wait..." just in case, you know, he might have met his soulmate. From what I hear around these forums that's a pretty likely occurance. :wink:

The chances of this happening in Reality are very slim.....however, in hypothetical-land, I would give up the chair to Larry, apologize for having taken it and bid them both a good day, thanks for the chance meeting. Celebrities are people too and as much as I would LOVE to meet the members of U2 and have rehearsed what I would like to say to each one of them, I give them their privacy and respect that unless of course they would beckon me to stay. :wink:

I would probably not have the guts to sit down in the first place. It's even more unlikely that I'd dare to have a conversation with Bono. And if Larry came over and scowled at me, I'd melt into a puddle on the floor, which would leave the chair empty for Larry to sit. In my imagination, of course I'd be bold enough to drag another chair over to sit in between these two handsome men...:tongue:

I would probably look at Bono, to see what, if anything, he would do. Then I'd smile at Bono, transfer my beaming grin to Larry, and as I got up from the chair, I'd say something like" Sure, sweetie, what's it worth to you?", in my best Southern drawl. :flirt: I would then play off whatever Larry or Bono said next, but if neither one said anything, or if I felt I was interrupting things, I'd tell Bono how much I enjoyed talking with him, and leave.
Ahhh, what a fine fantasy to start off the new year!

Haha... I know I'll prolly be flamed for this, but I'd tell Larry, "Quit being a baby, there are other seats available! What's the big deal?"

Am I the only one who thinks that Larry is pretty scary, even when he doesn't scowl? He always reminds me of some type of military officer... Even when he laughs it seems so tight and controlled in a way...

I haven't read the replies but I know this isn't going to be original. I'd pat my lap and say there's plenty of room right here, and grin--trying not to drool. :drool:

BONO'ppetit said:
I haven't read the replies but I know this isn't going to be original. I'd pat my lap and say there's plenty of room right here, and grin--trying not to drool. :drool:

well, yours is quite original ^^
most gals share my idea of running straight to Bono :D

Back
Top Bottom