How did you get a Pic with Bono? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > PLEBA Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-31-2005, 09:11 AM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:12 PM
How did you get a Pic with Bono?

...for those that have been lucky enough to get a picture with the man....I need some advise on what to do to achieve this.
i'll be attending LA, Nov 2nd and LV Nov 4th.

Thanks guys!

(BTW...is you want to post your pic here, go for it!)

Old 08-31-2005, 09:36 AM   #2
I Serve Larry's Stick

Local Time: 12:12 AM
Mine was luck and timing. Not much else I can really say since I got my pic with him on one of their days off so it was a miracle he showed up when I was there.

Old 08-31-2005, 09:54 AM   #3
New Yorker

Local Time: 05:12 AM
I waited outside the NBC studios where they did SNL. I refused to not get close to him because it was my birthday in a couple of days. My friend asked him to take a picture and Ali (who was also in the car) said "take the picture with her" which he did then I said "NO, it is my birthday I want a picture too and he took it. It came out bad but I know it is him and me and that is all that counts. His head touched my head while we waited patiently for my friend (one4u2) to come out of her daze and actually take the picture. The moment felt like minutes but in reality it was probably seconds.

Old 08-31-2005, 03:22 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:12 PM
I don't think that there's a formula or easy answer to your question, Redrocks.

My best advice is simply to be yourself around Bono. If there is one person who can see through phoniness, it's Bono.

And phoniness is something he's never been too partial to.

If you meet him, be polite and respectable and please don't get too exicted because sometimes that can "scare" him off.

Thank him for everything that he has brought into your life as sincerely and succiently as possible.

And Bono, in return, will find a way for you to remember your moment with him for the rest of your life.

Good luck - and share your Bono moment with us if you're able to get one.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:11 PM   #5
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by youtwohearts
I waited outside the NBC studios where they did SNL. I refused to not get close to him because it was my birthday in a couple of days. My friend asked him to take a picture and Ali (who was also in the car) said "take the picture with her" which he did then I said "NO, it is my birthday I want a picture too and he took it. It came out bad but I know it is him and me and that is all that counts. His head touched my head while we waited patiently for my friend (one4u2) to come out of her daze and actually take the picture. The moment felt like minutes but in reality it was probably seconds.

Awwwww.

That's an adorable pic of you guys.

One great bday present, I'd say!!
Old 08-31-2005, 09:12 PM   #6
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamila
I don't think that there's a formula or easy answer to your question, Redrocks.

My best advice is simply to be yourself around Bono. If there is one person who can see through phoniness, it's Bono.

And phoniness is something he's never been too partial to.

If you meet him, be polite and respectable and please don't get too exicted because sometimes that can "scare" him off.

Thank him for everything that he has brought into your life as sincerely and succiently as possible.

And Bono, in return, will find a way for you to remember your moment with him for the rest of your life.

Good luck - and share your Bono moment with us if you're able to get one.
Have you met Bono before?
Old 08-31-2005, 10:32 PM   #7
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:12 PM
Yes she has. Find a Chicago thread or do a search...
Old 09-01-2005, 01:19 AM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 02:12 AM
It´s all about patience, my friend. And having A LOT of time on your hands...

As I didn´t get my pic while they were on tour I can´t give you a proper piece of advise on that, but I´m definately keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Old 09-01-2005, 02:06 AM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I have Bono several times over the twenty five years that I have followed U2 - otherwise I wouldn't have answered the question.

I also have spent numerous occasions in the crowd when I have not stepped forward to actually speak to Bono and thus have years of experience watching him react with "fans".

In short, Bono loves to talk to "fans" of his music and/or his humanitarian activities, but is less keen to spend much time with fanatics - if you get my drift.

My experiences around B.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:33 AM   #10
Babyface

to be honest, i think i might've got a little too excitied. but as much as he can see through phoniness i think he can also see through over-excitment. i think he relised i was a real fan who simply adored him and his music. and i told him this. he spent a good few minutes listening, nodding, huggingand kissing me LOL. trying to calm me down probably.

but my advice would be, don't get too excited, try and be cool (i know, its hard, especially when BONO is in front of you). but, just be cool and respect that he's just a normal guy.

i'm gonna post my pic, because i'm STILL on a high!!! hehe.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:02 AM   #11
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:12 AM
Patience and planning....See above post by youtwohearts....I have a photo as well which was posted only once and that was enough because it was the worst photo I've ever taken in my existance...You see right up my nose
Old 09-01-2005, 11:14 AM   #12
Acrobat

Local Time: 07:12 AM
yeah patience and planning are two really important things i guess

and i agree, try to keep calm when meeting him, i wish i hadn't been as excited as i was, i think i might have been a bit to "fanatic" but it's not like he ran away or anything like that, even though john kept looking at me a bit suspicious

Old 09-01-2005, 12:07 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

These are my favourite photos ever!

(Except for my big fat face! lol)

Old 09-01-2005, 01:35 PM   #14
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 01:12 AM
Mine was luck and timing too. I had gone to the arena to see if maybe I could buy a better seat , got tired of waiting in line for that, and on the way back, I saw a line of people behind some cones. I noticed that the line was at the exit gate that I heard Bono left out of after the previous concert. So I walked over and waited.

It happened really quick, "Hi, can you sign my shirt? Okay, thanks! ." I wish I'd have had time to say more, but it was kind of crazy with so many people around. So it's not really talking with him, but still, he touched my shirt .

Old 09-01-2005, 01:38 PM   #15
The Fly

i almost didn't get my pic, because i was too busy filming, i almost forgot to stand beside him for a pic. my friend had to call me, i suddenly woke up, put away the videocamera and grabbed my chance....
Old 09-02-2005, 04:39 AM   #16
Acrobat

Local Time: 06:12 AM
I agree that you should not get too excited when you meet Bono as he does seem to get a bit over whelmed! - hard to believe I know!!

I met him with my sister and friends in London this year and I just froze on the spot - I managed to say hi but that was about it!! He even tried to engage in a conversation about my photo and I just stared at him!!!!!!!! He was amazing though and posed for photos etc!!!

Good luck in meeting him He is well worth the wait

Lisa
Old 09-02-2005, 05:30 AM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by lisa2004
I agree that you should not get too excited when you meet Bono as he does seem to get a bit over whelmed! - hard to believe I know!!

I met him with my sister and friends in London this year and I just froze on the spot - I managed to say hi but that was about it!! He even tried to engage in a conversation about my photo and I just stared at him!!!!!!!! He was amazing though and posed for photos etc!!!

Good luck in meeting him He is well worth the wait

Lisa
LOL. I know exacty what you mean! My friend Aidan even had to punish and say: Talk to the man, for God´s sake!

Old 09-02-2005, 06:05 AM   #18
Acrobat

Local Time: 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Niamh_Saoirse

LOL. I know exacty what you mean! My friend Aidan even had to punish and say: Talk to the man, for God´s sake!

LOL - I was doing ok till he spoke to me!!! That accent - man is it sexy!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to meet him again - I had this whole speech about how much U2 mean to me and that I had seen the band live for the first time just 2 days ago etc planned and it all went from my mind the moment I looked into those eyes!!!!!!

Lisa
Old 09-02-2005, 01:32 PM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

Awww you guys have such great stories and pics of meeting Bono. Someday Im going to get close enough to him and use the advice posted,lol.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:27 PM   #20
The Fly

I want to meet all of them...