How did you get a Pic with Bono?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedRocksU2

Blue Crack Addict
...for those that have been lucky enough to get a picture with the man....I need some advise on what to do to achieve this.
i'll be attending LA, Nov 2nd and LV Nov 4th.

Thanks guys!

(BTW...is you want to post your pic here, go for it!)

Mine was luck and timing. Not much else I can really say since I got my pic with him on one of their days off so it was a miracle he showed up when I was there. :wink:

I waited outside the NBC studios where they did SNL. I refused to not get close to him because it was my birthday in a couple of days. My friend asked him to take a picture and Ali (who was also in the car) said "take the picture with her" which he did then I said "NO, it is my birthday I want a picture too and he took it. It came out bad but I know it is him and me and that is all that counts. His head touched my head while we waited patiently for my friend (one4u2) to come out of her daze and actually take the picture. The moment felt like minutes but in reality it was probably seconds. :sigh:

originalpic1.jpg

I don't think that there's a formula or easy answer to your question, Redrocks.

My best advice is simply to be yourself around Bono. If there is one person who can see through phoniness, it's Bono.

And phoniness is something he's never been too partial to.

If you meet him, be polite and respectable and please don't get too exicted because sometimes that can "scare" him off.

Thank him for everything that he has brought into your life as sincerely and succiently as possible.

And Bono, in return, will find a way for you to remember your moment with him for the rest of your life.

Good luck - and share your Bono moment with us if you're able to get one. :wink:

youtwohearts said:
I waited outside the NBC studios where they did SNL. I refused to not get close to him because it was my birthday in a couple of days. My friend asked him to take a picture and Ali (who was also in the car) said "take the picture with her" which he did then I said "NO, it is my birthday I want a picture too and he took it. It came out bad but I know it is him and me and that is all that counts. His head touched my head while we waited patiently for my friend (one4u2) to come out of her daze and actually take the picture. The moment felt like minutes but in reality it was probably seconds. :sigh:

originalpic1.jpg

Awwwww. :)

That's an adorable pic of you guys. :) :)

One great bday present, I'd say!! :wink: :drool:

Jamila said:
I don't think that there's a formula or easy answer to your question, Redrocks.

My best advice is simply to be yourself around Bono. If there is one person who can see through phoniness, it's Bono.

And phoniness is something he's never been too partial to.

If you meet him, be polite and respectable and please don't get too exicted because sometimes that can "scare" him off.

Thank him for everything that he has brought into your life as sincerely and succiently as possible.

And Bono, in return, will find a way for you to remember your moment with him for the rest of your life.

Good luck - and share your Bono moment with us if you're able to get one. :wink:

Have you met Bono before?

It´s all about patience, my friend. And having A LOT of time on your hands... :lol:

As I didn´t get my pic while they were on tour I can´t give you a proper piece of advise on that, but I´m definately keeping my fingers crossed for you! :D

Last edited:
I have Bono several times over the twenty five years that I have followed U2 - otherwise I wouldn't have answered the question.:wink:

I also have spent numerous occasions in the crowd when I have not stepped forward to actually speak to Bono and thus have years of experience watching him react with "fans".

In short, Bono loves to talk to "fans" of his music and/or his humanitarian activities, but is less keen to spend much time with fanatics - if you get my drift.

My experiences around B. :bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

to be honest, i think i might've got a little too excitied. but as much as he can see through phoniness i think he can also see through over-excitment. i think he relised i was a real fan who simply adored him and his music. and i told him this. he spent a good few minutes listening, nodding, huggingand kissing me LOL. trying to calm me down probably.

but my advice would be, don't get too excited, try and be cool (i know, its hard, especially when BONO is in front of you). but, just be cool and respect that he's just a normal guy.

i'm gonna post my pic, because i'm STILL on a high!!! hehe.
meandbono.jpg

Patience and planning....See above post by youtwohearts....I have a photo as well which was posted only once and that was enough because it was the worst photo I've ever taken in my existance...You see right up my nose :angry:

yeah patience and planning are two really important things i guess

and i agree, try to keep calm when meeting him, i wish i hadn't been as excited as i was, i think i might have been a bit to "fanatic" but it's not like he ran away or anything like that, even though john kept looking at me a bit suspicious :huh:

BONO_ICH_LONDON.jpg

Mine was luck and timing too. I had gone to the arena to see if maybe I could buy a better seat :reject:, got tired of waiting in line for that, and on the way back, I saw a line of people behind some cones. I noticed that the line was at the exit gate that I heard Bono left out of after the previous concert. So I walked over and waited.

It happened really quick, "Hi, can you sign my shirt? Okay, thanks! :hyper:." I wish I'd have had time to say more, but it was kind of crazy with so many people around. So it's not really talking with him, but still, he touched my shirt :hyper: :nerd: :lol:.

e845f322.jpg

Last edited:
i almost didn't get my pic, because i was too busy filming, i almost forgot to stand beside him for a pic. my friend had to call me, i suddenly woke up, put away the videocamera and grabbed my chance....

I agree that you should not get too excited when you meet Bono as he does seem to get a bit over whelmed! - hard to believe I know!! :)

I met him with my sister and friends in London this year and I just froze on the spot - I managed to say hi but that was about it!! He even tried to engage in a conversation about my photo and I just stared at him!!!!!!!! He was amazing though and posed for photos etc!!!

Good luck in meeting him :) He is well worth the wait

Lisa

lisa2004 said:
I agree that you should not get too excited when you meet Bono as he does seem to get a bit over whelmed! - hard to believe I know!! :)

I met him with my sister and friends in London this year and I just froze on the spot - I managed to say hi but that was about it!! He even tried to engage in a conversation about my photo and I just stared at him!!!!!!!! He was amazing though and posed for photos etc!!!

Good luck in meeting him :) He is well worth the wait

Lisa

LOL. I know exacty what you mean! My friend Aidan even had to punish and say: Talk to the man, for God´s sake!

:laugh:

Niamh_Saoirse said:

LOL. I know exacty what you mean! My friend Aidan even had to punish and say: Talk to the man, for God´s sake!

:laugh:

LOL :) - I was doing ok till he spoke to me!!! That accent - man is it sexy!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to meet him again - I had this whole speech about how much U2 mean to me and that I had seen the band live for the first time just 2 days ago etc planned and it all went from my mind the moment I looked into those eyes!!!!!!

Lisa

the story about my meeting is archived somewhere in this thread. his car happened to stop right in front of me, and we got to talk while he put on his shoes. i asked for a picture, his bodyguard said no pictures, but then he came out of the car and said he wanted a picture with me. he was easy to talk to and very sweet. I don't think there is any particular strategy for getting a picture--just right place/right time.

meandbono.bmp

After reading these stories - and Jamila I loved your words about how to be successful in meeting Bono - I truly believe I would not be able to handle it! So if I can make it to Philly in October I'm just going to stand off somewhere and watch others have fun, and hope I don't faint if I see them at all!

I'll be in Atlanta, so I'll see you there! :wave:

They didn't stop in Philadelphia last time--they were staying at their homes in NYC and got to the venue really late. :down:

irishdove - thanks for your sweet words.

You never know - YOU may be the one person in Philly that Bono stops for - like ruffian was at one of her concerts and as I was at one of mine.

Bono senses sincerity - and gravitates towards it.

You are very sincere. :wink:

it will be a week before my BDAY when I see them in NYC. I pray I get a chance to speak to him this time. I have never been back EAST and I am going by myself. I will try to wait out in the freezin gcold to meet him again like I did the first time. :):drool:

mysticchild said:
it will be a week before my BDAY when I see them in NYC. I pray I get a chance to speak to him this time. I have never been back EAST and I am going by myself. I will try to wait out in the freezin gcold to meet him again like I did the first time. :):drool:

I noticed on your picture, that you had the Joshua Tree tour book with you, did he sign it?
:rockon:

Back
Top Bottom