How does Bono Smell?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CMM said:

If you want to go on the cheap, Yankee Candle has something an experienced Bono stalker recommends. Midsummer's Night. Black candle. Absolutely heavenly.

I doubt if anyone knows more than this. Sorry.

so am i assuming correctly by that statement that midsummer's night is very similar to what bono smells like? you'd think he'd have a more man-ly scent.

I've never smelled midsummer's night, so I wouldn't know.

Why? Is it a flowery scent or something?

Ok--Saturday I went shopping--It was truly a U2 day--I heard Angels of Harlem on the radio at the shoe store, went to my favorite major dept store in the mall & heard Where the Streets Have no Name, then made my way to Yankee Candle and got the Midsummers Night candle (I dont think the girl at the counter had a clue-but I just smiled) back in my car and Walk On comes on the radio. Even if the candle doesn't smell like Bono--I have been pretending. It's on my desk right now. It is sort of very clean smelling like the ocean. Loves it. :drool:

Spoke too soon--had the candle out all day today & I have been coughing & sneezing--I think I am allergic. Had to put it away.:( :sad: What if I had my lifetime dream answered to meet Bono and had a coughing fit. :sad:

Lady Val said:

I classify myself as a "scent wh*re" because I love to smell good. Most women won't leave the house without their makeup, I won't leave the house unless I smell good.

Do you prefer floral, spicy, fruity? I have so many scents because what I wear depends on 1) time of year 2) time of day 3) the color I'm wearing and 4) the mood I'm in.

For spring & summer I recommend: Clinique Happy (citrus based), Angel (it's the only perfume that has chocolate in it), Escada Collection (it has a vanilla base to it, but Escada rotates their perfumes and this one is on it's way out).

For fall & winter: Dune (wore this before I found out Bono wore the men's version), Safari (another spicy scent).

Scents that I consider seasonless: Organza by Givency, Black by Kenneth Cole, and Michael by Michael Kors.

I really like Escada scents, they have quite a variety, but if you find one that you really like, stock up because like I said, they rotate their perfumes out.

Ok here's my imput.......... I like clean and long lasting scents.I dont like strong perfumes but mild if u know what I mean. Sometimes I buy perfume and I use half the bottle inorder to get a long lasting scent.Here r my fav choices:

1) Curve

2) Perry Ellis for women ..(the men smells good too)

3) White Diamonds by Elizabeth Taylor

4} J'adore by Christian Dior..

That's about it.............if u give me a chance i'd spend all my money on perfumes ,and jewells.

EveClayton said:

Ok here's my imput.......... I like clean and long lasting scents.I dont like strong perfumes but mild if u know what I mean. Sometimes I buy perfume and I use half the bottle inorder to get a long lasting scent.Here r my fav choices:

1) Curve

2) Perry Ellis for women ..(the men smells good too)

3) White Diamonds by Elizabeth Taylor

4} J'adore by Christian Dior..

That's about it.............if u give me a chance i'd spend all my money on perfumes ,and jewells.

This is where we learn about our body chemistry and how scents work on us. I've sampled some of the perfumes you love, EveClayton, and they smell horrible on me. But, I've smelled them on other people and thought they smelled wonderful!!

So... uh... how does Edge smell, or should I make a new thread on this question lol! Unless it's already been answered in this thread and I don't know:huh:

EDIT: HEY! Why didnt anybody answer her up there^^^^ !!!!! :mad:
lol jk lol. Oh please answer... somebody.. anybody:sad:

Last edited:
Okay, so I took the hubby with me this time and I think I/we decided on Clinique's Happy. I wanted something that he was attracted to also. It is alittle tame and not really sexy, but I really am not a flashy person. Plus, since I teach I have to be careful of scents that are too strong. Don't want to offend the little kiddies! Anyone with any input before I buy?

I picture Edge wearing something clean smelling and simple

I like Cool Water :drool:

Or maybe he just smells like soap... I admit I'd love to get close enough to smell him :wink:

Back
Top Bottom