How good is Bono at Chess

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Infinity

Refugee
I know he plays chess. But does anybody have any stories or articles on Bono and Chess. I'm interested because I play chess too lol.

Thanks a lot guys.

Oh god this thread scared me. It's almost three AM and I opened EYKIW and read the thread title as "How good is Bono at Chass". My name is Chass (short for Chasity) :uhoh:

...this is a sign for me to go to bed. I'm freaked out now. I'll probably have a nightmare about Bono beating me at chess.

There was once a real funny article in VIZ (uk piss take adult comic) about bono and his chess. Stating how he was going for grand master having beat edge twice in a row, and how chess was like "two sides of a shoe box kinda thing"
Really was funny

chess.jpg

There are many references in various books about Bono and U2 to the fact that Bono "excelled" at chess as a youngster. Here's a quote from 1987 where Bono talks about his interest in chess:

"I never knew what I wanted to be. One day I'd wake up and want to be a chess player -- the best. I'd read a book on it, and at twelve I studied the grandmasters, and I was fascinated."

youtwohearts said:
The signiture is better although not as good as bondage bono. Which I just realized is on the other side of your post.

bonodage, my favorite. :shifty:

I know, right? Can he really sit still long enough to play chess?

I can't remember what book it was in, but there was something about how he USED to be REALLY good at chess, but he said it was something that if you don't use it you lose it, and he hasn't really played much, and so he said he's sure he's not that good anymore.

Bono Mot said:
Everytime I see that pic, I wonder what the rest of the graffiti behind him says :hmm:

And I bet he could sit still long enough to play chess if you let him talk :wink: Although you'd have to interrupt him a lot to remind him that he's playing chess and it might help if he'd you know, make a move :lol:

Well, I thought it said How good is Bono at Chest?

:lol:

Well, I gotta say he's The Best at that...:evil:

Chess? Well I heard he was very good, very very good...very good, Bono being very good....ack...I've had too much caffiene!

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Everytime I see that pic, I wonder what the rest of the graffiti behind him says :hmm:

And I bet he could sit still long enough to play chess if you let him talk :wink: Although you'd have to interrupt him a lot to remind him that he's playing chess and it might help if he'd you know, make a move :lol:

Oh No, there's *something*

He used to beat his father after his da taught him how to play chess :)

Back
Top Bottom