How soon after the concert does the band leave the arena?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Party Girl_75

War Child
I am going to the concert this coming Friday and I cannot hardly wait
smile.gif
...My sister and I are determined to see if we can get autographs or at least be able to see any on of the guys after the show...but I have no idea how long we should wait after the show and where to try and wait...So, can you lucky PLEBA ladies who have had the chance to get autographs shed some light here...I would really really really appreciate your tips and your experience..

THANK YOU!

The only time I've had any luck w/ that was the first and only time I ever tried-but it was @ their hotel, not the arena.

If you don't have GA's, try outside their hotel-in Atlanta, I assume they have a Hyatt or Four Seasons-those are two places they like to stay at. Of course, I have no idea if they're even staying in Atlanta.

Outside the arena, you'll either have to wait late-or they'll just leave quickly. It's all luck if they stop-and, of course, if there are too many people there. Wherever all the red-cab trucks are w/ all their stuff I assume is usually near where they leave from. Good luck
smile.gif

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
The only time I've had any luck w/ that was the first and only time I ever tried-but it was @ their hotel, not the arena.

If you don't have GA's, try outside their hotel-in Atlanta, I assume they have a Hyatt or Four Seasons-those are two places they like to stay at. Of course, I have no idea if they're even staying in Atlanta.

Outside the arena, you'll either have to wait late-or they'll just leave quickly. It's all luck if they stop-and, of course, if there are too many people there. Wherever all the red-cab trucks are w/ all their stuff I assume is usually near where they leave from. Good luck
smile.gif

I think they stayed at the Four Seasons last time they were in town, but I am not sure, they have stayed at the Ritz before...Great, this poses another question, how in the world do I find out what hotel they are staying in?

I will look for those red trucks...I know a great parking spot next to the unloading area behind the arena (kinda a hidden spot that not many people now of)...I think I will be parking there...
smile.gif

Unless you 'hear it through the grapevine' what hotel it is, all you can do is to go to the best possibilities and look for the crowd outside!

Or sometimes the newspaper will report it-but if people start bothering them too much, they will change hotels. Outside the hotel, go as early as possible-and their bodyguards and drivers are nice and will tell everyone if and when they will come out or sign, etc.

At least they did when I 'stalked' them
wink.gif
-well, it WAS my first and only time after many years of having the chance.

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
Unless you 'hear it through the grapevine' what hotel it is, all you can do is to go to the best possibilities and look for the crowd outside!

Or sometimes the newspaper will report it-but if people start bothering them too much, they will change hotels. Outside the hotel, go as early as possible-and their bodyguards and drivers are nice and will tell everyone if and when they will come out or sign, etc.

At least they did when I 'stalked' them
wink.gif
-well, it WAS my first and only time after many years of having the chance.

I do not know about trying to see them at their hotel with my luck I would be kicked off the premises or have the wrong hotel and look like a total ass...I am very tempted though to try it out but look at the Four Seasons, it looks like a fortress...

Ry42003.jpg

Well, I will just have to say a special prayer and keep my fingers crossed that I may have a chance or hell do something crazy and book a night at the hotel
smile.gif
...It will be a full moon that night, so maybe some good might come out of it...
smile.gif

I have no idea what will happen after the show your going to, but the LA/Anaheim shows they didnt come out till like 12:30, 1:00 am. And they dont always sign. They can be sneaky too. The black limos and town cars are obvious, but also be on the lookout for black SUVs.
wink.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

You may also want to try catching them at the airport if you know which one...

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

We must get together in Atlanta! I'm coming from Gainesville with GAs, and meeting crzy in line.
Okay...here's the scoop..they are notorious for cutting and running before the houselights are on, but they do stick around sometimes. I would say your best bet might be to catch them before soundcheck, as the crowd might be smaller. Also, the first time in Atlanta, someone I met in the heart met them afterwards, so there's hope. The loading area where they arrive and depart is under the Phillips, so you'll have to do some searching to find it. I plan on trying to meet them, so maybe we could do it together? What kind of seats do you have?

------------------
"Love is a verb..."

Originally posted by Angell:
We must get together in Atlanta! I'm coming from Gainesville with GAs, and meeting crzy in line.
Okay...here's the scoop..they are notorious for cutting and running before the houselights are on, but they do stick around sometimes. I would say your best bet might be to catch them before soundcheck, as the crowd might be smaller. Also, the first time in Atlanta, someone I met in the heart met them afterwards, so there's hope. The loading area where they arrive and depart is under the Phillips, so you'll have to do some searching to find it. I plan on trying to meet them, so maybe we could do it together? What kind of seats do you have?

I do not have GA's
mad.gif
...I have seats in the 200 section the side of the stage by Edge...I know exactly the area behind Philips that you are talking about...There is an underground parking area there, that I always use, because it is cheap and no-one ever uses it...Hmm, maybe there is hope...I have warned my sister that we will not be getting home until 2AM or until we can find the band afterwards...she laughed at me but told me that she was not going to argue because she would love to see Bono...My sister and i have to work on Friday, but i am going to try to get off early so I can make it to the arena early and beat the God awful Friday afternoon Atlanta traffic...yeah, maybe we can met or something to hunt our boys down...
wink.gif

I'll be there too. They did not stay at the Four Seasons last time. What is the best meeting place, arena before or after or hotel?

------------------
U2- The Unforgettable Fire still burns!

What I learned at the concerts I went to is that if they keep the houselights off for a while after Walk On they have left. Because as long as the houselights are off noone leaves the arena which gives them room to leave without noone on the outside. If they put on the houselight relatively quick they are still in the building and then it will take til 12.30-2am before they come out.

To meet them before the show, be at the entrance around 4, 4.30pm, that's usually when they arrive.

Good luck in meeting them and it seems like more fans then ever have met them during this tour.
smile.gif

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

Originally posted by Veranda:
I'll be there too. They did not stay at the Four Seasons last time. What is the best meeting place, arena before or after or hotel?

Where did they stay, did they stay at the Ritz? I could not remember which one, but for some reason I had the four seasons in my mind, my bad...
smile.gif
Of course I heard about where they stayed a few weeks after the concert...

If you show up between 4:00-4:30 do you hang around the main entrance where the fans enter the arena, or do you have to go somewhere where the band enters, such as the back enterance?

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress:
[B
If you show up between 4:00-4:30 do you hang around the main entrance where the fans enter the arena, or do you have to go somewhere where the band enters, such as the back enterance?

[/B]

Don't know if this was a question for me but I answer anyway.
smile.gif
Of course it is at the back enterance. They definatly NOT enter where the fans are.

Good luck!

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

Originally posted by MissZooropa:
Don't know if this was a question for me but I answer anyway.
smile.gif
Of course it is at the back enterance. They definatly NOT enter where the fans are.

Good luck!

Just checking...I did not think they would come up front, but you never know...Thanks for the info., I hope luck is on my side.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom