Hey you! VOTE NOW for the Autumn-themed PLEBA contest!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erised

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Ok, the voting is officially open for the Autumn-themed PLEBA contest!! :dance:

For those of you who remember the Christmas in November contest last year, the voting will work in much the same way (why ruin a good thing, right?) I've created a web page where all the photos are posted and numbered. So click on the link below to view the photos and to get instructions on how to vote for your THREE favorite photos!

Autumn PLEBA Contest Voting!

Voting will last only one week... and all voting ends at 10 p.m. (EST) on Thursday, Oct. 23!

Thanks again to all who entered the contest! I'm happy to announce that no one will walk away from this contest empty handed. The three U2 DVDs will be given away to the photos voted the top three. The remaining entrants will all receive an audio boot -- "U2 Chicago '85" :happy:

So thanks again everyone for doing such a wonderful job on the photos! :applaud:

Good luck to everyone!

GO AND START VOTING RIGHT NOW!!!! :hyper:

:D

Ok, I'm sending you a PM right now with my picks. It was SO hard to choose just 3! :huh:

Before it's too late- can you make the voting by poll? It would be easier and more people would vote?

U2Kitten said:
Before it's too late- can you make the voting by poll? It would be easier and more people would vote?

:scratch: Um, I thought about doing a poll, but didn't for a few reasons. One, there's 41 entries which is kinda a lot for a poll. Two, I didn't really want the voting results known while the option to vote is still open (can you do polls where the results stay hidden? :shrug: ) I didn't want someone to see a particular pic in the lead and then give another more votes so it wouldn't win, or see a particular pic with very few votes and then skew their voting for the pic with the least amount of votes, do you know what I mean? (It's kinda hard to explain in a post like this). But this way, absolutely no one but myself knows the current ranking of the pics. I think it's a more fair vote that way when the people voting don't know the current standing of what they're voting for ( Did that sentence make any sense? :huh: )

I do want to encourage everyone to keep voting though!! It's really important!!! The race is vewy, vewy close! I won't reveal rankings, but there's currently a tie for one of the positions, and all of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place positions are very close... a few votes here or there could really change the current standings!

So PLEASE VOTE NOW PEOPLE!!!!! :hyper:

Voting ends this Thursday at 10 p.m. (EST)

:wave: The voting is moving into its final hours!

This is your last chance to vote!

Voting ends tomorrow (Thursday Oct. 23) at 10 p.m. Eastern standard time!

I will try my hardest to announce the DVD winners tomorrow evening. :yes:

Yay! I want to say thank you again to EVERYONE who participated... whether you took the time to "photoshop" a pic or write down your vote, YOU all are the reason for making this such a great contest! :yes:

Ok, so are we ready for some winners? :hyper:

Oh, first let me say how the 3 DVDs will be given away. As most of you know, there are 3 different DVDs up for grabs--two of them were posted here with tracklistings and stills:
http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82058

The third DVD is winner's choice, meaning whichever winner gets this DVD can choose what footage goes on their DVD. They can choose stuff from my collection of VHS footage (http://erised.home.att.net) I just want to mention that since this contest started, I've purchased a DVD burner, which means I now am able to copy the Syracuse JT (10/9/87) concert I have on DVD for a winner, if they choose this option, so just keep that in mind. Stills from the JT Concert DVD can be viewed here:
http://erised.home.att.net/syracusedvd100987.html

The first place winner will get first crack at which DVD he/she would like. So when I announce the first place winner, I will need that winner to PM me or email me at sgdc@hotmail.com and let me know which DVD you want.

After the first place winner has chosen which DVD he/she wants, the second place winner will need to contact me to select their DVD. And then the third place winner will get the remaining DVD.

Of course, remember that everyone who entered this contest gets a U2 audio boot, so if your entry is not one of the top three I still need you to PM or email me with your real name, your Intereference name and your mailing address so that I can mail you a CD.

Ok, I think we need to announce some winners!!! :happy:

And the first place winner is...

Since voting is officially over, I will reveal that the first place photo was always out in front... it's clear that this photo is truly a favorite among the voting PLEBAns. This photo got the most votes with 12 votes total.

The first place winner in the Autumn-Themed PLEBA Contest is:
bonolarry_costumes.jpg

Number 15, by Queen Bee!!

:applaud: Congratulations!

Please contact me and let me know which DVD you want!

Now, unfortunately, I cannot announce the second and third place winners at this time because we have a tie. There are two pics in second place with 7 votes each. So first thing tomorrow morning, I will email those two photos to a friend of mine, who is a U2 fan yet doesn't visit this web site and therefore knows no one entered in this contest nor what PLEBA even is! :lol: I will have this person break the tie, which will determine the second and third place rank.

^ Ok, I must admit I made a small boo-boo last night :reject: I forgot about one of my own rules for the contest... the one about each person being able to only win one prize. :der:

One of the pics that was tied for second place was actually created by Queen Bee, and since one of her entries already took first place, I'm pulling that other pic out of the running, which means our second place winner in the contest is...
swu2.jpg

Number 41, by Mr_LeMon!

:applaud: Congratulations!!

I'll try to announce the third place winner later this evening. I left my little note pad with the vote totals at home, but I do know there were at least two photos, possibly three, next in line with 6 votes each. So it's definitely a tie situation again. :yes: So stay tuned for one more winner! :hyper:

Woha! Thanx very much to all of you! And Congrats to Queen Bee! :D And to erised to this GREAT competition! PLEBA GIRLS ROCK! And Bono knows that too! :D

Mr_LeMon said:
Woha! Thanx very much to all of you! And Congrats to Queen Bee! :D And to erised to this GREAT competition! PLEBA GIRLS ROCK! And Bono knows that too! :D

Hey Mr_LeMon! :wave: Queen Bee has chosen DVD #1 as her prize, so please let me know which DVD you would like... DVD #2 or the customized DVD.

I'm also happy to announce our third place winner! There were two photos which each had 6 votes. However, once again, one of those photos was created by Queen Bee, which means the other photo is automatically our third prize winner, and that photo is:
edgescarcrow.jpg

Number 2, by Jam Jar!

Congratulations! :applaud:

Thanks again to everyone for entering in and voting for the contest!

All the remaining entrants, please contact me so that I may send you your U2 audio boot.

Mr_LeMon, I need to know which DVD you would like :wave: Queen Bee picked the first DVD... so that leaves you a choice of the second DVD or a customized DVD (or the Syracuse '87 concert DVD). Please e-mail me at sgdc@hotmail with your choice as well as your mailing address. Thank you.

my dear, I dropped you a thank u mail were I also wrote ya I need the second DVD! :D Thanx again! You're GORGEOUS!

erised said:
I'm also happy to announce our third place winner! There were two photos which each had 6 votes. However, once again, one of those photos was created by Queen Bee, which means the other photo is automatically our third prize winner, and that photo is:
edgescarcrow.jpg

Number 2, by Jam Jar!

Congratulations! :applaud:

Thanks again to everyone for entering in and voting for the contest!

All the remaining entrants, please contact me so that I may send you your U2 audio boot.
whoaaa! awesome! thanks for voting for me, y'all! :) and congratulations to Mr Lemon and Queen Bee! :wave:

Alrighty, I need the following people to e-mail me at sgdc@hotmail.com (please put U2 in the subject line) with your mailing address so that I can send you the U2 audio boot you get for participating in this contest:

SoBe

MrsSpringsteen

Squishy Peanut

irelandwhispers

Back
Top Bottom