Hey girls, see those of u who been to concert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
well.....no matter what distance away from the boys...have some of u ever fainted or felt faint or whatever at seeing them in the flesh?

First time or anytime?

Of course I know its more possible to be overcome by heat and crowd crush and crowd excitement....but I got this idea from watching an old MJ concert and seeing loads being carried to front of queue........

ALSO, I know they took any bottled water off u before u go in, obv. to stop anyone tossing them on stage ( I hope!), but what did u do when u got thirsty??? (thats one I always questioned as at a concert I woulda snuck the bottle up my ass - cant do without water!)

Anyway, or someone faint near u?

:slant:

:D

of course, those who MEET or MET the guys in flesh never faint.................damn!

Heaps of uncontrolable tears for me, but no fainting. First time interacting with Bono during the LoveTown tour, I cried during the rest of the song and all through the next song. Happy tears.
:):):)

The next time to be close enough to almost touch was first leg of Elevation tour and he got out of the car and went around meeting people but just missed me as it was getting wild and he hurried back in to the car. Lots of tears then too, but they were sad ones. :(

When I finally got to meet him and shake his hand after the same Elevation concert above, I was able to hold it together and just have misty eyes until after the meet and greet was over and they drove off, then I cried more of those happy tears. :)

Funny thing is, after that Elevation concert I started getting floor tickets and being on the 2nd row outside the heart two times and touching his legs, I wasn't overcome at all. It was more like OH WOW - BONO LEG - COOL! :drool: :sick: :love:

The water thing is a problem, at the Elevation concerts where I had the GA floor tickets, I didn't want to drink water for obvious reasons, did not want to miss a second of the concert. So you just kind of do without until afterwords then you just guzzle 2 or 3 bottles of water while walking back to your car or hotel. ;)

Most of the shows I went to, the arenas allowed water bottles on the floor. The only exceptions to that rule I can think of was in Pittsburgh they wouldn't give us the caps to the bottles (a full bottle of water with a cap on it can be a dangerous weapon when thrown!) and in Anaheim they wouldn't let us take water bottles on to the floor. But we snuck 'em down anyway :) Depriving people of water that have been in the sun all day is just cruel! And as for having to go to the bathroom - I usually went during the opening act & the time between that act & U2.

And in answer to your fainting question, I haven't felt that way because of seeing U2 - tons of tears though. I did feel faint at the 2nd DC elevation show because I had waited in line 2 days in a row and was dehydrated, malnourished and by the time U2 took the stage for their encore I was almost in tears I couldn't take it anymore! I never want to feel that way at a U2 show again! :(

Actually, sorry, can I just say.......whenever Bono came to Belfast all 'PoP-Mofo' - (remember the story I told u all?)

I have to admit, I was so overcome by seeing him so close up, that and being squashed between 13 girls almost made me faint........I felt woozy and light-headed after, had to drink shamefuls of shitty water.....

:D

but yes, I have to admit, I nearly did a 'pavement-hug'

When I first caught a glimpse of Bono at my first U2 concert, I started hyperventilating and almost passed out. :silent:

Come on, I was only 15!!!! That was a lot of hotness for a 15 year old to handle!!!! :D

I wouldn't call it fainting, but at my first U2 concert way back in 2001, I got really tired all the sudden and I had to sit down and this was during "Bad" and Bono started yelling, "I'm WIIIIIIIIIDE awake, I'm not sleeping..." and I was thinking, "PERFECT timing Bono!" :yes: And I managed to make it the rest of the way through the concert.

BUTTERFLIES!!!!!! That is what i feel everytime i have gone to a show. I get very nervous and start biting my nails and than start jumping around like a freakin idiot. My face also turns a bright shade of red. lol it is odd because i hardly turn red. In order to calm my nerves, I usually run to the concession and grab a beer. ;) I usually end up tearing up as soon as I see them walking to the stage and get this feeling of "HOLY SHIT, I AM IN THE SAME BUILDING AS U2!!!!!"

When I took my 32 yr. old sister to her first U2 concert last November, she about ripped my arm out of my socket when she saw Bono. I just sat there lmfao at her and started to pinch her and tell "yes, that is Bono you are not dreaming"...it gave me much pleasure to see her happiness and excitement when she saw U2 for the first time live. :)

I screamed like a Beatlemaniac the first time Bono walked past me on the heart ramp. I think I scared him! I have felt like passing out but I think it was the heat and squishing crowd. I will never forget staring right into Bono's eyes and seeing the blue, the pupils, and the sparkling lights in them! SIGH!!!!:love:

It almost happened at the first Elevation show I went to (Anaheim). I was excited in the weeks leading up to the show but when I got inside the arena and saw the heart and the stage, the excitement really started to build. I sat down and started looking at my program and next thing I see is Dallas tuning Edge's Explorer and it hits me....I'M ACTUALLY GOING TO SEE U2...IN LESS THAN AN HOUR, EDGE WILL BE PLAYING THE SAME GUITAR I HAVE SEEN A MILLION TIMES IN PICTURES AND VIDEOS!!!! BONO WILL BE ON THAT STAGE!!!

I had a sudden realization that U2 was in the same building I was and the huge-ness of it all started to hit me.

I hardly noticed PJ Harvey at all cause I was in such a U2 haze and by the time they walked out on stage, I was hyperventilating. I remember putting my hands over my mouth and saying "oh my God, oh my God" over and over again and then my hands started to shake so badly that Rick asked me if I was okay. I started feeling lightheaded and had to do some deep breathing to stay standing!

I felt exactly like a teenager seeing a boy band!

I have never fainted at a concert (likely bc I wouldn't DARE miss one second) but I have gone into a kind of hypnotic state where I just stand there staring...drinking it all in....a state of total shock and disbelief that it's actually happening.

I have cried 3 times at U2 shows. First, it was when Edge sang Stand by Me during Zoo TV..it's stupid, but it just felt like he was singing just for me....

The 2nd time was during AIWIY at Wembley Stadium during Zooropa. Ihad never heard that song live before. You know how you hear the songs and on one level you have heard these songs a million times and you are excited.....well I know it sounds stupid, but out of nowhere it kind of suddenly hit me at a deeper level....that this was REALLY happening and what this has meant to me all these years...it was just too much for my system to bear. Well I started to bawl...and I heard someone near me say "That girl is CRYING!" like I was a total idiot. I felt so stupid..... :eek:

The most recent crying jag was this past tour in Vegas, starting with Wild Horses (a song that has never really had such a dramatic effect on me before) and all through Streets. I haven't cried so hard in AGES. I was almost ill from the exertion.

None of that made much sense....but hey, I'm participating! :D

I have never fainted. As people have said above I wouldn't dare miss any of the show. I was totally in shock a bit at first. Elevation was my first tour and I couldn't believe I was about 10 feet from the band.
I felt pretty bad after one of the London shows, not because of the band though, just major sunstroke and lack of water. You don't notice thirst when you are in there.

This is not an exaggeration...........

At the Elevation Concert (in Dallas) I swear I didn't say a word the whole time (which is unusual because, well, I'M A TALKER).
My three friends were trying to talk to me the whole time (they're not big U2 fans, I just persuaded them to go :evil:), they were asking me all kinds of stuff about the guys, but I just couldn't talk. I stood up the whole time, with the largest (very evil) smile on my face.
NO words.
I couldn't even yell for the guys. Then, during BTBS when Bono shined the light on us, I couldn't even jump up or clap or even scream like every one else.

I just stood there, in awe
:ohmy:

Last edited:
stephannv said:

At the Elevation Concert (in Dallas) I swear I didn't say a word the whole time (which is unusual because, well, I'M A TALKER).
My three friends were trying to talk to me the whole time (they're not big U2 fans, I just persuaded them to go :evil:), they were asking me all kinds of stuff about the guys, but I just couldn't talk. I stood up the whole time, with the largest (very evil) smile on my face.
NO words.
I couldn't even yell for the guys. Then, during BTBS when Bono shined the light on us, I couldn't even jump up or clap or even scream like every one else.

This is pretty much how I was in Vegas...there was a guy behind me who was SCREAMING out the words to every song and he kept hitting me on the shoulder and when I would turn around, he would do the running man dance and tell me to get into it :eyebrow: He thought I was being a party pooper but I was mesmerized and not wanting to miss a second of the show cause I knew it was my last :|

stephannv said:

NO words.

:lol:
lol...how could i forget...i did the same thing when the elevation tour came to Atlanta in March. My seats were behind the stage and my eyes were permanently affixed on Larry the whole time. My friend and her husband told me after the show that they were laughing at me quite a bit because they were trying to talk to me and i would not respond. I was literally "Numb" *zing* to the audience around me. I was in a U2 Zone...:drool: :drool:

The Power of the Bono's Gaze

I didn't faint, but I did get an irregular heartbeat at an Elevation concert. I felt my heart skipping beats in the middle of the show. I have never had anything like that happen to me, and it kinda freaked me out.

I was right up front, against the barrier, near the apex of the heart and while Bono was doing a rather lenghthy introduction to the song "Please" he was maintaining eye contact with me !!! I looked away for second and looked right back at him and he was still looking right at me. That's when it all "hit me" and I started feeling the irregular beats.

I remember thinking..." Oh, no....I'm going to taken out on a stretcher in the middle of this U2 show!"
:scream:
:no:

Bono gaze is a powerful thing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom