How would you rate the band members?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Allegra

Refugee
The stars at night are big and bright *clap, clap,
I'm sure you are saying to yourself that I've done this a hundred times already, but we have a lot of new folks in here. Let's see who has the top vote! Also leave a short reason why you placed him in that spot, and you can leave a pick if you like. Here let me start:

#1 :bono: - :drool: just all around sexy and funny

#2 :edge: - :angel: sweet guy, wouldn't hurt a fly, quiet

#3 :adam: - nice guy but a little bit on the wild side :eyebrow:

#4 :larry: - sorry, he reminds me too much of my brother! :barf:

My brother (below) is a drummer and Harley rider just like Larry!

My+brother+-+looks+like+Larry!.jpg

:lmao: That's my crazy brother!

I love all the boys, but if I had to put them in order, they would be:

#1 :bono: - Bono's not only sexy and has a beautiful voice, but he is very passionate about his beliefs and uses his money and popularity to help people in need. He is also a sweet family-man who's been married to the same woman for over 20 years; not many rock stars can say the same.

#2 :edge: - The Edge can play a mean guitar! Period.

#3 :larry: - Larry may come off as a tough Harley dude, but I think deep down, he probably has a soft side that only close friends have seen. (Plus, he can beat the hell out of a drum!)

#4 :adam:- Adam is cool and laid-back, and he's probably very intelligent and offers good insight to the band.

They are all really cool though, and U2 would not be the same without each of them.

#1 Bono- so hot, smart and charming
#2 Edge- nice looking, interesting
#3 Larry- he's okay but not really my type
#4 Adam- sorry he seems boring and not so attractive as the rest

#1 Larry, coz he's hot and cool and just an all around beautiful, down to earth guy... and did I mention he's hot? :wink:

# 2 Bono and Adam are kinda tied at the moment. Bono is just adorable... just one of those people you can't help but love, and those eyes!... but I love Adam's sense of humor and laid back style... and he's got a nice bod (those thighs... damn!)

# 3 Edge He's cute, smart and funny... but I dunno why, he's never really done it for me on the looks department. Maybe if he shaved off his facial hair... :shrug: Still, I'd love to meet him, the same as Adam and Larry.

They all seem like really nice guys and I :heart: them all.

1. Bono-he's exactly the type of guy I go for. He's incredibly intelligent, opinionated-it'd be wonderful to get into a discussion with him on so many things, loves to read, writes poetry and stories (like with the whole "Million Dollar Hotel" story), plays guitar on occasion, artistic, very open-minded, helpful, friendly, respectful of everyone, faithful, does his own thing and doesn't care if anyone thinks he's weird for doing it, insanely charismatic...and it certainly doesn't hurt that he's really, really good-looking as well-incredibly cute smile, nice eyes. :). *Takes deep breath*

2. Larry and Edge are tied for me. Larry-I like how he's completely honest, he doesn't expect anything to be sugarcoated-I really respect people like that. And he's very sensible as well. He's the type of guy who, if we were stranded somewhere, or in some other sort of trouble, I would trust to keep everyone calm and think of a way to get us out. And Edge, I like how modest he seems to be. He's kinda shy, comes in and says his piece and then just fades back into the scene, but whatever it was he said was something really interesting. And he's also incredibly intelligent. And looks-wise, I do agree that they're both not bad-looking. Larry has a nice body, and Edge has a cute smile as well. :D.

3. Adam. Personality wise, I like him, 'cause he also does what he wants and doesn't care if he gets flack for it, and he seems to be quite understanding of women, which doesn't hurt. And I get the feeling that I could talk to him about anything. I also found the story from the Flanagan book in regards to him putting that letter about him being kicked out of his old school above his toilet in his really nice house which overlooks that school-that's freakin' hilarious. Looks-wise, though, I just personally haven't really been attracted to him there (although the late 80s wasn't that bad to him...). But he still seems like a cool person, someone I could see as a really good friend.

Like flaming june said, though, I would love to meet all of them anyway. They all seem like they'd be really fun and sweet guys to get to know.

Angela

Bono fascinates me no end! He's smart as heck, talented as heck, and I particularly love his compassion. He's sexy as heck too.
Larry is so down-to-earth. He doesn't have any illusions about stardom. I don't think any of the guys do but this is *very* true of Larry.
Adam's a hoot. Actually they're all funny but he would always make me laugh. I like his insight into women also. When U2 first came along that was almost unheard of in rock stars. Another U2 rock revolution!
Edge is so damn smart, I'd love to have intellectual conversations with him. He probably would have become a physics prof if U2 hadn't worked out. But God, am I ever glad U2 worked out and became such an important part of my life. I wouldn't have it any other way.
:drool: :drool: :drool: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Bono-he's my savior, my idol, my hero, my absolute favorite singer ever. I have to put him in the number #1 spot because of that. His voice, singing and lyrical, make me :drool: to no end.

Edge-He really is my favorite. I think he's the cutest thing ever and yes if he wasn't famous and I saw him sitting in a crowded room I'd say the same thing. But more importantly I just love to listen to him play his guitar. I've always been obsessed with guitar players. He seems like a quiet, shy guy. In my real life, away from Interference, I'm a very quiet person that does not say much so there's just something about that in Edge that I'm drawn too. I also love it in interviews when he starts talking like he's a scientist and not a rock star. He's also a very loyal friend because he accompanies Bono to a lot of things and doesn't appear to have any problems not getting the same amount of attention.

Adam-I think he's good for a laugh in interviews but I don't normally pay much attention to him.

Larry-he bores me. He's not very visable unless he's on stage with U2 so what I've seen or heard from him it hasn't been too impressive.

Last edited:
Adam... my favorite, he is with that more I identify, very carefree, I like that, I believe that is a humble and simple guy, sometimes gives me the impression about which the man has not found out about that he is in a successful band. Is strange, because he inspires me to doing many things, is like a hero for me, I imagine that he is a funny and nice man in spite of the vice of the cigar, I think that he is a man who gets bored with facility, that is great, not to remain static, to look for new things, is smart... ...enough! :D

Bono... Sexy, in many ways a great person to take as example, he cares (whatever that he defends) sincerely

Edge... I think that he is the most innocent, or I do not know how say it, of the band, and I like that of him, radiates certain tenderness, or something like that... oh! yes... he is smart

Larry... What can I say? Is undeniable that is handsome, in fact is the favorite of my mom, but knowing a bit about him (too serious) I believe that we are very opposite, but we owe him U2

Last edited:
Bono-For his voice,talent,charisma,passion and heart. I have adored him for years and that admiration only continues to grow.

Edge-Love that he is a great guitar player but doesnt flaunt it in your face with how he goes about it. To me he is such a sweetie.

Adam-Low key yet cool.

Larry-Like him but he kind of fades into the background for me when he isnt playing.

1. :edge: I've always been attracted to him, ever since seeing the "New Years Day" video on MTV in 1983. I've always had a thing for intellectual brunets, and that handsome bone structure is a plus (especially now that he has no hair left! :lol: ). In interviews, he seems so low-key, yet smart and witty. And he's got a very sweet voice and amazing musical talent.

2. :larry: I think he's more beautiful now than he was as a teenager. I usually find pretty boys rather bland, but he's got a bit of character in his face now and is aging superbly. He is a tough guy with a tender side, he takes no crap from anyone, yet he also has a keen, slightly bratty sense of humor. To say nothing of those muscles... :drool:

3. :bono: The heart and soul of the band, the genius behind so many wonderful songs. A kind, caring, loving, good Christian and human being, standing up for the downtrodden. Beautiful eyes, great nose and charming smile.

4. :adam: Has not aged well, unfortunately; 25+ years of heavy smoking and hard living are not kind to one's looks. :( But he is charming and clever in interviews, often coming up with interesting and astute observations. Not to mention a brilliant bass player. And that lovely long neck...mmm!

1. :bono: Bono is a beautiful soul - inside and out, he inspires me, is intelligent, has the voice of an angel, is very passionate and does what he believes, is creative, follows his heart, is sexy, very very funny and of course has lovely blue eyes. :heart:

2. :edge: Edge is intelligent, funny, a lovely geniunie guy, amazing on that guitar and a beautiful voice.

3. :larry: Larry makes me laugh with his blunt statements and his sense of humour. Very good looking!!!

4. :adam: Adam is great cos he seems so laid back, I find him very funny and loved his hair in the early days!

5. Paul is an excellent manager, who is very intelligent, really cares about the band and the guys, he's funny and I don't think U2 could have had a better manager!!!

Bono is my man, inside and out. I don't even really notice the others but I love the whole band! Edge is likeable, Larry is cute but too distant and standoffish.

I agree with a couple of others here that Adam has not aged well. I liked UF era Adam but since then he's looked so old to me, and he really doesn't have a distinct character like the others. I never noticed when they replaced him during ZOOTV and I don't think I'd notice if he were replaced by some dull, average guy with no hair, glasses and a frowny looking face like him. In fact, he changed so much between UF and JT I thought they had gotten rid of the good looking guy and changed bassists!

I rarely ever post here (I'm more of a lurker) but this thread was so appealing I couldn't help but voice my opinion.

1. Bono - I cannot do justice to the greatness that is Bono. He is the greatest singer to have ever existed in my opinion. I love him like no other. He is simply a wonderful person, an amazing human, and has single handedly changed the importance of music in the world. I can't express how much he and U2 have influenced me, so I won't even start.

2. Larry - Larry is so underrated and understated that I adore him. He's like U2's secret weapon - an amazing drummer, great person, etc. He's never the center of attention (but how can one be when with Bono and Edge) but has managed to not let celebrity get to him and still appears to be the most down to earth member of the band. I love him for that. While people think he's distant or not as humorous as the rest, I just hope one day that there will be a series of articles only on Larry so we can find out what he truly is like, because I think he's phenomenal.

3. Edge - Has the best chemistry with Bono, whom I think is #1. I think it's fantastic how well they both get along and support eachother. Edge also is also very funny and has a small shy smile about him, which appears to fill him with this unacknowledgeable youthful vitality. He's also an amazing guitarist.

4. Adam - He, along with Larry, is the most underrated of the band, but he's so insightful and wise. He also is incredibly funny and does his job well. You can tell that he can get things done simply by looking at him but can still remain laid back and calm in any given situation.

1. :bono: - He's my idol and my inspiration. I think he's the best singer and lyricist ever. He's charismatic, gutsy, compassionate, sweet, funny, intelligent, and just oozes sex appeal.

2. :edge: and :larry: - I can't choose between these two! Edge is so smart and talented, and he just seems like the sweetest guy. And Larry is so hot! And I admire anyone who can be so totally unaffected by being famous.

3. :adam: - I never paid all that much attention to him compared to the other guys, but sometimes he says something that makes me go "Yeah!!" - like that quote from Rattle and Hum about how some people think you shouldn't mix music and politics but he thinks that's "bull :censored: Go, Adam!

Bono's shades said:
1. :bono: - He's my idol and my inspiration. I think he's the best singer and lyricist ever. He's charismatic, gutsy, compassionate, sweet, funny, intelligent, and just oozes sex appeal.

2. :edge: and :larry: - I can't choose between these two! Edge is so smart and talented, and he just seems like the sweetest guy. And Larry is so hot! And I admire anyone who can be so totally unaffected by being famous.

3. :adam: - I never paid all that much attention to him compared to the other guys, but sometimes he says something that makes me go "Yeah!!" - like that quote from Rattle and Hum about how some people think you shouldn't mix music and politics but he thinks that's "bull :censored: Go, Adam!

Nicely said on everything. :yes: :up:.

Angela

:bono: Very admirable person. Dedicated to what he's doing, great lyricist and singer. I could easily have a conversation with him. As a Christian too, it's cool to see someone in that world (music/celebritydom) not be put off by the pressure you get from being one.

:adam: Well, I find it odd to fawn over guys my mum's age, BUT, him at 21 was pretty hot. *see October cover* Same with Bono, feel I could have a nice chat with him. Very down to earth, even lets you know when you're blocking a camera shot with your thumb ( someone at another message board met him recently and said he was really nice.) I could totally spend a quiet afternoon planting oak trees, or any type of gardening. Perhaps reading some quotes of him or about him, explains his high rating, (compared to most of the ratings so far).

q: Have you ever smashed up a guitar?
a: I'd find it hard to deliberately break an instrument I have some affinity to.

Q: Adam Clayton, what is more important, the sun or the moon?"
Adam: "The sun, because it brings life and a new day."

"I think women are the stronger sex. I don't think it's necessarily putting women on a pedestal, but I think it's acknowledging that women are stronger and you need their support and companionship to help you realise your potential as a man. That's an unusual theme in rock & roll. Rock & Roll is usually...(very macho) yeah" -Adam

"Some artists become dull when they stop drinking or drugging, but Adam's not one of them. He's his old self. He loses none of his rubber-band-shooting,water-gun-squirting, public-disrobing spirit when he doesn't drink." - Bono

TWO [Adam crosses it out and writes "One"] "TRUTHS" THAT AREN'T TRUE: You can't change the world...(propaganda)

:edge: Nothing against him, I just could not sit a Stephen Hawking lecture. Very smart, but also has a great sense of humour. Certainly one of the best guitarists of his generation.

:larry: He's kinda intimidates me, for lack of a better word. If I saw him, I'd probably just wave, and keep going on my way. Is that weird? He doesn't like to be bothered a lot, and well I'd respect that. Love his fun side, like messing with the limo tv, but definitely someone I admire from a far.

:bono: charismatic, sentimental, determined, flirtatious (in a good way), witty and funny, boyish, God gifted him w/ talent, devoted Father and husband, charming..I think he kissed the Blarney stone more than once :D

:edge: has so many of the qualities I admire in people, foremost humility. Intelligent, those eyes and that face just shout kindness to me, loyal friend, dry and sharp sense of humor, God gifted him w/ talent as well, shy. Someone I bet you can always depend on.

:larry: beautiful for sure. Self assured and hates BS..probably misunderstood because I'm sure those lucky enough to know him know what he's really like. But he chooses a certain path in the public eye and I think that's fantastic and I admire him for it :up: Fiercely devoted and protective Father :heart: Talented and completely dedicated to his role in U2

:adam: sexy and cool. private, shuns the limelight. From everything I've ever read and heard, VERY nice. I'd love to see his mansion, it must be gorgeous and quite interesting. Very talented as well.

Edge: How much space do I have? ;) I pretty much summed it up in the essay I wrote for Edge's birthday (http://forum.interference.com/t80427.html) but I can always go on. He's wicked smart, ridiculously witty, glamorous, suave, graceful, beautiful, talented, sexy, weird (in the best possible way) and totally one-of-a-kind. Like ARW said, even if Edge wasn't Edge he'd still turn my head, he's just this perfect combination of things that grab me.

Bono: He's just elemental. He's comfortable and exotic, warm and challenging. Bono makes me laugh, cry, think, create, swoon, stutter, makes my body hot, my head confused, my heart swell, my outrage ingnite. He's one in a quadrillion, truly exceptional but not threatening or haughty. Bono's just fabulous.

Adam: I admire him so much because he just is. He does his thing and doesn't seem to worry about what other people think, saying the right thing or being cool, and that makes him so much cooler. I also think he's become quite dashing lately, I very much dig the silver hair.

Larry: Hard-working, intense, loyal, honest. Like Adam, I think Larry just is. He doesn't seem to be putting on an act or care what anyone thinks of him, he just gets on with it, and that's pretty damn cool. And he has the best walk, just 100 percent confidence.

:adam: I think there is more to him than just the "rock and roll" image he has portrade in the past. He is deeper in thought, but keeps those sort of things to his self (and maybe his mates). A true friend, some one you can turn to in a crises, and just know he will be there. Great sense of humor. Great sense of style. Not affaid of being different. And I love the grey hair! I love older men!

:edge: His dry wit, strong family values/ties. (Note: He still thanks Aislinn in the liner notes, even after they split). He seems serious some times, but lets out the sillyness as well, more so now than in the earlier years. Great guitarest. And beautiful green eyes.

:bono: Ok, I don't know what to say, that hasn't already been said. But what I love most about him, is his dedication to what is importent to him, regardless of what the public thinks. Also his loving support to his wife, and family, teaching the children to get involved in helping others. Oh yeah, those sexy blue eyes!

:larry: Ok, I admit, I'm not into blonds that much, but Larry is an ok guy. I do wish he would smile more, as he has a great smile. I do like the way he protects his family from the media, and his dedication to his wife. (Yes I know his is not "officially" married, but hell, he's been with Anne longer than most "married" people I know.) I truely believe that they are married in spirt where it counts the most.

What I love most about these men. Thier dedication to each other, thier long friendship that has with stood time and religion. We should all be blessed to have such friends.

:bono: His beautiful eyes, luxurious hair, expressive face, glowing inner soul, heart, intelligence, magnetic personality and beauty too. Oh that voice when he sings, and his accent when he talks! All this is even better in a pair of tight pants.

:edge: something so cuddly about him, a cute personality and a great mind!

:larry: I admire his honesty, even when he's being kind of snarly. I agree with his dislike for bullshit.

:adam: Well, it wouldn't be U2 without him!

Last edited:
:bono: :edge: :adam: :larry: :heart: What can I say that hasn't been said, so I will say All thee above about them!! And, good 4 u 2 include Paul M. as he Is the 5 member of U2*! and, the fact that their friendship and devotion to each other is what we admire about them as well! But , alright, I have to say this, :love: I love Bono! But Also, Edge, Adam and Larry for they ARE all-U2!

I don't usually come on here and I don't usually post, but this thread was so inviting I had to because I had to chirp up and say a few words about my favorite person.

:bono: #1. I see that many of you agree, and that's probably one of the things I think is so great about him, how he brings people together rather than tears people apart. That's an amazing trait. I also agree that he's got the looks. He is totally my style of man. He is incredibly good-looking and beautiful and what's amazing is I don't think he even really tries or in a strange sort of a way that he even KNOWS he's so good-looking. If he does he pawns it off in a great show of humility. Yes, when it comes to Bono's lyrics and the feeling in his voice, he has no peer. Sometimes I am left astounded by what I just heard and exclaim to myself how talented and brilliant he is. But I do think his humanity is Bono's greatest quality, and his heart and soul which you have a very hard time resisting if you watch him long enough. You just can't help but like him, care for him, cheer for him, respect him and hope for the best for him. He is so darn lovable and cute, I just can't say enough.

:edge: #2. I didn't use to like Edge very much because I thought he was weird, like a satellite would rotate around his head like it was a planetoid or something. But, lately, I see why Bono and him would be such a pair. He seems to have a warm depth that I bet is nice in a friend.

:adam: #3. I've always liked Adam. Bono is dynamic and makes me feel things at highs and lows and even sparks me sometimes, Edge is very low-key, but Adam just seems forever like the nice guy, the one whom it would be easiest to talk to and just hang around. Of course, he could be downright rude and nasty...who knows?

:larry: #4. Least favorite. Sorry. I still haven't warmed up to him. I like his honesty, but I actually think he'd be the type who would hurt my feelings. Bono might, but I think Larry's sense of humor would not go over well with me. I think he's just a little too distant for my taste, and frankly I don't think he's that cute. Not warm and alive with beauty like Bono is.

:eeklaugh: Ah, heck! What's can I say?! I just really like Bono.:wave:

:larry: quiet, reserved, knows what he likes and doesnt, seems like a super nice guy if you really know him, seems a bit cynical and i like that in guys for some reason, and plus i love drums and hes vegetarian, and not to mention.....his looks :drool:
:bono: any guy who has a sincere humanitarian side and is determined to make a difference in the world rates high in my book. amazing voice, amazing writer, seems like a all around nice, funny, smart guy. im more drawn to his personal qualities that shine through his words and efforts on world issues than his looks. and believe me i do think he is a very beautiful person with a beutiful soul:cute:
:edge: quiet. nice. shy. funny. smart. talented. cute. edge seems very level headed and honest. to me he seems like the least 'rock star material' of the band and i like him for that. he seems totally at ease with the fact that bono gets all the attention and that is nice for a change. in other bands you can sense the resentment in the guitarists towards the singer.
:adam: the cool, bachelor type. seems to me like the friend that you dont really call when you have a problem but rather to hang out to get your mind off the problem. he is not my type, he doesn't have traits that would attract me to date anyone like that. he lacks commitment and the ability to compromise. :slant: just my opinion

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom