Hey, Brazilian Fly!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cute Irish Bono

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
PLEBA man :), do you have trouble recieveing emails? I am just curious. I LOVE your avatar! ;) I want to talk to you about heavy medal and Burce Springsteen. Can we just do it in this forum? Is that o.k. with you?

I have sent you an e-mail I thin yesterday. Didn't you get it? I got no problems with reciving e-mail, I think the problem is that you send me e-mails from the Interference boards. You can send through my e-mail address. :)

It's okay by me for us to talk here but I don't want to get on the way of the other threads or whatever. :reject:

I understand. :) I did get your great e-mail. I can email only through the Interference board because I have trouble sending e-mails, it says there's an error. So if you are sure we will just talk here or e-mail more, whatever, o.k.?

Excuse me!
Brazilian Fly, yesterday I heard Bruce Springsteen singing "Because the Night" on the radio and I remembered you!:wink:

Bruce Springsteen? On the radio? In my country? With a song only released live? :hyper: Awesome!! :hyper: I like when people remeber of me. :sexywink:

Is Bruce played a lot in S?o Paulo? I don't think I ever heard him being played here. :sad: :madspit:

Hey Cute Irish Bono I have sent you an e-mail!!! :hyper:

:up: I listen to my aunt's Bruce Springsteen C.D. We had the top down on the highway, so I couldn't hear it that well. lol. But since you and me were talking about it, I listen to my aunt's C.D. in the car. I really like it, except, to me, I have to get used to his kinda country voice. And from what I heard "Tunnel of Love" was a great song to me. :) What Bruce C.D. would you recomend me to buy for my first?

I really like talkin' to ya'! :yes: And about heavy medal, this might sound funny but I really don't know what is and isn't. The difference between hard rock and heavy medal. Because is Nirvana's great C.D. "Nevermind" susopsed to be heavy medal? You really are helping out here expanded my horizons. Because all Nirvana's stuff to me was hard rock, you know? Would you think I would like Motorhead? I personally don't like Ozzy Borne, though. I like bad boys but still good buys at the same time like, you know?

Last edited:
What Bruce Springsteen album did you listened to in the car? Tunnel Of Love? That's a good album but he's got much better albums. You'll definitely like: Born To Run, Born In The U.S.A. and The Rising! :up:

It's okay if you can't distinguish what's what, for me it doesn't really matter, if it's good then that's all I need to know, I don't care what genre it is. Even though I feel proud when I say I?m a heavy metal fan. It?s a turn off to some people however cause they have the wrong idea about Heavy Metal. :madspit: Nirvana's Nevermind is supposed to be grunge. But I think their first album is more heavy metal.

I love Motorhead, one of my favorite bands ever. I think there are some songs from them that you might like. Maybe you should check out a best of from them. They are heavy metal but they are seen as trash and kind of punk too. They mix it together and get great tunes. Metallica is a big Motorhead fan!!! A major influence on them. Lemmy's voice, lyrics and bass playing are extraordinary (Lemmy is Motorhead's "leader")! Do you like the song Fuel from Metallica? Some Motorhead songs are kinda like that! :yes:

Too bad you don't like Ozzy, he's great. Maybe you like him in the future. I think I might go to Ozzfest in America to see Ozzy play with Black Sabbath in July!!! Judas Priest will also play!! :hyper: By the way you've been saying heavy medal, it's heavy metal but your way sounds better actually! :D I like talking to you too! :hug:

Last edited:
Thanks. Do you mean by calling it hard rock? Yeah, the genres don't matter to me, but the attitude does. "Fuel" is an awesome song by Mettillcia! I also like "Bad Seed" and something like "Remains" the 2 song on that C.D.

TheBrazilianFly said:
Bruce Springsteen? On the radio? In my country? With a song only released live? :hyper: Awesome!! :hyper: I like when people remeber of me. :sexywink:

Is Bruce played a lot in S?o Paulo? I don't think I ever heard him being played here. :sad: :madspit:

Yeah! It was amazing!Here in SP there's a radio called Kiss FM that play Classic Rock and yesterday played Bruce live and U2 I Will Follow, I never heard it here! It's the first time for Bruce too.
:wave:

Oh, that Bruce c.d. was relased in 1987, I know that. Does he always have a kinda country voice? I like Papa Roach and Audio slave, what about you? What are they under?

Calling what hard rock?

I guess Nevermind could be seen as hard rock too just like Load and Reload from Metallica. I like the attitudes too. One of the things that attracted me to U2 in the beginning, without me realizing it I think, was Bono's angry pose and heavy metal attitude. I LOVE that!!! Bono is one mad mofo. So is Larry..... and Adam and Edge. :D Heavy metal attitude is more of a serious, angry kind of attitude. Check this picture out of James Hetfield:
Metallica_-_James_The_Monster_Hetfield.jpg

James is one of the Captains of cool for me. :cool:

Cute Irish Bono said:
Oh, that Bruce c.d. was relased in 1987, I know that. Does he always have a kinda country voice? I like Papa Roach and Audio slave, what about you? What are they under?

That one is Tunnel Of Love then. No, Bruce doesn't use that country voice all the time, you must be referring to Ain't Got You. That album has Spare Parts. That's a great rock song. But those 3 other cds that I named are better in my humble opinion.

If you're having trouble with genres and stuff you can go to this site: www.allmusic.com

I like Audioslave. I got their cd. Good stuff. It's a very good place to know stuff about any band. I go there all the time to check out old reviews and bios! :up:

I call hard rock when you said you liked my way better of calling it heavy medal, but it doesn't matter. YEAH! He does look angry! I like that! But I like how Bono and U2, are very emotionally. To me, they aren't always angry. I like their happy and angry sides. I really like you would like Everclear? They are very loud. Do you know that song "Father of Mine" or "When it All Goes Wrong Again" by Everclear?

Last edited:
Cute Irish Bono said:
I call hard rock when you said you liked better of calling it heavy medal, but it doesn't matter. YEAH! He does like angry! I like that! But I like how Bono and U2, are very emotionally. To me, they aren't always angry. I like their happy and angry sides.

:yes: Same here. U2 can display many emotions with their music. I like that too. :up:

shy said:
TheBrazilianFly said:

Yeah! It was amazing!Here in SP there's a radio called Kiss FM that play Classic Rock and yesterday played Bruce live and U2 I Will Follow, I never heard it here! It's the first time for Bruce too.
:wave:

Awesome! I don't listen to the radio here cause they usually don't play what I wnat to listen! it would be great if they started playing Bruce!!! :hyper:

Well, probably rock bands jump atound with their guitars more. And I think you should check out Everclear! "So Much For the Afterglow" and "American Movie Part2. Good Time For a Bad Attitude." lol. I like their happy slower side too. But those albums are rockin' and crazy to me! ;)

I like AM Radio, Father of Mine, Santa Monica, and what was that video that came out first on the same album as AM Radio? That too.

Cute Irish Bono, can you name the song the lyrics in my new location are from? Nobody's guessed it this time but I know you said you went to see the band in concert and you like them so do you know?;)

The Goo Goo Dolls! Is it "Name," I am not %100 sure. :lol: You like Everclear? Cool! :wink: I didn't think you liked them so much. Can I make you a C.D. of Everclear songs that I love that I think you might like? Those are all awesome Everclear songs you named. :up: "Everything to Everyone" and "I will Buy you a New Life" are awesome, too! And, sorry, sadly, I haven't seen any Everclear music videos. :wave: BYE! :)

U2Kitten said:
I like AM Radio, Father of Mine, Santa Monica, and what was that video that came out first on the same album as AM Radio? That too.

"Wonderful" or "Here We Go Again." I am guessing. :lol: You rock! ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom