how do you speak Bono-ese?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
I've heard a few people talk once about being able to speak Bono-ese...or the unique way that Bono speaks...what is it? How do you say certain things?

JCOSTER said:
uh...I understand what you mean and a sometimes...I use certain phrases.
would that be something like when Bono uses a phrase like
a "one off " I know others use this phrase but I relate it to Bono ?

I use Love and Peace alot, especially signing things.
Its a Beautiful Day.
Alot of the ones he uses towards Africa...I can't think of them right now I have Christmas brain drain. :huh:

...or the line about how money for africa is not charity, it's investment...yeah, i've used that more times then i can count :)

830334Bonodocedeleite.jpg

:shrug:

no one else can speak that languaje it´s forbbiden

agree :lol:

:confused: I thought Bonoese was basically what he did during the songwriting process. The band would come up with a melody or something and he'd kind of hum around and find the words to sing. :huh: And I thought it was Bongolese or something. I swear I remember reading about that on u2.com. Let me go get my magnifying glass and try to find it on the site.

They talk about in U2 by U2.
I think its Bono riffing, coming up with lyrics off the top of his head. Usually brilliant stuff. :wink:

Lemon Grrrrrl said:
:confused: I thought Bonoese was basically what he did during the songwriting process. The band would come up with a melody or something and he'd kind of hum around and find the words to sing. :huh: And I thought it was Bongolese or something. I swear I remember reading about that on u2.com. Let me go get my magnifying glass and try to find it on the site.

http://www.u2wanderer.org/other/faq.html

see #4

^ I kinda do that. Wasn't something I wanted to do, it just happene after watching hours and hours of U2 footage. :reject:

The best example of Bongolese is Elvis Presley and America.
Sounds pretty unless you try to understand the lyrics.

You know "S" "O" "N" "G", why
You're going go join to God
You know "S" "O" "N" "G", why
Give away some him no lie
Give away some my de day no....

Back
Top Bottom