how Tanya got her nick name!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dreams out loud

The Fly
OK the date is May 13th 1997 the place is the lobby of the peabody hotel, Memphis Tn.
Me my mom and my Sister(Tanya) step off the elevator
Me: OMG Tanya there's Larry
Tanya:Where, where where!?!?
Mom: over there to your left sitting on the couch
Tanya: I don't se him *pouts*
Mom grasbbs Tanya by the hand and drags her to a display window, mom points into the window at Larry's reflection
Tanya: Hehehehe I see him now
Larry gets up to go to the bathroom
Mom: come on girls
Mom walks us over to the bar and orders 1 fuzzy navel we stand there for a few just making small talk Tanya is nervous as all get out I know mom had to tell her 5 times to stop playing with her hair ( one of Tanya's worst habbits and it drives mom CRAZY)
Larry come strutting out of the bathroom, still drying his hands
Mom: C'mon girls
Tanya has the dumbest grin on her face (Tanya if you thought my *Bono cheese* was bad you should have seen yourself!)We are walking towards Larry he is looking right at us.
Mom: Hi Mr. Mullen Can we have a minute of your time?
Me: *thinks to self* Mr. Mullen hahaha
About this time Tanya starts to flirt being the very blunt person that she is she was smiling and batting her long eye lashes
Larry: Sure
Mom : these are my Daughters Heather and Tanya.
Larry: *extends hand to me* Hi Heather
Me: Hello
Larry: *Extends hand to Tanya* Hi Tanya
Tanya: Hello, oohh you look even better in person
Larry: *blushes*
Me:*thinks to self* damn I know she didn't just say that!!! (if you know Tanya, then you know that she would never say anything like that especially to Larry Mullen Jnr.)
Mom: I am starting chemotherapy next week and I wanted to have one last "blow out with my girls"
Larry: aahh yeah that's right Adam told me about you, how are you feeling?
Mom: I am feeling pretty good tonight
Me: *thinks to self* awww he's not the jerk I had always heard he was.
Well we stand there talking to Larry for about 10 min the whole time Tanya never took here eyes opff him and Larry would look over at her and smile and lick his lips every now and then. I thought Tanya was going to die!!
we were about to say Goodbye when
Larry: is there anything you would like me to sign?
Mom: I don't have anything
Tanya: neither do I *pouts*
Me: I have something
I dig in my purse for the picture I had wanted Bono to autograph thinking the whole time "Gahh I must look so silly to him I carry a picture of the band around in my purse. I find the picture and hand it to Larry.
Larry: I looook tall in this picture
Tanya: well you look fine now!!
Me: *thinks to self * Damn she did it again!!!!
Larry: *Blushes even harder* Flashes Tanya that million dollar smile that I even find sexy *thanks*
Larry signs the picture and hands it to Tanya
Larry: *puts his hand on mom's shoulder* please take care of yourself
He kisses all 3 of us on the cheek and walk off. We head strait for the ladies room Tanya slides down the wall shaking all over from head to toe
Tanya: did Lasrry just kiss my cheek or did I imagine that?
Mom hands her the fuzzynavel and she killed it in 5 seconds.
Ok now we are all back in our hotel room
Mom: let me see the picture
None of us had thought to look at it til then
Tanya hands the picture to mom ( ok now keep in mind it's about 4 am by this time and we are all very drunk tired and just high on life)Mom looks at it for a minute and dies out laughing she is laughing so hard we can not understand her, when she gets control of her self she looks at tanya and says"So Tayna how did it feel meeting Larry"Tanya and I just looked at eachother with confused looks. Mom hands Tanya back the picture and I was standing right beside her and it said:
to TAYNA with love From Larry
So now you know the story behind Tanya's nick name.
I also want to add that I think that those have to be the four most kind hearted people I have ever met, they meet this woman who has a terminal illness who wants to giver her Daughters this one last memory and they all went way out of their way to make it very special for all 3 of us. I will always have a special place in my heart for them. Those 3 days are how I remember my mother(even though she is still here and we are counting the days , hours and minutes) the way she was then, and I will remember her like that for the rest of my life! They didn't have to do what they did, but they did and I love them all for it!

OMG that is a wonderful story!!! Thank you so much for sharing that with us.
*laughing*
*jaw dropping*
*tears*

What a cool story! I guess Larry got the name wrong 'cos your sis really made him feel embarrased!
biggrin.gif

is there any more to this whole thing? did i miss something, cause i'm really confuzed...please tell me before i give myself a heart attack!

*inhale exhale inhale exhale*

btw, that's the cutest story ever!

Let's make a quick list here:

Larry Mullen Jnr's that have touched Lilly: 0

Bonos that have touched Lilly: 0

Edges that have touched Lilly: Plenty. Talking in the non-person sort of way.
frown.gif

Adam Claytons that have touched Lilly: Do cardboard Adams count? O sigh...Adam got eaten....*pout*

OMC! I am so happy for you that you got to meet them! I'm sorry about the circumstances that enabled you to do so though. Surely everything will turn out just fine.

Oh my gosh, I'm so glad you posted this!!! They are so nice and I'm glad that you now have this great memory of the band and of your mom!!! Thanks for sharing this great story!! Almost made me cry!!!

Beautiful story. I wish I could meet Mr. Mullen.
wink.gif

And he could spell my name Tanya, Tanja, Tonia. TanEa, Tonja, Tonya, who cares, lol it's Larry.
wink.gif

Btw, my name is TANIA

wink.gif

------------------
I can't even say the bloody word Achhhhhtung Baby"--Larry

What a beautiful story,thank you for sharing this with us
smile.gif
Best to you and your family.

p.s. did you ever get to meet Bono?

------------------
Get your head out of the mud baby...

All our songs are about God or women, and we often get the two mixed up.--Bono

My strongest trait is curiosity, I'm just lifting stones, you know, opening doors. Looking out windows, around corners, up skirts...--Bono

Dreams. You forgot the part where I told him he was gorgeous. He also hugged us,and I got kissed onthe corner of my mouth.(OMG my heart rate just jumped to about a million miles a minute remebering) Tell mom I said hey and I love and miss her.

Back
Top Bottom