Here it is: The Caption Book Thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
3453%3A46323232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2325%3D4%3A3%3D627%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B%3A6%3A8%3B973ot1lsi

despite Edge's warnings, bono proceeded to poke the toast out of the toaster with a metal knife.

contributed by MooMoo! :applaud:

3453%3A49923232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2325%3D4%3A3%3D627%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B%3A6%3B666%3B%3Bot1lsi

Little did Larry know that as he trudged stoically up the beach, various articles of lingerie were floating in the water behind him for all to see. Next time, perhaps, he'll learn to zip up his suitcase more carefully, or better, leave his panties at home.

contributed by Lauryl :applaud:

...drumroll again please. The final caption in the caption book!!!!! (at least I think so. Outlook is being a total beyotch at the moment but if my memory is correct, Cassandra told me this is the final caption...)

3453977923232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2325%3D4%3A3%3D627%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B%3A5973%3B%3B7ot1lsi

:bono:: What do you mean, you deflated my beach ball collection??? Have you no humanity in you, woman??? Larry put you up to this, didn't he?? He never did like the yellow one...

contributed by Moondancer :applaud:

Although I have to add this. It's funny about that final cap and Larry and yellow.

Back in Zootopia days - old Zoo style, when it was a greenish bluish color with a font that was actually legible to anyone over 20 years old, I did a series of U2 themed Mad Libs. We had the boys in all kinds of funky clothes, and sometimes without clothes :ohmy:. But my favorite one was someone who got Larry to wear a lemon yellow thong. I then proceeded to collect all of the types of clothes the boys wore, and made a U2 Mad Lib Fashion Show (in which one of the Zootops kidnapped Bono and took him to her basement in England, and we had to mount a rescue effort, and MiniBono went to Burger King for some reason...anyway) Anyway we had Larry strut his stuff in his lemon yellow thong on the catwalk at the U2 Mad Lib Fashion Show. And for some reason that last cap reminds me of that. Whenever I see the words "Larry" and "yellow" in the same sentence, or even near each other, I think of Larry in a lemon yellow thong. Hey, a grrrrrl can dream, right??? :wink:

Oh yeah and we rescued Bono by stealing the big U2 heads from ZooTV era (had to check Bono's head in, because Bono's enormous ego came with it and it wouldn't fit on a seat in the plane - all the other members' heads fit fine in their seats) and confusing the gal that kidnapped Bono (I think her name was EvenBetter) by making her think he was running outside (when it was really one of the Zootops wearing the giant Bono head). Then we sprayed her down with silly string and trapped her and rescued our dear Bono.

Okay now I need to ice my wrists. Phew!

Last edited:
Am I the only one who feels like printing them all and decorating the house walls with U2 captions??
Great job everyone!! :lmao:

Major :applaud: for Lemon Grrrrrl!

Actually there are a few more captions to be seen, but I need to get them to LG and she needs to recover and then there is homes and families and jobs and well...we're not promising anything, but maybe later on in the or next week for the rest of them.

While there are some mix up in sequence, photos and credit (my apologies to MrsDarcy and to MooMoo! because you didn't get the proper credit in the book), you basically have the book.

And now a bit of an explanation: Yes, I know that some of the captions are "corny" but as I was running out of time and materials, my only concern was to get as many PLEBAns involved. If I had only picked the most funny captions, then the book would have consisted of about a dozen or so people instead of more than 50.

Once again major props to to LG!:bow: :bow: :bow:

Lemon Grrrrrl said:
Props to my sistah from another mistah Miringeltje for helping me find this pic! :bow: (You were smart enough to check the pic properties, I wasn't. I just saw the dreaded red X and ran away from it. You are a brave grrrrrl! :rockon: )

3453977923232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2325%3D4%3A3%3D627%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B%3A5977459ot1lsi

Just grabbing some ass between gigs.

contributed by MsGiggles :applaud:

The actual Anton Corbijn photo is Bono holding on to the donkey, hence the caption "Just grabbing some ass between gigs".

Cassandra said:
The actual Anton Corbijn photo is Bono holding on to the donkey, hence the caption "Just grabbing some ass between gigs".

At first I was like, I can NOT remember that there is another picture of Bono with the donkey.
But then it slowly came back to me.
And it took some online searching, but here it is:

bwithd.jpg

Lemon Grrrrrl said:
^ :hug: Awww, Mi!! You know I was just messin' with ya hon!! You're entitled to a brain fart every now and then.

Of course, I knew that.
My "high blunder score" post was my attempt of being as funny and witty as you are.
But I failed miserably!
That's OK though.

:laugh:
Brain farts.
:lol:

^ Sweetie, I think you've surpassed me in the funny and witty department. :bow:

Do ya like my new autosig? I don't know why but Snapfish made Bono shorter than everyone else. :sigh: I really didn't mean to do that!!! :angel:

P.S. You can now click on the picture to go directly to the caps site. I finally figured it out! I'm so proud. :hyper:

P.P.S. Oh alright I'll add the full size versions here too. :) Because I know you'll ask...:wink: (Edge's, Bono's, and Larry's are a wee bit different but I think it's for the better when they're bigger.)

Last edited:
Lemon Grrrrrl said:
^ Sweetie, I think you've surpassed me in the funny and witty department. :bow:

Do ya like my new autosig? I don't know why but Snapfish made Bono shorter than everyone else. :sigh: I really didn't mean to do that!!! :angel:

P.S. You can now click on the picture to go directly to the caps site. I finally figured it out! I'm so proud. :hyper:

:no:
I beg to differ.

We're both nuts though.
Why on earth aren't we sleeping like we're supposed to?

Totally :heart: the new sig.
And :applaud: on the figuring out part.
That's so FREAKING AWESOME that if you click on the picture, you'll go directly to the website!!

And too funny that Snapfish made Bono shorter than the rest.
Could they be on to something?
Although I can't seem to remember what exactly!
:wink:

Allright, I'm really heading to my bed now.

Back
Top Bottom