Help needed! School project : U2!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jenni_Anne

The Fly
Okay, Please help!
I have to do a talk in English class on a hobby, belief, lifestyle or something i feel strongly about... Basically, U2, U2, U2, or U2.
So... where to start??
I made a list of stuff i wanted to include in the talk that went like this
The Lemon is cool!
Bono's gorgeous.
Leather and shades
Larry's cute
Bono's gorgeous.
And admits to having multiple personalities.
Naomi Campbell's a bitch
Adam's funny
Spoons
Larry's cute
Bono's gorgeous.
Edge is cute too.
He's also causing a shortage of beanies in third-world countries.
But isn't Bono lovely because he does so much for charity?
Bono's gorgeous.

Insane, no? But i was in a maths lesson, so insanity excused. Anyway, understandable (just) to Plebans, but i realy need help making the greatness that is U2 understandable for all of my english class (minus one who is a fellow fan. Thank goodness.)

I'm going to use powerpoint, so I'm thinking of using a few slashy pics, and saying 'Some people think that there's something going on between Bono and Edge. *cue risque pics* but I'm not sure...'
Also I've got the bit about U2 being in the Guiness book of records because they *jointly with the beatles* have made the most stuidio albums for any band. (which means if they make one more they'll beat the beatles!) And how the Joshua tree was the fastest selling album in UK history.
Heh. My english teacher had a car crash in her teens cause she was listening to Boy. HAVE to get something about that in there. (She's cool, she'll let me. Of course she's cool she likes U2, though she said she's almost stopped listening to them after that.)
So, anymore scraps of U2 info out there? Anyone able to translate Plebanese into normal people english? Please reply!
Jenni xxx

Last edited:
I don't know if I'd put in anything about Naomi Campbell being a bitch...and don't just focus on their looks (I know...we think they are hot, but you need a little more substance!). You don't want the guys in your class to be rollin' their eyes. Also...I would stick to the facts and not do that whole "some people think there's something going on between Bono and Edge"...because they only people that do are some of you...in your dreams. :D Also, to keep from focusing a lot on looks, make it a little deeper (u2sangel had a good suggestion).

Also...is JT still the fastest selling album in UK history?? I thought that record had been broken...:scratch:

Jenni_Anne said:
Anyone able to translate Plebanese into normal people english?
:ohmy:................:scratch:.......................................................:huh:..............................What about: :drool:!!!!!!

FallingStar said:

:ohmy:................:scratch:.......................................................:huh:..............................What about: :drool:!!!!!!

AHAHAAH, eeeee that was funny:lol:

Back
Top Bottom