How obsessive are the PLEBA gals???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.Clayton

Refugee
My sister calls me P.O.(psycho obsessive) when it comes to the boys. I just had to print reviews of the first leg of the tour because they were taking up too much space on my email account...Now I've put them in plastic sheet protectors so I can save them for...whenever.
I take photographs that we all post here, and not only fill my hard drive, but I print them and tape them on my bedroom door.
Now I know this sounds like I'm in junior high, but I do limit the pictures just to my bedroom door, not all over the place.
I have books, books on hold, cd's, miscellaneous s***.
Am I the only one????
What's scary is that I didn't have any of this a year ago, I didn't really like the boys until december. :O
Please share your stories of collecting U2 stuff!
By the way, I don't think I'm obsessed, I think of myself as a hyper fan
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Not weird at all! Well.. it all depends I guess
smile.gif

When I first became a U2 fan, I would go to the public library and make photocopies of ALL U2-related articles, pictures, what have you. I would come back week after week - finally the desk clerk asked me if there was "something she could help me with" and I told her what I was assembling.. at which point she politely asked me to leave!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Since I've gotten older (24), I only collect magazines.. and no longer make photocopies.. I suppose with the photocopies, I was just trying to catch-up on the 12 years of the band I had missed. *snicker*

LOL @ PO. That's hilarious!

I used to try and keep my U2-ey side down... but it's kinda hard these days... since I dress like Edge, have Adam's purple shades, and one of my friends consistently calls me Bono because he thinks the purple shades are Bono's.

What else do I do?
- Wear Elevation concert tee-shirts on a regular basis.
wink.gif

- Freak out about any U2 appearances and sending out mass emails about them.
- Distribute the Calgary bootleg to all my friends.
- My desktop!
eek.gif

- Start a cover band.
biggrin.gif

- Rotate my the picture in my picture frame weekly of a different photo I took from the concert.
- U2 vinyl... good grief is it expensive!

Yeah... there's more...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

OH YEAH! BLUEY!
There's this wicked place that's selling leather pants super cheap!!
wink.gif

------------------
Hip Pontiff of Sparkyism

"There's no room for spiritual constitpation here!" - Ian Astbury, The Cult

SlipStream Soul

Mrs. C, you are a kindred soul. I've been a fan since the early 80s, but dropped out during the 90s (LIKE AN IDIOT) and only got re-acquainted with the boys in MAY of this year!
eek.gif
But I have to admit, I am pretty obsessed with U2:

Like, running out and buying all of the U2 CDs that are out there;
listening ONLY to U2 music for the past 6 months;
spending a TON of $$$ on-line buying U2 books, calendars, posters, music, etc.; even mere U2-related music like Gavin Friday/Jah Wobble, or music that I've read that the guys happen to *like*;
making new friends on all the U2 groups/lists who have also keep my U2 collection growing;
saving nearly every email from fellow U2 fans and friends so that my email boxes are filled to near overflowing;
downloading/saving/printing myriad documents, articles, clippings, stories, fan fiction, etc. about the guys, enough to fill a 3" 3-ring binder (I do the plastic sheet protector things too);
downloading every piece of music on U2 I can find, even went out and bought a CD burner *specifically* to burn U2 CDs; downloading so many music, video files and pictures that I've had to burn a bunch of CDs just to get them all off my hard drive, which continues to fill up (2 gig--who knew how quickly I could fill that up!?)...
And spending big bucks on getting to Vegas to SEE the guys....for the first time in 14 years!!!

biggrin.gif

So yeah...you could say I'm a little obsessed. *wink*

Disco

LOL!!!!

My newest trick is to torture my boyfriend when he doesn't get off his ass.. I threaten to put on R&H.. and he promptly gets up because he knows I'm serious, and have no qualms about watching that wonderful movie!

Only been a fan for about a year and can totally relate!
biggrin.gif

What I've done..
- Made a friend who doesn't like U2 travel to Ireland with me and camp out at Slane
- Refused to wash my hand for two days when Bono kissed it
- Spent well over ?2000 in the space of a year on Cds, Books, Concert Tix(b**** scalpers
frown.gif
) , flights, *rare* promo Cds etc. despite earning a total pittance
- Ran up an internet bill of ?200 on the web by downloading practically everything that has come out of Bono's mouth
- Grabbed a big U2 promo poster off a news stand when I was drunk and ran for it (woke up in the morning and was like where the hell did this come from!)
- Bored the c*** out of all of my friends!
biggrin.gif

You're not alone!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

You gals, are wonderful!! LMAO

• I have this big box full of U2 realted articles, pics, magazines they appeared in
  • Have big, huuuuuge Adam pics on me closet door inside and outside
  • a big Adam collage on my door
  • 6 framed pics (three of the ones I took of Bono, Edge & Larry and Adam, Drop the Debt Bono, PopTart Adam and the chef pic and a Zoo pic in one frame!
  • and of course the CD's and bootlegs I could put my hands on
    smile.gif

And yeah, I know I'm a P.O.!! My parents and friends remind me of that everyday!

And I'm going out tonight to see a U2 tribute band tonight, and gonna wear my Elevation tee shirt proudly!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Zooming in
Zooming out
Nothing I can't do without
A lens to see it all up close
Magnifying what no one knows
Never in company
Never alone
No car alarm
No cellular phone
- Adam Clayton / Passengers

***Sparky's Whore***

RSOC's Sparky Shrine

Me? Im not obsessively obsessed!!!!!

Bono just looks enough to be the ideal type for me for some rough 'throws-u-up-against-the-wall' sex, ya know?????

biggrin.gif

*maddie dreams on
wink.gif

naah, the man is cool, all I really would want is to shake his hand and sit down for a wee chat!

I used to have loads of posters but now only 3, as my room is mainly prints, NYC and naked models, etc................

hey Im into all that, but would give anything for two major prints!!! One being Bono as he is now....... rough, stock and bedtime hair!!!!!!!!

LOL!!! What a great thread.

I have been exceedingly, obsessively obsessed w. U2 for 14 years.

I have 2 drawers crammed with U2 books, magazines and articles.

I have a 15 page, 10pt font list of bootlegs and collectibles.

I have spent thousands upon thousands of dollars travelling around to see U2 live, 18 times so far.

I spend my LIFE on Pleba.

I write U2 smut, which takes up a huge amount of my time.

I dress up my husband like the Edge and make him wear a goatee.

I drive everyone crazy.

I think about U2 almost every waking second.

I have serious problems!!! But I just can't help it!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

I used to have a list of strange things I'd done relating to U2 that has long since been misplaced but I will try to remember some of them.

Dressed up as Bono in this hideously ugly wig and sang One when I was in middle school.

Every year I:

Make Bono a cake or cupcakes for his birthday and sing 'Happy Birthday' to him while roping in my friends and family to do the same.

Carve a U2 pumpkin. This will work well with the Providence show on Halloween.

In the future you bet that Bono will be receiving an invitation to my wedding
wink.gif
I'll be saving him a space until I get that reply card
wink.gif

Write stories using ONLY U2 song titles. And talk in lyrics (I am sure we all do that
smile.gif
).

Definitely send lame lettters that I am sure never reach them.

Every week I put a new U2 sign on my dorm door with quotes or current news about them. Oh and they are written on the U2 Elevation 2001 Tour letterheads I fashioned.

Not as if I used to dress my stuffed animal bunny I'd had since i was 2 up as Bono and Sleep with him
wink.gif
(his name was Bunno
wink.gif
).

That's all I can think of for now. I'll be back if I think of any more.

------------------
"And when it's raining,
raining hard, that's when the rain will break my heart."

Thought of a couple more. I wrote of my college application essays on U2 and how they influence me and keep me going (generic I know). I have also ended every single paper I've written since 9th grade with an approriate U2 quote.

------------------
"And when it's raining,
raining hard, that's when the rain will break my heart."

Ok, so I'm not quite as obsessive as the rest of you are, but I'm still pretty bad.

I've got posters all over my room, much to my roommate's dismay. (no, she likes U2, but not nearly as much as I do...)

I have over 400 pictures on my hard drive of U2 alone... and one of myself.

My screenname is U2 related, my email address is U2 related... thinking about changing the email addy to my AIM screenname though...

I'm currently writing a fanfic story about smoothcriminal Larry man...

I'm currently writing a fanfic story about Bono...

I made a teddy bear at Build a Bear workshop that looks like JT Bono... complete with guitar!

When one of my friends brings up U2, I could go for hours. I quote them constantly and talk incessantly about what they've done, the philisophical ideas behind it, etc. My friend Sean tells me that he'll be happy when I quote the Bible more than I quote U2... and people in my fellowship have approached my roomie and asked her if she thought I was too obsessed with U2. They even tried to get me to reconsider going to the Chicago show in May... but I told them to FOAD.
biggrin.gif

I constantly talk about different ways that God has used U2 to open my eyes to a lot of different issues, problems, spiritual doors... etc.

If I had it my way, I'd wallpaper my room with U2.
biggrin.gif

I started a website.

I'm a PLEBA girl. 'Nuff said.
biggrin.gif

My week last week consisted of 5 midterms, 4 rehersals and 2 concerts. And I ditched a midterm and a rehersal to go see U2 in Chicago last Monday... now I'm in debt and I don't even care.
biggrin.gif

If I didn't have my daily dose of U2, I think I'd go crazy.

There. That's my obsession. I'm sure there's more, but I can't think of it all right now...

------------------
"From an artist's point of view, failure is where you get your best material." -Bono

"Sunrises are God's hit singles. Do the big number first and then just get on with the rest of the show." -Bono.

My feeble attempt at a website:
U2's Heartland

awwwwwwww~~!!

*hugs all you gals*

Dontcha love kindred spirits?

Even my cat is sillie - if I knew how to post a picture - I could post a piccie of him
snugglin up to a U2 store display that I have.

------------------
Here's to the few who forgive what you do
and the fewer who don't even care
--Leonard Cohen

*claps hands*

MORE! MORE! C'mon girls, we're ALL a little crazy!!
biggrin.gif

So I'm printing out this list, and...you know, *putting in that 3-ring binder* just to prove to myself that I'm not really crazy...just mildly obsessed, hee hee...

Jess...so far I think you're winning.
wink.gif

Originally posted by mad1:
Me? Im not obsessively obsessed!!!!!

Bono just looks enough to be the ideal type for me for some rough 'throws-u-up-against-the-wall' sex, ya know?????

LMFAO! That just made me laugh! hehehe

------------------
But you take what you can get
'Cause it's all that you can find
Oh, you know there's something more
But tonight, tonight, tonight

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Oh you ladies ROCK
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I feel so much better now...Keep on sharing your stories, I need ideas
biggrin.gif

I had to buy another 10 pack of floppy discs this morning. (For more pics)
Hey, what essential U2 stuff should I have, that most slightly obsessed fans own?

Mrs. Edge, I wish I had a husband I could dress up! I'd have way too much fun though!

Obsessive?

Are you kidding... I think I'm insane!

I've got close to 11 000 pictures of them on my pc... tons of videos on my pc... some VHS I got from as for away as the UK... Wait hours in the cold to see Bono up close (some people think it's insane).

They are many reasons why I'm obsessed... the rest I rather not say
smile.gif

Juuuuuulllleeeeeeeee I'm gonna bring my Bono jammies on retreeeeeeeat....try not to touch me!

------------------
~*Mona*~the Shamrock n rolla!
block champ at Nintendo
queen of innuendo

DREAM OUT LOUD

I have pictures on about the size of a door maybe just under (I don't sound sad do I)
and quotes I like all over my walls (and the house) only on doors.Drove my family mad at first but they are starting to see the value in them and have started saying they are good quotes.

I camped outside Slane got the tickets and arranged transport and everything myself.

I'm 16 and have no job and in the last year have spent over ?700 on U2 stuff ranging from all there albums, back cataloging of singles (not got them all yet but getting there slowly but surely) , videos, vinyls, tapes, concert tickets, merchandise etc. My friends call me Bono, sad obsessive U2 fan etc. So what if I spent ?30 the other day on U2 stuff when I had a free period at college. They won't have to put up with my obsessive behavior for long because in a few months I move to Dublin
smile.gif

I have a pair of Fly shades and the ones Bono has in blue, red and black only they are in a goldy browny colour.
Oh and I regularly stay up until about 4am to record U2 when they are on TV.
I have written Achtung Baby in the Achtung Baby writing large and in perminant marker on my wall.
I also wrote "Bono u inspire me" in the toilets of a bar near the Temple Bar in Dublin.

Originally posted by U2morrow:

Make Bono a cake or cupcakes for his birthday and sing 'Happy Birthday' to him while roping in my friends and family to do the same.

In the future you bet that Bono will be receiving an invitation to my wedding
wink.gif
I'll be saving him a space until I get that reply card
wink.gif

Write stories using ONLY U2 song titles. And talk in lyrics (I am sure we all do that
smile.gif
).

Me too. My friends are impressed if I can go 5 mins without quoting U2 songs or any of the members or not talk about them or Dublin or Ireland in general.Usually doesn't happen though
smile.gif
lol

I wouldn't say I'm obsessed...but here's what I've done:
~Went to Tacoma show last tour, and then decided that I must go to Portland also.
~Dragged my ex-boyfriend(not a U2 fan) to Portland, missed a really important Chemistry lab the next day-which lowered my entire GPA
frown.gif
Do I care though? It was so worth it!
~Spent over $600 to see them in Boston
~Spending over $2000 to see 4 shows this leg
(Had to get a second job to pay for it!!!)
~I record Bono/U2 appearances on TV
wink.gif

~Posting on PLEBA
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

~Oops...I almost forgot: Last night I made a bedazzled Edge shirt with rhinestones in the shape of the heart suit case. I'm very proud of myself!

Thats about the most I can think of that could be considered extreme. I don't have every CD they've ever made, or every video, or every magazine...

And I don't even have one U2 picture on my wall. But it doesn't mean I think they're the BEST BAND IN THE WORLD!!! *in Bono's words*!
smile.gif

------------------
*Men should not be forced to wear pants if its not cold* ~Adam

*Larry's always been noticed cause he's the pretty one*

"Do you have a final message for the crowd today, something they can take home with them...as if this wasn't enough?"
Larry: "Something they can take home with them?...I'm not taking off my clothes."--MuchMusic tv show, May 2001

[This message has been edited by bluesky (edited 10-22-2001).]

Hmm...okay let me try:

I spent most of my graduation money on getting U2 cds

I ran up to innocent by-standers the day I went and saw U2 and told them I was seeing U2

I fell to the ground because I found a U2 poster I needed

On April 4th this past year, I asked the date, not realizing it was April 4th, and when someone said it was April 4th I belted out in "Pride" (along with my U2 loving civics teacher) and on MLK Day, I was asked by him to sing all of "Pride" for the class, cause he forgot the cd.

I did my very important English project on MLK, just knowing that I could get away with playing "Pride" (and then last day of class I found out my teacher dates or dated Bono's COUSIN!)

My friends and I were going to skip out on graduation because it may have been the night of the concert

I went to see them with my U2 loving teacher

When I have money, I spend it on U2 stuff

My computer is filled with U2 stuff

And my walls are covered with U2

I put on Edge type clothes (I have an Edge shirt right now) and run through the house screaming, "I'm THE EDGE!"

In some store, I was wearing my Elevation shirt, and ISHFWILF came on, and I was pointing to my shirt and singing loud and saying "I saw them in concert!"

uh...that's just some of the silly things I do
wink.gif

------------------
Dana

"AHH...this is civics in action!"
--Mr. Campbell and me at a U2 concert, 6/21/01

"I simulate love making by beating a piece of wood with a metal wire on which it vibrates."
-Adam, when asked, 'If a martian landed and was introduced to you and asked what you do, what would you say?'

If this is a contest, I think Bluey with her socks wins!!!!!

------------------
block champ at Nintendo
queen of innuendo

DREAM OUT LOUD

OMF This is a great thread!!!

I've been a U2 fan for over a year now.

My obsession started when I printed all the lyrics of their songs, and made an album. Then when I got my first U2 album (the best of), I spent hours memorizing all of the songs.

I almost everyday change mi PC wallpaper with U2 pics or Bono's *sigh*

I scream like a mad person when in TV I hear Bono or U2. Oh yeah: And also when a U2 song is being played at a radio station, or even worse:In the shopping mall or the movie theather.

I have embroided a little gray hat with the icon of the Elevation Song. (A man and a woman standing together and an arrow on top of their heads)

I play U2 like every hour, every day.
Also I play R&H video when I feel "Bonosick" -Like:ALways!
biggrin.gif
-

When me and my man are together, We always fight about the music we are gonna play. Of course I always win. He just melts when he listens to the JT CD.
smile.gif

I have a lot of photo frames with Bono's pic on them. This causes a lot of discussions with my lover, but what the heck...

I've converted to a PLEBA Addict!!!!!!!

------------------
I've got no hope in this world...
Just you...
and you are not mine...
Stateless

I've been obsessed for years.....so I have some really cheeky things,and some good stuff too,like the Time magazine from late eighties....
actually, now that I think about it,me and my best friend at the time made Bono a birthday cake one year ...LOL....maybe '88 or somewhere around there.
I think I have a pic of it .....if I put my hands on it I'll post it....
Oh and maybe a pic of my room from circa 88....complete U2 wallpaper!!!!

My God I've not thought about that in years!!! LOL

.....I think about Bono in velvet....

------------------
block champ at Nintendo
queen of innuendo

DREAM OUT LOUD

Back
Top Bottom