Help with photo hosting site?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Butterscotch

War Child
I am having trouble uploading pics to photobucket. Ever since they upgraded the site to add new features I am no longer able to upload any pics there. I have tried 3 browers. It says it's uploading but it freezes and the pics are never added. I have given up on this ever working again and am looking for an alternative hosting site. Is there something you Plebans can recommend that is something like photobucket, free, and post full size? Thanks for any advice.

That has actually happened to me a few times and recently. Then I got a message from Photobucket that my memory was full or whatever so I bought some more storage space for a year and all is well. There's lots of Photobucket-type websites out there....Yahoo has their own, or try Snapfish cuz I seem to hear their name a lot. Good luck.

I know I'm not full cuz I only have like 8 pics. Snapfish never worked for me the urls are too long and weird. Do yahoo's post on boards?

Have you tried image shack?

http://www.imageshack.us/

About the trouble you're having with your photobucket account, have you tried contacting them about this problem? I had some problem with my photobucket account a couple of months ago and there was no apparent reason for it, (i.e. I wasn't over my bandwidth limit or anything) so I sent sent them a polite but irate message and that seemed to do the trick! :yes:

Last edited:
Regarding yahoo photo storage, they discontinued that last fall and, as far as I know, have not offered an alternative. At that time they were telling everyone to transfer their pix to photobucket, snapfish, or flickr. :shrug: I purchase the additional storage on photobucket each year, and haven't had any problems.

I think hcbiggs2002 is right: contact photobucket and raise hell (politely, of course).

MsPurrl said:
Regarding yahoo photo storage, they discontinued that last fall and, as far as I know, have not offered an alternative.

Flickr is Yahoo, I believe. I use Flickr. I pay for a pro account, but that gives me more options as far as sorting into sets/collections. I keep all my photos on Flickr as a backup. It is free to sign up and I've never had trouble hotlinking my Flickr pics.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom