Hey, Who lost track of Bono?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do we really need to know where Bono is at every moment of his life?

Easter is a very important time for Christians... he's probably taking some time with his family and with God.

I love that U2 can sometimes seemingly disappear to where no one seems to know where they are, where they've been seen, etc. It's got to be so frustrating for them and their families not to be able to just slip away somewhere for private vacations, etc. without being recognized by fans. I am sure they are all fine and well. :wink:

last unicorn said:
OK, so we have all kind of different information about Bono's whereabouts: Maledives, Kenya, possibly Eze, in the end we don't know, it's all just rumours, but it's good that way because it's private time, most likely spend with his family since his kids have Easter break, I just hope they are having a good time and can enjoy spending time together as a family.

As for the Mandela concert, I'm not so sure. U2's name is always tossed around for events like these. Let's wait and see.

I think it is just rumor too with U2 appearing there, but they are showing Bono's picture on the website....makes you wonder if at least HE will be there.

http://uat.admin.ln-trust.com/46664concert/home/

Everlastinglove said:
Why not.... I just can't afford holidays in Maldive!!!! :huh: :sad:

is that like the Maldives Islands!

but I'll be HAPPY :love: :hyper: :happy: :happy: :happy: when I can afford to go to the Bahamas and sit by those CLEAR, aqua blue/green waters!!!

Got a taste in San Juan PR......Turquoise/Teal but NOT clear because Atlantic Wave stirs up sand too much. ANd beige sands.....for best color with CLEAR tropical waters is the very light beige into white sands!

BAHAMAS here I come!

with OR withOUT B!
:lol:

He's probably in the studio where he belongs. I dont need a 'Bono fix' I need a new album. Its been long enough.

JC, I hope you're better now. :hug:

No real news, or sightings, just the rumor that the band is supposed to be back at HQ recording. Lanois has said in a very recent interview that he's heading back to Dublin to join them. He says, Bono is singing like a bird. :whistle:

My niece is in Kenya right now visiting with her family on a safari type tour. She just wrote on her Facebook page that she saw Bono about 19 hours ago, there in Kenya. I just wrote her to get more information. Of course, if she writes more and has pictures i'll post more info.

wow, lucky girl.

here's a picture of her in Kenya she just posted on her facebook page:

n501209441_431659_4779.jpg

Last edited:
JCOSTER said:
^Very pretty niece and background too!

thankyou! i just got an answer back from her but all she wrote was that she wasn't able to get a picture of him because he was surrounded by so many people.

i wanted to know better where and howshe saw him, since she was in kenya. she just got back home from her trip.

Ok, she just wrote me back. She saw him after her flight from Nairobi to London, at the Nairobi airport in the BA lounge and then again at Heathrow airport in London (my niece is attending the university there) again at the baggage claim. She said she didn't see him in the plane because he was in first class.

So he's back in London from some trip to Africa i guess. The rumours that he was in Kenya then were correct?

Now, hopefully he's heading for a recording studio. :)

Last edited:
That's an awesome pic! We had a group going to Kenya recently and it got canceled last minute (literally, the night before they were supposed to leave) b/c of the problems there.

thankyou said:
Ok, she just wrote me back. She saw him after her flight from Nairobi to London, at the Nairobi airport in the BA lounge and then again at Heathrow airport in London (my niece is attending the university there) again at the baggage claim. She said she didn't see him in the plane because he was in first class.

So he's back in London from some trip to Africa i guess. The rumours that he was in Kenya then were correct?

Now, hopefully he's heading for a recording studio. :)

:wave:

wow, what a story :)
Pitty she didn't get to meet him properly.

But what are the odds of being on the same plane/trip as Bono?? :ohmy:
Lucky niece !!

There we go. We just had a discussion about Bono on a regular flight. Thanks for the info! Nice thought of him at the baggage claim. :giggle:

Someone said he was in Kenya with Edge and their families on holidays?! But it could also very well be that he was in Africa alone. Bono is often in Africa without anyone knowing and when he's travelling in private, without media and without many people surrounding him it's usually not a big thing. Good to hear he can go somewhere without being bothered.

I hope he didn't get lost (or lost his baggage) at London airport, because it's quite chaotic there right now.

This does not really belong here, but I didn't feel like starting a new thread (since this is over a month old)

There was some discussion whether Bono would go to Africa with Pres.Bush, but it turned out to be that other Irishman (who actually wrote the article) ;-)

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1717934,00.html

See how Bush doesn't think too high of Geldof (who wrote that book for y'a??) :|

and how Bush still doesn't know what Bono's reall name is :lol:

greety said:

:wave:

wow, what a story :)
Pitty she didn't get to meet him properly.

But what are the odds of being on the same plane/trip as Bono?? :ohmy:
Lucky niece !!

Hi greet!!:wave: I know how lucky. If she wasn't my niece i would have been violently jealous!! (just kidding). To be on a cross-atlantic flight for hours in the same plane as a member of U2, it's hard to fathom.

Well Bono and all the band are in HQ as we speak!! If he has been over in Africa he must havew had some good sun block on because the photos my friend sent me on my phone he is as pale as ever!! :lol:

Last edited:
I'm so happy they are back in he studio. I really do think we will have an album in October.

Back
Top Bottom