hero 9 (the second time)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2bonogirl

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Back on the blue crack after a long break
i typed out the longest bit of the story so far and for some reason, by the time i was done typing it out interference had signed me out, so when i hit post it directed me to the sign in thing and erased all of what i spent the good part of 3 feckin hours doing :madspit: :mad:

oh well, im happy now cuz i just watched top of the pops, so heres more to the story.
thanks to whoever reads the story too:wink:

hero 9

As soon as her foot hit the pavement she wished to turn back and leave unseen, but instead was engulfed by a swarm of eager faces chattering away questions.

Feeling claustropobic, she edged her way out of the middle of the group and smiled weakly at all of them.
This was a mistake, they think Im some important person now....

"Hi, I'm Ria. How's it going?"

"Whats it like inside?"
"What did you do with them?"
"Is Bono nice?"
"Have you slept with him?"

All sorts of inquiries were tossed at her, but the last one was insulting.

"Ok, wait. I have no problem answering your questions, but please don't be insulting to Bono or any of the band like that."

Once the group had calmed down, she began to tell them all about her experience, while the group stood around silent and still.
Towards the end of her story a noise at the door of the studio distracted them. Being about time for quitting they were all excited that some member of the band had come out.
Instead, the raging face of Shannon approached the group.

"So, telling them all lies about the band I see."
There was malice in her eyes, obvious to all in the group, especially Ria.

"Shannon, don't do this to yourself. You already acted like a drunken mental patient last night, don't try and outdo yourself."

Ria tried looking intimidating while inside she wished Larry or somebody tough looking would come out and smooth things over- quick

"Oh, you want to discuss last night? Well, you see Ria here spent all of last night trying to seduce Bono and when it didn't work she tried Adam instead."
Shannon snickered under her breath

Somebody in the group told her to sod off.

"Believe what you like, I'm going inside to inform the band that you are indulging information about their personal lives."

"If that's what it takes to get your face out of mine then be my guest." Ria said, feeling relieved that things didn't escalate

Shannon stomped off like a raging toddler and slammed the door behind her.

"Sorry about that, she's a little- protective of the band and there was an incident last night. So, you wanna hear the rest of the story?"

They all sat down on the ground, talking like old friends at a slumber party.

"He really bought you underwear?"
Giggles erupted
"Yeah, black lace panties, it was horrible, I was so embarrased. And the lady behind the desk kept calling me his girlfriend. I met his ex too. What a catty woman that is!"

"Oh yeah, I've met her" a girl said " she came by here a while ago when I took a friend to meet the band . She looked at us like we were trash and said something about us waiting for table scraps and her getting the real thing...something like that. Whatta bitch."

"I've heard of her too!" another girl piped up " and as much as I would love to steal Bono for myself, I would rather you got him than that woman."

Getting embarrased,Ria began to explain that she wasn't going out with Bono, when gasps shot through the crowd and they all jumped up.
Still sitting against the wall, Ria watched Bono work the giggling and chattering crowd, giving hugs, kisses and signing everything possible.
Small tugs of jealously tugged at her heart every time he hugged somebody, but that was stupid she told herself, why should you be jealous. he's not yours Ria.

Adam emerged next and another wave of excitement washed over the small crowd. He was lost in the abyss of arms, lips, and everything else the girls could put on him.
Having signed everything put in front of him, Bono finally began to walk to Ria again.

'She looks so cute there, just sitting against the wall with her knees against her chest.'

He was intercepted twice before he actually made it ,nd plunked down next to her. His knee was pressed against her's and he leaned his head on her shoulder as camera flashes shot off at them.

"You're making me into a celebrity." Ria whispered, looking at Bono and turning away, feeling nervous having her mouth that close to his.
"Shannon told me earlier." He giggled his schoolgirl laugh
"She was so mad I was certain she'd burst a vein. Told her I'd punish you properly- In Miami."

Ria gasped. He grinned boyishly and ran his fingers through his short hair.

"I can't believe you told her. That just increases my chances of an early death I hope you know."

A young girl walked up cautiously, holding a camera.

"Could I have a picture of you with your girlfriend?"

Ria began to correct her but Bono slung his arm around her and pulled her close

"Go ahead sweetheart."

Flash!

"Thank you Bono!"

She ran back to where her parents were watching who waved a thank you and walked their little girl back to the car.

"Girlfriend?"
Bono shrugged and kissed Ria's cheek,leaving a burning hole where his lips had touched.

"They see what they want to."

Bono laid his head on her shoulder again, his newly cut hair tickled Ria's neck and she smoothed it down with the tips of her fingers. Leaning her head on his she closed her eyes and felt the rays of sun warming her cheeks, basking in the feeling of Bono next to her.

They looked like happy lovers, sitting companionably in each others company.
Things were far more complicated to Ria
And very clear to Bono

She felt his head move slightly and raised her's.
An intense second passed, eyes locked, frozen in time- and then the world began to turn again with Bono's smile.

"You getting hungry?" He played with the fabric of her shirt, rubbing it between his fingers.

"famished."

"What d'you feel like eating?"

"Dunno. Food? The others have plans?"

"Not that I know of. Hey, I'm an excellent cook!"

Ria looked skeptical
"I'll believe that when I witness it."

Trying to look seriously offended, Bono pursed his lips and made a discontented grunt, only managing to look really cute.

"With that attitude, I doubt you'll ever find out now."

"Aw, come on Bono, I wasn't being mean. Its just- well- cooking takes multi tasking and you're better at focusing on one thing at a time."

"You didn't have to be so bloody cold hearted." He sniffed in mock hurt.

"Stop it, I'm on to you mister. Fine, you can cook me breakfast tomorrow morning if theres time before our flight."

"We dont leave until 12:30 so theres time. So breakfast...does that mean you're staying at my place?"
He looked so hopeful Ria hated to turn him down, but she thought of how she might act if she was alone with bono.....
bad idea

"No, Bono, you horndog. I'll come by in the morning."

"Damn" he snapped his fingers "and I thought I had you under my spell finally. " he smiled and hugged her closer

"I have a whole plane ride to try and work it on you tomorrow. No worries!"

Elbowing him gently in the ribs Ria told him there wasnt a chance.

"I'm in love with Larry, didn't you hear?"

"Oh well then, I'll be having him disposed of. Anybody can drum!"

"Not me."

"Well, anybody with talent." He teased

Ria remained silent, sitting with a dejected look, baiting Bono into her trap. He got flustered and began to apologize.
Ria couldn't hold it in longer and busted out with a laugh.

"Whats so feckin' funny?" Bono asked, frowning

Ria saw Larry walking up to them
"Larry! We were just talking about you."

"Yeah, Ria was just telling me about how she's mad for you."
Bono took his arm back from around Ria and crossed his arms

"Is that so Ria?" Larry looked amused, playing along with the game

"Yeah. I think I want to marry you and have 10 kids. Too bad you have Anne." she winked at him and nudged Bono

"Oh- well if that's all thats stopping us I can send her away. Silly me, thinkin' you were fixin on Bono there."

"Alright you guys!"
Bono glared at the two, who were laughing harder than before.

Larry offered Ria a hand to help her off the ground, leaving Bono sitting against the wall looking peeved.

"C'mon love. Weve got to start working on those 10 kids and the wedding arrangements."

"Not if I've anything to do with it!"
Bono leapt to his feet, grabbing Ria by the waist and swinging her around. Tossing her over his shoulder against her screams of protest he began to take his prize away from Larry.

"Larry help me!" she screeched, kicking violently and grabbing Bono's sides to tickle him into letting her go.
It was Adam who actually came to her rescue.

"What the devil're you doing to the poor girl? Put her down. Shes making enough noise to hear in Galway."

Bono set her down gently and recieved a slap on the hand.

"Ouch! I wasn't about to watch you run off with Larry, that sorry old bastard."

"For God's sake Bono, we were kidding!"

He laughed and smiled really big, putting his arm back around her

"I know. Needed an excuse to toss you over m' shoulder, love."

"Are we eating or what? I'm starving and Edge wont come out. Hes likely to be holed up with his guitar all night." Larry rubbed his washboard stomach.

"If were all going out together I vote for something quiet and relaxing. I know I could use it after today." Adam offered
--------------------------

"They were seated across from a couple who couldn't keep their tongues out of each other's mouths.

"Would ya look at that. Snogging the faces off each other. Get a bloody room."
Larry crinkled his nose up in disgust

Their waiter was obviously a U2 fan trying to hide it.
He kept staring and looking away guiltily.
He stuttered out the special of the day
and it was "gobster" instead of lobster.
He tried to hide a smile when bono said "you too"

The couple was still making out. In a moment of boredom, Bono balled up a little piece of a napkin and dared someone to throw it at them.
Adam tried to look unamused
Larry just crossed his arms and acted too tough for the caper
Ria sighed and grabbed the little white ball, rolling it between her fingers and looking at them like they were sissies.
She closed one eye and aimed
Discreetly she let the ball fly
It landed perfectly on the guys bottom lip.
His head jerked in the direction the flying object had come from and saw a table of people trying to hide their laughter.

Adam was biting his lip and closing his eyes
Bono was hiding behind Ria's shoulder
And Larry smiled and waved as Ria turned beet red and froze

"Nice shot." Bono whispered into her ear, centimeters away from her skin, his warm breath chilling her body. He brushed his lips so lightly over the side of her ear it was almost undetectable, making goosebumps pop up all over Ria's arms. He breathed in the scent of her soft skin and buried his head into her neck, still pretending to be in stitches over the incident.

Ria could still not move. Between the look she was getting from the kissing culprit, and being victimized by Bono under the radar of an entire restaurant she wasnt sure what to be more shy about.
Larry kept smiling
"Sorry bout that! Our girl here, training for the olympics, yeah, shotput. She's quite incredible as you can see. "
He smiled so charmingly that the guys girlfriend eyed Larry flirtatiously and told her guy to just drop it.

Bono took his head out of Ria's neck and glanced at her still blushing face.

"Can't believe you just bloody hit 'im dead on like that. Remind me never to make you angry around a pile of rocks."
Adam smiled and looked over his shoulder
"where the divil's our food anyway?"

Back
Top Bottom