Hmm, when Bono quoted this during PoP.....*maddie hides*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
Do u think..............if any of u ever knew about Bono sayin that hed like to tell 'old/older rock stars to get their f-ing hair cut'....................do u really think he meant it? Or do u think Bono was being extrememly rebellious back then and mighta just come out with it through 'anger or annoyance' at it or them......

Reason I ask is because Im interested in todays 'calmer musical Bono', Im keen to know would he still say it today.....or would he feel hes contradicting himself because hes now gotten older and the hairs grown longer..............(now now, no fighting over this hair thing, this is NOT what this thread is about, its only based on that quote! please try not to misread Maddie here!)

Its just that I feel once pple say something, they either mean it but would NOT try and trip themselves up by falling into their own trap, ya know being their own victims........

or maybe Bono just said it and has forgotten about it or it doesnt bother him the same

Im just curious....I guess I was looking now and thinking, while Bono looks so fucking GREAT now, and he did in PoP to me too, would he have realised he be gettin older growin the hair again?

:D

this is NOT a cruel thang Im startin, hopefully someone will get my gist...:)

Hey Maddie,

I think that when Bono told them to get his hair cut he was telling them not to just literally cut their hair, but to not sit back and ride out their success, to not keep repeating themselves with the same sound and the same image, and to dare to take chances. I think he was making a statement that just becuase you are an "older" band you don't have to look all grateful dead-ish, yknow? that's the long I picture, not the length his own hair is at.

it's sorta like what spanisheyes mentioned in eykiw- about him sayin' how they're the best r&r group in the world...just to sort of challenge other musicians. or like how he said "we shall continue to f' up the mainstream" :sexywink: thats our Bono though and so long as he has some irish in him that firey antagonistic attutide will come across.. and damn if that doesn't make his eyes sparkle all sexy!!

mad1 said:
< is really really stupid - Bono would agree!!!!!!!

:yes:

tanx Mona!!!!! :up:

why stupid??? Asking questions are the only way anyone can start figuring this stuff out!! It's actually a great question to figure out Bono's motives, Mad, shows you think about this stuff rather than just accepting it

... and I think he SHOULD cut his hair short again :sexywink: so I bet if u remind him we could trick him up and get him to the barbers... :eeklaugh:

That's ok!! It felt good for a second to imagine my post count at like 10,638,298 which is where it would be if I was really Mona :tongue:

(((((((Maddie))))))

:cool::cool:

As far as the symbolic meaning of that statement, I don't know. I think he was in an anti-rock period at the time, in the interview someone just bumped, he was dissing progressive rock, (maybe that's why Eno didn't produce Pop, he's a big progressive guy) saying they had cut their hair so it couldn't be a rock album since hair is a symbol of rock and roll, etc. But I think he realizes now that rock is better than what he was doing then, and that he looks a whole hell of a lot better with longer hair! I think Ali thinks so too! I think all rock stars do. Bono's hair is short right now, it's only to his shirt collar for goodness sakes, and he looks fantastic.The way his face looks now, he'd look terrible with it chopped off to his head, *tries to rid brain of horrendous thought* Oh I hate to think of Mick Jagger, David Bowie, Paul McCartney or Robert Plant with shaved off hair! *shudders* Maddie, no matter what you say, you have to realize, if hair is brought up, there WILL be a hair fight. Some of you girls just plain don't like hair, but I wish you'd just leave Bono's hair alone. None of the other guys in the band have any hair, and Bono's is fine just the way it is. It's not long and he is beautiful.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom