He's Back in Ireland!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ralph Waldo Emerson:
"Do not waste yourself in rejection, nor bark against the bad, but chant the beauty of the good."

BONO BONO BONO :D

"Take these hands, teach them what to carry. Take these hands, don't make a fist. Take this mouth, so quick to criticize. Take this mouth, give it a kiss." Bono

bonocomet said:
I liked the part that tells us there are tons of guys out there fitting the good heart & soul & Bono's physical description, and assumes no one here has ever dated or married one of them. LOL

PS. My hubby has the bluest eyes I've ever seen. :cute: and a lot less hair than Bono. :drool:

:up: Well said.

Please stop quoting this awful, spiteful post.

Ignorance can be a bliss.

Keep it positive, that's what Bono is all about. Let people be bitter if they wish to be, it's shouldn't be our problem.

All I feel when I think about Bono or see him is LOVE, I don't care if anyone tries to take that away from me by making degrading statements.

I have a lot of love for a lot of people, male and female, most of them not famous, who do not fit into society's (stupid) concepts of "beautiful" or "attractive". I like it and myself that way.

17071240-17071242-large.jpg

Wow, he is seriously obese. I wonder if he has to buy two seats when he flies. :tsk:
Seriously, give the poor man a break. What must he do to please people? And when PLEBAns get upset when people say these things about B being short (which he totally is, and I love him more for that :wink: ) fat, bald, etc, etc, I think it's mainly becase we really find it just untrue and baseless. Everyone's entitled to their own opinions, but I just don't understand how you can look at Bono and see that. Just doesn't seem to be there. :huh:

But your right unicorn, it doesn't matter what people say. We know why we're here. We know why we have such affection for Bono. Don't let the bastards grind you down! :)

Teta040 said:
I think Jordan is more level with it than you suppose. After all, she's grown up with it, and been in the front row at a fair few shows. She knows her dad is a world-famous rock star and still a handsome guy, and she's seen the girls screaming over him. They've probably had a lot of laughs about it. There's probably a lot less going on in her mind than you think, precisely b/c of that "professional" element. She might even have "bragged" about it a few times, in a way--I can't help thinking back to those pics from August of her and her friends on the yacht..they were sitting right next to him. She was all but saying, "Look how 'hot' my dad still is!"(I mean, some of us on here have dads who are still very good-looking in middle age, and we passed that "sticky" stage along time ago.) Well,m correction: I don't think ANYBODY has a dad as hot as B right now! Except Viggo Mortensen's college-age son....

On the other hand, at Bono's level, I can imagine it's far more a problem for him....least of all b/c it is a vivid reminder of his age! (I can't help thinking back to the liner notes for HTDAAB--Edge thanks Blue for "keeping him young." I always thought there was something literal in that--that he he still had a daughter who was a child in some aspects. And, of course,we have the lyrics of OOTS.) He can't ecxactly do any more lap dances on SNL, for example, for fear of thinking "What if Evie sees this?!?!" When your daughters were kids it was a lot easier b/c you know that Ali would filter everything, as every parent should. As well as them not fully comprehending! But when you know your kids are adults and there are no restricitions, then it could be disturbing for him. I mean, after all, you ARE their father!

I think we are seeing the transition to the "dignified" elder Bono right now and while it is expected, it is still bittersweet. They're sending a message and it is being heeded, for the most part. I remember all the girls in minis who came out to meet the band in the 90's. No more of that now.

However, for our sakes, I hope they drag the "transition" out as long as possible:macdevil:
Excellent post! :up:

My dad is 51, and still very much young at heart. And he's a flirt. Not as much of a flirt or as much of a charmer as Bono, but still a flirt. It used to really bother me. I would feel so offended because he'd do it in front of myself and my mother. But eventually I realized it didn't bother her a bit, so why should it bother me?
Yeah, he flirts with my 19 year old neighbour, and I scold him by going "Dad, she's younger than ME!" but it's all just harmless flirting for the sake of flirting. It's just his way. Mostly I just roll my eyes and tell him to grow up. I'm sure Jordan and Eve have done the same to Bono at least once :wink:

Hey, Unicorn, cheer up!
I don't think that post is so important, I really think it's all about this TV culture that tries to tell us that your body has to be perfect in the way they determine, you must have no wrinkles, follow the fashions without questioning and disappear as soon as you turn 40, so you can make a beautiful corpse (alternatively you can spend more than half your life hidden from the sight of others or go for surgery until nobody recognises your face any more).
That is simply stupid, Bono is not old, he's getting older, of course, everybody does, right from the beginning, even before you are born, youth is the only illness that will surely be cured by time. He's 47 and he's very attractive, I guess he will probably be when he is 70, he has a great charisma and a lovely, beautiful soul some of us can see when we look at the stars in his eyes. For me, at least, he isn't short either, he's taller than me and an average guy in Europe (I know boys are taller in the US).
But we must admit this person can be right at one point, may be there many anonimous guys who can be physically similar to Bono and we don't care about them. Even worse, I know lots of singers, actors and anonimous people who are younger and "more beautiful" than Bono from the beauty cannon point of view and I don't care about them. I understand some people may feel frustrated, life is like this, I could be getting mad at Bono because he doesn't fall in love with me, even if I have brown, Spanish eyes..., but I don't, it would be stupid. Really, the post is all about frustration.

(Well, I admit I sometimes get mad........... when he takes out his shades and I see those blue eyes and his beautiful smile I ..:crazy: )

Last edited:
Thanks, Marien, I totally agree with you!

I hope, too, that Bono loses his shades more often now, the latest appearances seem to be very promising. There is just nothing to hide. I love his more natural looks, I don't care about wrinkles and stuff like this, I'm also not getting younger.

Bono has mentioned that his right eye had a problem with blockage of some sort and would often be puffy looking and probably painful and was agravated by light, plus he has mentioned migraines caused by the flashes. Maybe he finally had something done about the eye problem and so is a little less sensitive. Also, some of the no shades shots recently were in situations where the use of high powered flashes would not be so overwhelming, like the daylight shots on Cork campus and this surprise appearance where he could be pretty sure not to be inundated by paparozzi flashes. I think he would probably still need them for things like red carpet appearances and such because the camera flashes are incredibly overwhelming.

Dana

The little white haired lady with the pink scarf is going to be me in another 40 years. :lol: Still trying to get close to Bono as he goes by in his walker!!!

JCOSTER said:
The little white haired lady with the pink scarf is going to be me in another 40 years. :lol: Still trying to get close to Bono as he goes by in his walker!!!

:lmao: You can trip him up with your cane!

Back
Top Bottom