Hmm...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lardencelover

The Fly
Just curious, but...

Who's your favorite band member and why?

I'll start:

Larry. Because of many reasons, the most obvious being his above-average looks. I like his no nonsense personality, his intense loyalty toward his friends/family/band/convictions. His incredible talent and his lack of ego about it.

His accent, his lips, his honesty, his tendency to wear sexy clothes... I could go on. :heart: :larry:

Okay, next!

can i tell you why all of them make up my faovuirte band in the world?

the music.

pleba-favourite: edge. see edge thread for further details :mac:

I love them all but my fave band member is Bono. He is my hero. He has a huge ego but his heart is even bigger, a beautiful person inside and outside :sexywink:

lardencelover said:
Just curious, but...

Who's your favorite band member and why?

I'll start:

Larry. Because of many reasons, the most obvious being his above-average looks. I like his no nonsense personality, his intense loyalty toward his friends/family/band/convictions. His incredible talent and his lack of ego about it.

His accent, his lips, his honesty, his tendency to wear sexy clothes... I could go on. :heart: :larry:

Okay, next!

Yeah, you just about summed it up. I also like that he's so private and enigmatic... makes me want to know more about him. He's a beautiful man. :cute:

:hmm: I've thought about this a lot, and I really don't think I have a favorite member. I tend to concentrate most of my attention on Bono and Larry, but...I think I love them all equally, but in different ways. U2 just wouldn't be U2 without the four of them.

Bono
I don't think I realy got to say much.He is one hell of a person with a enormous heart and he likes to kick some asses :mac:
edge
He is the best guitarplayer ever and defintely an example for me
and he looks cool and hot at the same time what more do you want????

wertsie said:
:hmm: I've thought about this a lot, and I really don't think I have a favorite member. I tend to concentrate most of my attention on Bono and Larry, but...I think I love them all equally, but in different ways. U2 just wouldn't be U2 without the four of them.

My feelings exactly Wersie. :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

wertsie said:

I agree. I tend to pay more attention to Bono because he just grabs it. But I really love all of them.

Bono. That charisma, the fact that he's an awesome songwriter, his voice, his intelligence (I'm always impressed when he sits there talking about all this stuff with debt and AIDS and all that-he really does his homework), his humble nature, his kindness, and how caring and giving he is-he doesn't have to spend time helping people in Africa, he doesn't have to give his money and start organizations to get the whole situation fixed, he doesn't have to go meet with politicians and other various people to get them to help...but he does. He does this stuff because he truly cares, he truly wants to do something. He's sincere. And I like that. I respect and admire him greatly for all that.

I do like the rest of the guys, too, though-all the guys in the band have their special qualities that I admire and like about them.

Angela

Do i even need to say who my favorite is?

ROCK!! ON! EDGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

see! thats what my screenname is! get it? of course you get it

:edge: = :dance: :faint: :combust: :drool: :cute: :laugh: :eeklaugh:

All at the same time.

Its like extreme multitasking, being an edger.

Edge.........is the greatest guitarist of all time.....funny, but shy, cute, talented, can dance, nice, has excellent taste in headgear and clothing, smart, has a beautiful voice (see "in a little while" on the elevation DVD if you have yet to be convinced). He once learned the secret of the universe. He loves his family and kids. He has cool sparkly pants and white pants too from popmart (uhm, we like those pants! :wink: ) And he is the only person i've ever seen that makes facial hair look good.

Gee that was quite rambly. But i love Larry (in fact i've turned one of my good friends into a FOAD...watch out fj and erised!) , and Adam (what w/ the sarongs. :censored: hilarious) and BONO!! Who is amazing. They all are!

Phew.

Bono:

Because he has a huge heart :heart: and love for life and it's people. Also because he's playful, and never loses touch of that inner child. The way he writes is not only prolific but captivating and poetic. And he's only human, and perhaps he makes mistakes sometimes, or gets a little too carried away AND often times neglects himself a bit too much. But he more than makes up for that with his generousity and personality. :yes:

Bonofied U said:
Bono:

Because he has a huge heart :heart: and love for life and it's people. Also because he's playful, and never loses touch of that inner child. The way he writes is not only prolific but captivating and poetic. And he's only human, and perhaps he makes mistakes sometimes, or gets a little too carried away AND often times neglects himself a bit too much. But he more than makes up for that with his generousity and personality. :yes:

:yes:. Exactly.

"because he's playful, and never loses touch of that inner child"

This part makes me think of that article that came out last December from when he did that heartland tour, and he was playing with the hydraulic seat at the Davenport high school and saying "Mmhm. Pertaters" and giggling like crazy. I smile every time I think of that part, because that's just so cute to imagine him doing that.

He acts like a big kid a lot-which is wonderful. Gotta be a plus when he's playing with his kids at home, I'm sure.

Angela

IWasBored said:
can i tell you why all of them make up my faovuirte band in the world?

the music.

pleba-favourite: edge. see edge thread for further details :mac:

crap IWB sometimes I think you raid my brain before you post. I agree with everything you said :yes:

I really do love all the guys equally, but larry is the only one I really like in THAT way. They're all great guys with a lot of great qualities.

Moonlit_Angel said:

"because he's playful, and never loses touch of that inner child"

This part makes me think of that article that came out last December from when he did that heartland tour, and he was playing with the hydraulic seat at the Davenport high school and saying "Mmhm. Pertaters" and giggling like crazy. I smile every time I think of that part, because that's just so cute to imagine him doing that.

He acts like a big kid a lot-which is wonderful. Gotta be a plus when he's playing with his kids at home, I'm sure.

Hi Angela :wave:

Yeah, exactly! LOLOL! On one hand it's easy to imagine him doing that. On the other it's scary to imagine him doing that. But it is cute.

I agree that he does act like a big kid - and that is so great. Cause some just get up in the star trip, but he just wants to have fun. But having a kid like nature can also get you into a lot of trouble, like Bono has done sometimes :shame: But we love him still, right? ;)

:up: :up: I'll take Paul for the long haul. :up: :up:

I've said it before, but I just cant get "Eno-ugh" of Brian Eno too. :up:

ILuvLarryMullen said:

ummmmm.....usually when we talk about the 5th member around here we're talking about Adam's willie :laugh:

hmmm... what if I told you I wasn't talking about Paul... couldn't we all go for some Adam's Apple Pie... it's on me!

:drool:

Bonofied U said:
Hi Angela :wave:

Hello. :wave:s back. :).

Bonofied U said:
Yeah, exactly! LOLOL! On one hand it's easy to imagine him doing that. On the other it's scary to imagine him doing that. But it is cute.

Yep. :D.

Bonofied U said:
I agree that he does act like a big kid - and that is so great. Cause some just get up in the star trip, but he just wants to have fun.

Exactly. He knows when to be serious and when to have fun.

Originally posted by Bonofied U
But having a kid like nature can also get you into a lot of trouble, like Bono has done sometimes :shame: But we love him still, right? ;)

LOL, yeah, sometimes that presents a problem.

But you're right, we still love him anyway.

Besides, anything he's done that's got him into trouble is nothing compared to what kinds of trouble other musicians can get into, so we have that to be happy about as well. :D.

Angela

Bono,Edge, Larrry and Adam love:heart: Adam, Larry, Edge, and Bono. That alone makes them all so sexy. :sexywink: The music they give us reflects this. :happy: But when I listen to Bono on HMTMKMKM, something else happens. :combust: :combust:

Last edited:
Moonlit_Angel said:

Exactly. He knows when to be serious and when to have fun.

Yep! :D

LOL, yeah, sometimes that presents a problem.

But you're right, we still love him anyway.

Besides, anything he's done that's got him into trouble is nothing compared to what kinds of trouble other musicians can get into, so we have that to be happy about as well. :D.

That is so true! Not only does he take love seriously, but he also takes his career seriously, while still being his playful self. Many musicians I feel loose themselves w/ fame. Bono always stays close to his roots, and that's a rare thing, IMO. :bono: :love:

I love them all, but I am definitely more drawn to Bono and Edge. Bono's got the front man action going on, and come on, just look at him. And he's progressive and very poetic and could charm a nun into bed.
Edge is just cool beyond words. And he's cute. Awwww, it's Edge!

Bono. I like that he is such a complex person. He is like a big kid sometimes. But he can be dead serious when speaking about issues like third world debt. He loves partying...but he also loves spending time with his family. And he writes really great, interesting songs and sings them in such an honest, heartfelt kinda way. Except when he's being one of his alter-egos, or making fun of himself! Bono's just so cool.

Back
Top Bottom