how do YOU say it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ForEVER I looked at it as PL *EH* BA.

It's almost impossible for me to say it the other way :crack:

weest point freeshman cadeets?

redhotswami said:
I thought PLEE-BAH, with a long e sound, like west point freshmen cadets or something :shrug:
:der: Sorry, I'm not making the connection between the long E and the cadets. :reject:

PLEE-BA! :up:

There was someone here a few months ago who kept spelling the acronymn PLEABA. I thought that was kinda funny. I read it plee-ah-bah in my mind.

Pleeeeeebah.

A short 'e' sound would require two consonants following it (would be acceptable for PLEBBA).

:nerd:

Yeah that's what I thought. But Elvis pronounces it PLEEEBA so I guess he's right.

Re: Re: weest point freeshman cadeets?

redhotswami said:

Ah my bad, I forgot to add that they are called "plebes" pronounced "pleebz"
Okay, I getcha. :wink:

I've always said pleeeeba (long e sound), but only in my head, because when I think about it, I don't believe I have ever said the word out loud. :ohmy:

bonocomet said:
I've always said pleeeeba (long e sound), but only in my head, because when I think about it, I don't believe I have ever said the word out loud. :ohmy:

I smell a guilty pleasure here :shh:

I say PLEBA just like it sounds with the E like when you say beyoncÉ (not like when you say mE) (that´s the best way I can describe it since I don´t know what you mean with loooong or short E :shrug: ):reject:

Back
Top Bottom