hero 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2bonogirl

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Back on the blue crack after a long break
i dont know if youre the only one reading but this is for you lucy!:wink:

As soon as her foot hit the pavement she wished she could turn back unseen.
Instead she was engulfed by a swarm of eager faces, mostly girls, all chattering away some question.

Feeling claustrophobic she inched away a few steps, wondering how she had become such a celebrity all of a sudden.

"Hey, hows it going?"

Her smile was forced.
'I came out here to talk to fellow fans, not be treated like part of the band.'

"What's it like inside?"
"What do they do?"
"Is Bono nice? Are you sleeping with him?"

All sorts of questions were flung her way but the last one was utterly insulting to her.

"Look, ladies" she glanced at the two men, hanging towards the back of the group "I have not problem telling you all about my time with the bad, but don't be insulting to Bono like that, please. He doesn't just go off to bed with somebody he's just met. They're all very nice, so please be respectful."

Ria began to tell them all about what had happened while all eyes were fixed on her, ears tuned in to what she was saying.
Near the end of the narration, a noise distracted everyone.
They looked hopefully for one of the band, and were instead looking at the screwed up face of Shannon.

"Is she telling you all lies about her and Bono? I was sure she'd come out here and try to impress everyone. Should I tell them all about how you were all over him last night?"

The malice in her eyes was evident to everybody as she glowered at Ria

"Don't do this to yourself, you already made a fool of yourself when you were drunk. Don't try and outdo yourself."

Trying to look intimidating Ria set her face in the meanest look as possbile. Wishing somebody like Larry would come out and make her go away.

"No, thats not how it went. You see your friend here tried all night to coax Bono into her trap and when that didn't work she tried Adam."
One dry laugh erupted from her mouth
A few gasps came from the small crowd

Shannon expected everyone to be in a agreement with her

The group told her to sod off

"Believe what you like," she tried not to look disappointed "But I'm going inside to inform the band that you are giving out information about their personal lives. Cheers."

"If that what it takes to get your ugly face out of mine then be my guest."

Shannon stomped off like an angry toddler, slamming the door behind her as she left.

Faces in the group looked surprised, then they shared and attitude of 'whatever, what were you saying Ria?'

They were all sitting around talking about the band like old friends. Ria finally felt like she fit in somewhere for a change

"He really bought you underwear?"
Giggles broke out

"Yeah! Black underwear too. I was so embarrased, and the lady at the cash register kept calling me his girlfriend. And I met his ex girlfriend too. What a grouch that one is."

One of the girls in the group looked especially irritated at the mention of her

"Oh she came by here once when I had brought a friend over who wanted to meet Bono. I think the woman said something like
'pathetic bunch of losers waiting for table scraps, at least I get the real thing.'
What a bitch."

Another girl piped up

"I've heard of how mean she is. As much as I would love to have Bono to myself I would much rather you have him than her."

Looking embarrased, Ria was about to tell them again that she wasn't going out with Bono when she saw him walking cockily their way.

Shreaks and giddy laughter emanated from the group while Ria, still sitting on the ground watched him appease the crowd.
He was so kind to everyone, giving hugs and kisses. Signing everything possible and seeming genuinely interested in every one of them.

Small tugs of jealousy pulled at Ria's heart but at the same time she enjoyed seeing all those people so happy to meet their hero.

Adam came out next to greet the fans and disappeared into the abyss of arms and lips and everything else a girl could put on him.
As the last fan went from Bono to Adam, his eyes met with Ria's, looking so patiently at him while he walked to her.

She looked so adorable sitting there against the wall with her knees drawn up to her chest like she sat a lot of the time.
Twice intercepted on his way to her, he finally made it and plunked down comfortably next to her.

He pressed his knee against hers and leaned his head on her shoulder as camera flashes shot off at them.

"You're making me into a celebrity."

"Shannon informed me not too long ago." He giggled "She was so mad I thought her eyes were going to pop. Told her I would punish you properly. In Miami."

She gasped. He hadn't really told her?
Bono grinned devilishly and raked his fingers through his short hair, which was very fuzzy and sticking up everywhere.

"You're terrible, I can't believe you told her that. Now I'm going to need a bodyguard to keep her from strangling me."

A young girl approached with a camera.
"Could I have a picture of you with your girlfriend please?"

Ria tried to correct the millionth person to think that
Bono swung his arm around her and pulled her in close

"Go ahead sweetheart."
Flash!
"Thank you Bono!"

She ran back to her parents to tell them she'd gotten a picture as they walked her back to the car and waved a thank you to Bono.

"Girlfriend?"
Bono shrugged and kissed her cheek, leaving a burning hole where his lips had been. His neck was dangerously close to her mouth again, inches away.
Close enough to bite
Definately close enough to smell
Ria was losing herself again
Getting closer

"They see what they want to. What did you tell the fans anway?"

"Huh?" Ria focused on his face again.
"Oh, right. Pretty much everything that's happened minus the shower scene and Shannon's little hissy fit last night. Thanks to her scene out here nobody likes her now anyway so I guess it doesn't matter."

"I don't know whether to be mad at her or laugh at her odd behaviour."

The short hairs on his head tickled Ria's neck, Bono had laid his head back down on her shoulder. She smoothed it down with her fingertips and leaned her head on top of his.

To the onlooker they seemed like a happy couple, sitting lovingly in each other's company.
In Ria's mind it was far more complicated
Why am I going along with this girlfriend act now?
How long will it last?
Why the hell does he like me?
It does feel so good just to sit here with him
Like lovers
Lovers we can never be

Bono knew what he wanted. Ria. Simple. And he intended to get her regardless of how long he had to wait. Nothing had been plainer to him since when he saw Ali the first time.....
Ali.....
Don't think of her now. That's been over for a long time. She's happy......think of Ria.....

Ria felt his head move slightly
She lifted her head up and looked at him
Bono moved his mind away from the direction it was taking and smiled.
"You getting hungry?"

"Famished. Where to tonight?"

"What do you feel like?"

"That's not fair, you can't make me choose. Do the others have plans?"

"Not that I know of. You know, I'm an eccelent cook."

Ria looked skeptical

"Somehow I have my doubts about that one."

Bono pursed his lips in a seriously offended expression and grunted, straightening himself up against the wall to get a better look at Ria

"With that attitude I doubt you'll ever find out."

"Come on, I'm sorry. It's just you're not the most co ordinated guy around and cooking takes mulit tasking skills. You're better at focusing your attention on one thing at a time."

"You didn't have to be so cold hearted." He sniffled in mock self pity.

"Come off it. Fine. Cook me breakfast tomorrow. What time do we fly out anyway?"

"Quarter after noon. Breakfast.....Does that mean you're staying over at my house?"

He looked hopeful.
I wish!!!!! NO Ria, you can't. Save your self control for Miami....

"Sorry, horndog, I'll come by in the morning."

"Damn, and I thought I finally had you under my spell. Oh well, I have a whole plane ride to try and make you fall in love with me."

He smiled that cocky, and heart rendering smile
Ria elbowed him in the ribs and told him there wasn't a chance.

"I'm in love with Larry. Hadn't you heard?"

"Oh, well I'll be getting rid of him then. Anybody can drum."

"Not me."

"Anybody with a brain then."
She didn't say anything mean back. She used a better defense mechanism. Pity
Looking dejected, she milked it for all she could.
Bono showered her with appologies, getting beyond flustered.
Finally she couldn't hold in her laughter any more and it burst out.

Larry appeared to see what the laughter was all about.

"Hey we were just talking about you!"

"Yeah, Ria just informed me that shes crazy about you." Bono donned a look of misery

"Is that so Ria?" Larry played the game

"Yeah. I think i want to marry you and have lots of kids. Too bad you're already taken."

"Things can change. Funny, I thought you were fixing on Bono- but if thats how you feel then we could work something-"

"Alright you guys!" Bono shouted at the two who were now laughing hysterically.
Larry helped Ria to her feet.

"C'mon love, we've got to start on the wedding invitations. How's tomorrow sound to you?"

"Not if I've anything to do with it."

Bono leapt to his feet and grabbed Ria by the waist, tossing her over his shoulder as she kicked in protest

"Larry help me!"
Adam came to the rescue from virtually nowhere

"What the devil are you doing? Put her down. You could hear her in Galway the way she's going on."

Bono reluctantly released her only to get a smack on the arm.

"Ouch!" he rubbed his arm where an imprint of Ria's hand showed up
"Guess I deserved that, but I'm never going to let you run off with Larry. He's a sorry old bastard with nothing to talk about but his motorcycle."
Bono still looked irritated

"For God's sake, I was joking."
He cracked a smile

"I know. Needed an excuse to throw you over m' shoulder."
He swung his arm back around her shoulder and looked around for Edge.

"Hes holing up with his guitar for a while. Are we eatin' or what?"
Larry looked around at his companions.

"I thought you were taking me out Larry." Ria winked at him.
Bono pulled her closer

"I'd like to live to see Miami, honey." He smiled a brilliant smile. It really was lovely when he didn't have photographers around to make him shy.

"Someplace quiet. Relaxing. I need it after today." Adam yawned, stretching his arms over his head and getting up on his toes like a cat.

Bono offered the name of a place and they all separated to go to their cars.

Back
Top Bottom