How many of you went to a concert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am guilty of going to 7 Elevation shows, and I really got criticized by my mom- yes even though I'm 40 years old! The first one was in the seats before I knew how cool GA was, then I had to get into the GA, then I scored tickets to DC (closest to me) then went to three more on the second leg. I've got the credit card bills to show for it, but I am so glad I went!

madonna's child said:
I haven't been to any. :( :( :( I should have been at Elevation Pittsburgh. But I didn't buy tickets in time.

femaleorgazmatron and ElegantlyWasted, are you Pittsburghers?

elegantly wasted considers herself a Pittsburgher i think. lol. i, however, am about an hour south of you in good ol knee-slappin West Virginy. :sexywink: too bad you missed the show! it was awesome! lol, that is what i could see of it over around everyone else's heads on the floor was awesome. *short short short*

much love ---------------- sarah

*edited because i'm hungry and brain refuses produce correct grammar*

Last edited:
Going to LoveTown cost me an arm and a leg but it was the best thing I have ever done!

My first 3 U2 concerts were a dream come true. :heart:

Oct 2, 1989
Oct 3, 1989 *had a photo pass this night, was too nervous so all pics SUCKED and I was frozen in one spot didn't move.*
Oct 4, 1989 *had awesome seats - gave Bono a rose and a note during NYD, he read the note, put the rose in his mouth, bowed to me then threw the rose back to me.* :love: :love:

Elevation - London, 22nd August 2001

Elevation - Slane, 1st Sept 2001

I almost didn't get to go to Slane because I had no money, the tickets were all sold out, and my parents weren't too keen on taking me across the Irish sea to see a band I would have just seen a few days earlier - "But you're already seeing them once, won't it just be the same thing?":rolleyes: But I persevered (ie nagged - the dripping tap method as my Dad calls it) and I got to go, and now I have almost paid my parents back - no kidding, it's taken this long, mainly due to lack of a job! It was worth every penny though! I love my parents :yes:

Everyone who went to Zoo TV and earlier... I'm so envious.
Ok, me. 4 Elevation shows:

(1st leg)
4/17 - San Diego
4/28 - Phoenix
(3rd leg)
11/19 - L.A.
11/23 - Phoenix (the besssssssst show :drool: I got Edge's pick!!!)

hm.. what else... Oh yeah. I want to stab myself in the leg every freaking day b/c I didn't go to any Popmart shows. I was too young, too stupid... I was a fan but never even considered going. :scream: :mad: Ah well. :|

Let's see, I've been to two shows Elevation shows (I had the hardest time typing Elevation just now :eyebrow: )

East Rutherford: 6/21/01
Tampa: 12/1/01

Bono's just a big flirt.

All it said was.

Bono, you and the boys are the best!

LOVE,
Carmella - (my city) Texas

( Because I had traveled such a loooooonnnng way to see the band.)

Later during the encore before they sang Love Rescue Me, Bono said he wanted to sing this song for people that care enough about you to travel long distances to see you.

I have recordings of all 3 of my Love Town concerts on cassette and you can hear me going bonkers when he gave that little speech. :love:

I have been to none and I don't wanna talk about it b/c I turn green and start kicking things.... :grumpy::angry::barf:

...but, I think my mom's friend has you all beat, she saw U2 here in Grand Rapids, Michigan at the Fountain Street Church (THE WEIRDEST place on earth, LOL) on Dec. 5, 1981. She doesn't even know that I know about this, but I made her a CD of that concert and slipped it in her mailbox at church on Sunday, a pleasant surprise for a fellow fan! I think she's also been to four other more recent shows besides that one. When I see her pass, I am :|

Here are the shows I've been to...

Popmart Chicago 6/27/97
Popmart Detroit 10/31/97
Elevation Detroit 5/30/01

:happy: Best three nights of my life, hands down!

AdamsMango said:
Has anyone here been to one from before JT??

Yep

War 1983 once LA Sports Arena
UF ? once LA Sports Arena
JT 1987 twice, once at the Sports Arena and once at the LA Coliseum
Elevation Six :ohmy: 2 Anaheim, 1 Phoenix, 1 SLC, 1 LA, 1 Vegas

The War show was when Bono jumped down onto the floor of the arena.
The UF show was great. We sat in really good side riser seats, right near an idiot local dj, so we knew our seats were good.
I stopped after the Coliseum show because U2 is a band that needs to be close to the audience, and they sure weren't in the Coliseum, so no more stadium shows for Martha.

Nope, I haven't been to any Elevation concerts because they didn't tour South America this time. Bad boys, bad boys! lol

But I've been to 2 Popmart shows. I guess that's something! :)

Last edited:
Re: Bono's just a big flirt.

EPandAmerica said:

Later during the encore before they sang Love Rescue Me, Bono said he wanted to sing this song for people that care enough about you to travel long distances to see you.

:drool:

omg that is .. SO great!

madonna's child said:
I haven't been to any. :( :( :( I should have been at Elevation Pittsburgh. But I didn't buy tickets in time.

femaleorgazmatron and ElegantlyWasted, are you Pittsburghers?

Well I'm a Pittsburgher..... femaleorgazmatron had to drive up from WV. :yes:

10/25/01- Elevation Tour- NYC
It was the best. Really uplifting and sentimental since it was a month after 9/11. I really have to commend the guys for not cancelling their tour and stopping here in NYC. It was a day I'll never forget.

One show wasn't enough for me though. Being a college student with no money sucks. :madspit:

Uggh, I envy you ladies. I've been to one U2 concert (so far), the second Elevation show in Toronto (the first night was sold out....very quickly). I would have LOVED to see U2 when they were just starting out, in 79/80, although in 79' I wasn't born yet LOL. I think they had a great sound when they were just starting out, they kind of reminded me of The Ramones and The Clash. I'm so jealous of some of you LOL, I bet the Joshua Tree tour and Zoo TV were AMAZING. Was anyone at the concert when Bono said U2 had "to dream it all up again". I'm sure some took that to mean U2 were splitting up, I would have been incredibly nervous, especially since Paul McG wasn't denying it. The concert I went to was AMAZING, the BEST concert I've ever seen, hands down. The BEST night of my life. Even PJ Harvey was great and I'm really not a fan of hers........Larry was just hot and even waved at us....ME...

I can't wait until U2 tours again, they put on an AMAZING concert

I went to two Elevation shows, both in Atlanta. They were exactly eight months apart: March 30, the fouth show on the tour, and November 30, the third-last date on the tour. So I got both pre-9/11 and post-9/11.

Back
Top Bottom