Hey, girls! Where are our boys?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Niamh_Saoirse said:
But the main thing is something that he said: "Last night, Bono and his beautiful wife Ali were standing here on stage, enjoying the show.." I almost had a seizure. I MISSED BONO FOR A DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY???????????????!!!! I'm feckin' cursed!!!!!!!! I'm never gonna meet him!!!!! *sniffs*:sad: :mad:

:banghead:

I bet when you least expect him though..... :flirt:

:hug:

Hmmm...Well...Went to the studio yesterday. No luck...:( I just emailed Flavia so I'll just copy and paste part of what I said to her here so I don't have to retype it all...

Well, I'm afraid I didn't have any luck yesterday, and it doesn't sound as if anybody will have any luck in the near future. I roped one of my friends into coming with me and we got there at nearly 4PM, I think. We just sat down on the bench and chilled for awhile. After a half an hour or so we saw the same guy that was there the last time I was there (with a balding head and red hair and mustache) come out one of the doors and open the garage door and then close it again. We watched him until he went back inside. Then a few minutes later we saw him walking toward us. Would you believe he remembered me from last time, when I didn't even say a word to him then? Well, he said the band wasn't there and that they were on holiday from the studio and I asked how long they'd be away and he said probably for a long time, that they probably wouldn't be back next week OR the week after. So I was pretty bummed because that basically covers all the weeks I have left here in Dublin! But we talked to him a bit after that and he was really nice. He said his wife is from Queens and asked us where we were from. And then we talked about the construction a little bit and he said it had been going on a LOT longer than it was supposed to. He said that they (the band, the studio) would be at that location for a long time though.

What I think would be good to do, is try going one more time the last week I'm here. I'm leaving on Saturday the 9th of August so maybe that Thursday or Friday?

Ok, I have a question...Does anybody know who the red-haired guy is?

:( I'm sorry ladies.

Maybe they will show up before you have to leave Wertsie!! :)

Sam has very light red hair, other than him, I don't know who that guy could be. :shrug:

EPandAmerica said:
:( I'm sorry ladies.

Maybe they will show up before you have to leave Wertsie!! :)

Sam has very light red hair, other than him, I don't know who that guy could be. :shrug:

YES! Then it WAS Sam the guy to talked to us when we went to the studi last week! :D :hyper:

I'm really feeling for you girls :( as a fan of 20 years, I have never met any of them :grumpy: and I know even if I went to Dublin, I'd still strike out :scream: Don't give up, your day might still come! Ask Mr. LeMon, he's been there, he'll know who the guy is and his name too I bet! ;) Next time you post, I hope it will be good news!

U2Kitten said:
I'm really feeling for you girls :( as a fan of 20 years, I have never met any of them :grumpy: and I know even if I went to Dublin, I'd still strike out :scream: Don't give up, your day might still come! Ask Mr. LeMon, he's been there, he'll know who the guy is and his name too I bet! ;) Next time you post, I hope it will be good news!

:hug: Me too. Thanks. That makes me feel a little better. :hug:

Wertsie,
This is on U2log, Thought it would be too cool to visit.

Life in the fast Slane
Lord Henry?s in need of a few bob? Slane Castle is open to the public until the end of August. Enter the Ballroom where ?The Unforgettable Fire? was recorded, admire Edge?s photography, see the framed ?Elevation Tour? poster commemorating a record two sold out Slane shows, walk among the empty grounds, stand on the stage site and.. relive those memories.?

I'd love to tour it.

Scarletwine said:
Wertsie,
This is on U2log, Thought it would be too cool to visit.

Life in the fast Slane
Lord Henry?s in need of a few bob? Slane Castle is open to the public until the end of August. Enter the Ballroom where ?The Unforgettable Fire? was recorded, admire Edge?s photography, see the framed ?Elevation Tour? poster commemorating a record two sold out Slane shows, walk among the empty grounds, stand on the stage site and.. relive those memories.?

I'd love to tour it.

Oooh...I had no idea we could tour it! That's awesome! I definitely want to head out there, but does anybody who's been there know the best way to get there for somebody who doesn't have a car? I have a free weekend next week, and I was thinking about making that one of my stops.

Thanks for the info. :up:

Oh, and also thanks to EPandAmerica for Sam's last name. My mom actually found it in one of her books last night. :D

wertsie said:

Oooh...I had no idea we could tour it! That's awesome! I definitely want to head out there, but does anybody who's been there know the best way to get there for somebody who doesn't have a car? I have a free weekend next week, and I was thinking about making that one of my stops.

Wertsie,

Bus ?ireann goes from the central bus station in Dublin to the village of Slane. It's about an hour's ride and about a half mile to mile walk from the bus stop in the village to the castle. But be careful, the sidewalks end after a while along the road in the village and there were quite a few trucks wizzing by us when we were there. :huh:

I don't remember how much the bus ticket was... :reject:

So check with Bus ?ireann for the current schedule:
http://www.buseireann.ie/site/home/

Don't get stranded in Slane like we almost did...

^ :lmao:

Yes, if you have no vehicle to drive, try to pick a nice sunny day to go... still was worth it in the rain, but we came back with the bottom of our jeans all brown and our boots all muddy. :eeklaugh:

Last edited:
erised said:

Wertsie,

Bus ?ireann goes from the central bus station in Dublin to the village of Slane. It's about an hour's ride and about a half mile to mile walk from the bus stop in the village to the castle. But be careful, the sidewalks end after a while along the road in the village and there were quite a few trucks wizzing by us when we were there. :huh:

I don't remember how much the bus ticket was... :reject:

So check with Bus ?ireann for the current schedule:
http://www.buseireann.ie/site/home/

Oooh...Thanks! I figured they had public transport to Slane, since they do to everywhere else, but that's very helpful....one less thing I have to look into. :hug:

:yes: It would definitely not be as fun to go on a rainy day...fortunately, though, we've been pretty lucky in that area up to this point. We've only had a day or 2 where it's rained ALL day. We really haven't had much rain at all...when it does, it'll rain for like 10 minutes and stop. :D

Back
Top Bottom