HELP (Quickly!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vlasak

Acrobat
I just heard on our local radio station that there have been Bono sightings here in Austin (texas) for the ACL Fest. How can I find out for sure? Anyone know anything?

Galeongirl said:
It's not Bono, it's an impersonator who must not be named here....

yes, but you're authorized to beat him down if you bump into Mr. Nameless, vlasak. :madspit:

vlasak said:
No kidding? You serious?

vlasak, it probably is the impersonator but since no one knows for sure right now, I don't see how anyone can be completely sure one way or the other.:ohmy:

BTW, do you have tix for the ACL Fest? If he does show up, it would be there.

:bonodrum: :hi5:

Yes, "no one knows for sure", but only an idiot would think that it's the real Bono given that we know for certain that Pavel Sfera, the Bono impersonator, will be there (I'm just reporting the facts from his own website), and there is absolutely zero reason to think that Bono would be there. I mean, WTF would he?

Yes - I do have tix for ACL. Unfortunately, I don't know a lot about this impersonator - actually, make that nothing.:huh: Biff - I detetecting a note of SOMETHING in your words. Like, ACL is not good enough for Bono? Do you know anything about it? Have you been?

vlasak said:
Yes - I do have tix for ACL. Unfortunately, I don't know a lot about this impersonator - actually, make that nothing.:huh: Biff - I detetecting a note of SOMETHING in your words. Like, ACL is not good enough for Bono? Do you know anything about it? Have you been?

I'm not entirely sure, but I believe Biff was referring to the fact that there was no known reason for Bono to be in Austin right now. The ACL event isn't going on right now, is it? I was under the impression that it was a few days away. I'm not even from the area (which is stretching it, I live in Michigan), but I thought I read that somewhere. I think Biff was just stating that Bono probably wouldn't be in Austin just to hang out.:wink:

Last edited:
:eyebrow: ya think? Ok - sounds plausible!:yes: ACL officially starts tomorrow. I wish Bono would be in Austin just to hang out - it's a stretch but that's what I live on lately. Austin's a great place to hang out. It's possible, hell, anything's possible. (see what I mean about stretching?)

Voldemort must be pretty hot then. :D

I think he's in NYC...according to other Plebans.

he was in Austin. Was there to check out the mumbler, bob dylan's performance. I heard that he might have taken the stage. Let's just hope that over the years he's learned some of dylan's songs. It shouldn't be too hard, all he has to do is to mumble.

msdw59 said:
he was in Austin. Was there to check out the mumbler, bob dylan's performance. I heard that he might have taken the stage. Let's just hope that over the years he's learned some of dylan's songs. It shouldn't be too hard, all he has to do is to mumble.

Well, there you go then.

msdw59 said:
I heard that he might have taken the stage.

Has anyone else heard this? Does anyone have any pics or actual accounts of this Bono and Dylan performance?
This has been the only mention of this alleged appearance.

Otherwise, if someone saw "Bono" in the lovely town of Austin, I still suspect that it was the impersonator (pavel sfera) who was known to have been in Austin at that exact time (according to his own website).

Does anyone have any real, confirmable info on this?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom