How did you meet them???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
starsgoblue said:
I'm just worried because I'm so shy I might mess up my chance...I can just see myself getting shoved aside by some nutball.... I'd never want to rush at them, I'd rather have them acknowledge and choose to meet me--if that makes any sense.

Total sense, that's why on my first opportunity when everyone rushed to the car, I didn't. What was the point? I am with you on that one.

youtwohearts said:
I forgot about this thread. Uggghhh is all I can say. Now I need a smile with it's fingers crossed.

hey everyone--i posted on the first page before finding this thread :reject:

all i can say, is, I hear ya! The band aren't going to find you, so you definitely have to actively seek them out, it seems. At the same time, I can't tolerate the idea of invading their space...so I'd never interrupt them if they were in a conversation, meeting, or at dinner. It sounds like going to the hotel isn't as gross as it initially seemed to me (now I just need to find out where they are staying in San Diego and Chicago!). I bought "Boy" in 1981--first album I'd ever bought--and really feel like I've grown up with the band. The profession I'm was even influenced by them! So, I need a picture with Bono. MUST make it happen this year!!!!

After two JT concerts, two Zoo Tours, one Popmart and one elevation, I finally met Edge on the post 9/11 leg of Elevation in Denver at the Pepsi Center. We just hung out at the back of the venue where all the tour buses were parked. There were only about 20 or so folks waiting, as it was cold and snowy/rainy. Up drove an entourage of black limos...they pulled into the back of the Pepsi Center and about 10 minutes later out walks Edge, straight over to us. He shook everyone's hand and talked to everyone. I got a handshake and picture with him. He was very kind and gracious to all. When he had talked to everyone he said "You all better go inside now. You may catch cold!" Awww...

The first time I saw them during the Elevation tour was in Phoenix. We walked to the back of the arena...I think it was the America West arena,which I don't think exists anymore...and Bono had just been out back talking to the fans. One woman showed us her pics with him on her digital camera.

So...you can be sure that I'll be out back of the Pepsi Center in April.

The band has not been Dublin or Ireland the times I've been there. My hubby even knocked on the HQ door, some guy came and answered and said the band was not there.

Good luck...

stonecircle said:
After two JT concerts, two Zoo Tours, one Popmart and one elevation, I finally met Edge on the post 9/11 leg of Elevation in Denver at the Pepsi Center. We just hung out at the back of the venue where all the tour buses were parked. There were only about 20 or so folks waiting, as it was cold and snowy/rainy. Up drove an entourage of black limos...they pulled into the back of the Pepsi Center and about 10 minutes later out walks Edge, straight over to us. He shook everyone's hand and talked to everyone. I got a handshake and picture with him. He was very kind and gracious to all. When he had talked to everyone he said "You all better go inside now. You may catch cold!" Awww...

The first time I saw them during the Elevation tour was in Phoenix. We walked to the back of the arena...I think it was the America West arena,which I don't think exists anymore...and Bono had just been out back talking to the fans. One woman showed us her pics with him on her digital camera.

So...you can be sure that I'll be out back of the Pepsi Center in April.

The band has not been Dublin or Ireland the times I've been there. My hubby even knocked on the HQ door, some guy came and answered and said the band was not there.

Good luck...

What an awesome Edge story--such a sweetie :heart: thanks for sharing :)

I am really hoping I get to meet U2 in Chicago or Boston... I agree with Stars...I don't want to rush the car or whatever or have some nutjob toss me aside. :sigh: I hope I get to meet them at least once since I've never seen them in concert before.

U2Girl1978 said:
I am really hoping I get to meet U2 in Chicago or Boston... I agree with Stars...I don't want to rush the car or whatever or have some nutjob toss me aside. :sigh: I hope I get to meet them at least once since I've never seen them in concert before.

yep, hard to balance the quest for some small amount of personal dignity and respect for The Boys with REALLY wanting to meet them! if there were 100 screaming fans I can't imagine pushing myself to the front and waving something stupid in front of them to sign :no: i'm not shy at all--just wouldn't want to be part of that. let's hope for the best :)

I'm in the same boat with most here-I am really hoping to meet them this tour! The only show I'm going to this leg is the Dublin one on the 25, and I can't imagine that having so little time in Ireland between shows I would have any chance of them being at HQ, would they possibly be there? And aren't they switching stuidos or something like that?

good luck to everyone!

starsgoblue said:
Just thinking bout trying to maturely finagle my life mission is giving me hives right now....:laugh:...

I'm embarrassed to admit this, but thoughts of getting to meet the band is what keeps me on the exercise bike long after I normally would stop. :reject:

miss becky said:

I'm embarrassed to admit this, but thoughts of getting to meet the band is what keeps me on the exercise bike long after I normally would stop. :reject:

MissBecky :lol: i'll tell you what's really funny--I'm a runner (a chubby runner, I might add) and I watch DVDs of U2 when I'm on the treadmill (aka "dreadmill") all the time. They highly motivate me :) And of course, I need to be able to scrabble up on stage like a monkey when I get the nod!!!

*thinking i'll be doing my calisthenics in the GA line*

Mullen-Girl said:
I've met them a few times.

Once in Austin Elevation show...before the show I got to meet all except Adam.

When I was living in Dublin I met them a few times. You can see our pictures and stuff at
http://limelight.pcdome.hu/dublin/

:)

OMG I just read your story--how fantastic!!! I can't BELIEVE how generous they were with their time, and you got to talk about so much stuff...AND HE KNEW WHAT PLEBA WAS!!!!

that is just awesome. I'm so happy for you!!

ruffian said:

OMG I just read your story--how fantastic!!! I can't BELIEVE how generous they were with their time, and you got to talk about so much stuff...AND HE KNEW WHAT PLEBA WAS!!!!

Yeah, I noticed that, too... It's hard to tell from the description, but was he genuinely kind of... freaked out? "Scary girls"? Yikes. That's not good.

miss becky said:

:shocked: Holy Stage Jumpers!!! I thought I was the only one!!
Welcome to the fold, my Sister - you on your exercise bike and me on my elliptical machine from Hell!! :D

The boys better be ready for me this fall....I'll not only be rabid to meet them & get on stage, but I'll be damn fit enough to beat down anyone who dares to get in my way! :evil: :laugh:

BluRmGrl said:

:shocked: Holy Stage Jumpers!!! I thought I was the only one!!
Welcome to the fold, my Sister - you on your exercise bike and me on my elliptical machine from Hell!! :D

The boys better be ready for me this fall....I'll not only be rabid to meet them & get on stage, but I'll be damn fit enough to beat down anyone who dares to get in my way! :evil: :laugh:

:hug: Me too! I already warned my mom that she probably won't recognize me during the show. :D

miss becky said:

:hug: Me too! I already warned my mom that she probably won't recognize me during the show. :D
:lmao: you girls are soooo funny! I ran a 1/2 marathon in January and listened to U2 the WHOLE time. During the last mile I kept replaying "Streets" and "Elevation" and I swear, it got me across the finish line. Those of us who are *determined* to get on stage should be together in the GA, and when the lucky girl gets picked we'll form a "hoist and shove" crew--we'll be a model of efficiency, a well-oiled machine. In the meantime, I'll practice by climbing onto my kitchen countertops :lmao:

So, what shows are everyone going to attend on this first leg?

ruffian said:

MissBecky :lol: i'll tell you what's really funny--I'm a runner (a chubby runner, I might add) and I watch DVDs of U2 when I'm on the treadmill (aka "dreadmill") all the time. They highly motivate me :) And of course, I need to be able to scrabble up on stage like a monkey when I get the nod!!!

*thinking i'll be doing my calisthenics in the GA line*

:lmao: That's kinda like the whole dangling the carrot in front of the mule thing....

Not to say you're a mule...you know what I mean...:wink:

And yeah, I've gone on a diet/excercise plan because of this crazy dream of meeting 'em. :reject:

ruffian said:

I've got seats for the Chicago 5/9 show, GA for the 5/10 show and GA for the Philly show on the 14th. :wink:

So I'm thinking I've got one good chance of meeting them behind the arena and two chances to get a foothold on the stage...the security men better look out for this lunatic! :wink:

starsgoblue said:

I've got seats for the Chicago 5/9 show, GA for the 5/10 show and GA for the Philly show on the 14th. :wink:

So I'm thinking I've got one good chance of meeting them behind the arena and two chances to get a foothold on the stage...the security men better look out for this lunatic! :wink:

I'll be at 5/7 and 5/9 (GA) for sure!!! Here's my concern about going to 5/10 (assuming I can find a ticket that doesn't cost a zillion dollars)...after the concert on 5/9, some people say that those in the GA line simply get *right* back in line--at like, midnight. OMG. I can't handle that idea! After screaming and hopping up and down, sitting back on the sidewalk for another 20 hours? :no:

So, I'm not sure what I'm gong to do--maybe just get in the GA line early in the morning and hope I'm not in the back of the floor...how about you?

starsgoblue said:
Only a few fanatics do that whole thing, Ruffian...I wouldn't be too concerned....I'm not getting in line right after the show on the 9th that's for sure! I'll be there about 5 AM :wink:

i just talked to a friend who lives in Chicago and sees lots of shows...he said the United Center does not allow camping anymore, so maybe we won't have to worry about it! I don't want to get in the oval, so I probably won't get in line till 10 or 11...

ruffian said:
In the meantime, I'll practice by climbing onto my kitchen countertops :lmao:

Am going to MSG. Up in the 301 section. Must practice my long jump!

Hello everyone!

Well U2 will be coming to Vancouver for rehearsals and I really want to try to meet them when they're here! Anyone know how it works with rehearsal meetings?

Val said:

Am going to MSG. Up in the 301 section. Must practice my long jump!

:lmao: imagining Val pole vaulting from section 301 onto the stage :wink:

youtwohearts,

you can probably change the title of this thread, as we met Bono and Adam in November!!!

miss becky said:

:lol: My husband can't understand my new found love for working out at 5:30 am and again in the evening. If I can't be light weight for the concert..then I'm determined to be agile!!

sweetie said:

:lol: My husband can't understand my new found love for working out at 5:30 am and again in the evening. If I can't be light weight for the concert..then I'm determined to be agile!!
:lol: there's lots to be said for agility and flexibility :evil:

Back
Top Bottom