hey, Sherry Darling....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzledbylight

Blue Crack Supplier
:D A friend just called me up around end of the work daytodAY to tell me she had a Bruce/Forgerty etc Vote tix with my name on :hyper:

They announced like 2 days ago th jersey was still considered a swing stae he/they decided to finish off this Vote tour there.

I figured they {my friends & sib who ave alot more descretionary income that I do} might consider going.
I thot, ok, I wasn't even thinking of asking about it since my sib just lent me some money for 2 different things and after having seen Bruce 2x's last year {2nd for free- big suprise} I was content to leave it as such. Esp when I'm more concerned now about getting even just to 1 u2 concert[/I]

you were going to the philly show, right? report time :D!!

on the other hand these friends we've been going to concerts togehtwer for ??? just over 30 yrs or so....so it's just fabulours to be there with them {again}. we've been to Bruce & u2 shows , Who, too toghether.

Last edited:
No Philly show for me. :( I am going to DC's though. Go Brucie baby go! :D :hyper: I'm so very proud of hiim!

Enjoy Philly, and let us know how it went!

SD

Sherry Darling said:
No Philly show for me. :( I am going to DC's though. Go Brucie baby go! :D :hyper: I'm so very proud of hiim!

Enjoy Philly, and let us know how it went!

SD

Oh, maybe I got you mixed up going to philly with someone else on the boards.... perhaps could thaT be U2 Deomcrat who's going to philly...?

Have a great time at the DC show, SD!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:
send us your report!
Yeah, I'm really proud of him, too! :heart: :hug:

I'm going to the New Jersey show. {not philly, but i do like Philly, the city} Will definately report!

thanks, td. :wave:

One of the wilder deja vu things about the up coming show for me is.....
there was a Big 12 hour Anti-Vietnam War Fund-Raising Concert at Shea Stadium {NYC-the Mets} back in...around 71 or so.
The last band to play was Creedence Clearwater. The place was vibrating!
So John Forgerty being there will be a real kick, too. :D

Last edited:
Last edited:
10ad25c7.jpg

I did notice last night that Bruce and Bono are making similar fashion choices :sexywink:

e4aed4e7.jpg

At one point the crowd started chanting, "Kerry! Kerry! Kerry!" because it a moveon.org event - but the funny thing is that I went with my sister - whose name is Kerry :lol: So she got to hear 20,000 people chanting her name :lol:

Thanks Kelly! :hug: WOW what a show! :faint: Must have copy!

What a show!!!!!!!!!!! Mellencamp was terrifically fun and Pink Houses was an obvious and perfect choice. Bonnie Raitt's voice was a knockout--she kept having to back off her mic! LOL. Keb Mo like *defined* cool. I surprised myself by enjoying Jurrasic 5 a lot. Hardly Public Enemy or Run DMC but I liked em. Fun groove with a couple of Bob Marley lines thrown in ("stand up for your rights...."). James Taylor was good, and the Dixie Chicks! Wow. Say what you will about Ms. Little Texas Spitfire but DAMN does that girl a have a voice!! So powerful. And they sounded lovely with Mr. Taylor's songs. Enjoyed JT (as Eddie Vedder called him) getting in that line about not "changing horses midstream". He said something like, if you're horse is in over it's head....

DMB put me to sleep. Yes, I was tired by that point but still. LOL. I try to like him, I do. He bores me.

What can I say about Pearl Jam? Amazing! Dark and powerful and angry. EV looks like a Darkness era Bruce. He's so intense.

REM was, other than Bruce, the highlight. I loved hearing him sing with Bruce. Got a chuckle out of the fact that Michael Stipe, who is a DOLL, did that same little bow to Bruce that Bono does. Because the Night was terrific! REM's whole set sounded great, and I still have Man on the Moon in my head. Loved Bruce doing the Elvis part of that song "hey baby are ya having fun?" Stipe has a lovely poingant voice.

And then, Bruce. Guess who brought the house down! The set was very familar to Bruce junkies, but that's okay. The baptist preach schtick helped him inject some humor into the "why it's dumb to vote for Bush." Bruce had the line of the night to swing voters: "It's Oct 11. What the hell are you waiting for? If you mislead a nation in to war, you lose your job. It ain't rocketscience!" Said in preecher voice. Made it fun for the TV folks at home whom he was addressing. He can play me Born to Run and Badlands anytime.

Really enjoyed the finale with everyone out, too. That was something I'll never ever see again! Fogerty's "Fortunate Son" was entirely apropos and angry and great. Stipe was wearing a shirt that said "shout" (I think that's what it said) and he kept jogging around the stage and he'd point to his shirt and the appropriate section would go nuts. Very fun. LOL. "The People Have the Power" was a great note to end on. Here here! On to the polls! :cool:

SD

Back
Top Bottom