history of macphisto

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

opaltranquility

Acrobat
Hello everyone. I need your help (it seems i only come here lately when i need help haha)

I'm working on a new site/project about macphisto. *top secret at the moment* I need some help. I need the history of macphisto. when he was created, why/how....how you'd describe macphisto (maybe how bono described macphisto)...any kind of info like that.

please help me. you'll get credit once the site is done.

thanks girlies!

That sounds like fun. Do you have a copy of U2@TEOTW when it describes his creation? If not I'm sure somebody can post it. I loaned my copy to someone and I don't have it right now. I know, I have to quit loaning stuff to people who don't bring it back, like my photoshop disc.

There is also a good leather day thread of him here if you need pics!

I have a great description in my propaganda book, Bono describing how Macphisto came to be. Its sooooooo funny too the way he describes it. Something like he was going to be Mr. Gold or something then thought of the makeup and horns....didn't tell anyone, next thing the stage people knew Bono came on stage horns and all, everyone was in shock......there was a clap of thunder and lightning that lit him up when he took the stage.....I guess he looked soooooooooo creepy......I'll get it for you in the next few days.

Sue DeNym said:
I'd also suggest reading C. S. Lewis' The Screwtape Letters. Bono has cited that as inspiration for MacPhisto.

I just bought this book tonight! :up:
Looking forward to reading it. :heart::macdevil::heart:

i have the book, got it for xmas during the height of the macphisto society, but haven't read it. i dont even know where it is right now. it must be at my parents house. i'll read it soon.

MacPhisto is a close name to Mephisto, a character used by the German poet Goethe in his drama Faust. Mephisto is the devil and tries to lead a good soul astray - the man is Faust - because of a bet with God, but he fails.

I think I read somewhere that Bono used this name because of this character.

Back
Top Bottom