help me out a little...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stories for Boys

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
hey girls (and guys too ;))...

i've been feeling really weird lately...i dunno...just feel like i'm stuck in a rut lately...my life isn't going anywhere...i really need some cheering up, and i know you guys are always here for me...

lately i've had this odd sensation that i'm gonna screw something up down the line and ruin all the wonderful things god has given to me...i just can't let everyone down, and somehow i think i will...i know this is probably going to be one of those "normal" things (considering i'll be starting college next year). i just feel so inadequate...like i don't deserve stuff...i can't even rationalize anything...i can't even sleep...

anyway, i just need some major help here...i'm stressing out about all the little stuff...whatever you can do...i'm really feeling low...:slant:

Last edited:
(((Stories for Boys))) I know what you're feeling. It happens to me too sometimes. What works for me when I'm feeling down is thinking that tomorrow will be a new day, and that things will look different then. It's not much, but I hope this helps.

thanks fj...i know it's really fatalistic and all, but to me that means tomorrow is just another day i might screw something up...ruin a relationship...but that's another issue...

Laura ((hugs))..I was feeling that way too when I was going to start college. For me it was just the thought of starting again, a whole new school, more hard work, etc.
Don't let these things overwhelm you. Like you said it is normal to feel this way and one can't help it.
Just remember to throw your burden upon God.
For me praying helps a lot and reading the Bible.
Feel better and you could always PM or Email me.

thanks lise...i feel like (don't laugh at the reference) "do you feel loved"...

"and it looks like sun, but it feels like rain"

Stories for Boys said:
hey girls (and guys too ;))...

i've been feeling really weird lately...i dunno...just feel like i'm stuck in a rut lately...my life isn't going anywhere...i really need some cheering up, and i know you guys are always here for me...

lately i've had this odd sensation that i'm gonna screw something up down the line and ruin all the wonderful things god has given to me...i just can't let everyone down, and somehow i think i will...i know this is probably going to be one of those "normal" things (considering i'll be starting college next year). i just feel so inadequate...like i don't deserve stuff...i can't even rationalize anything...i can't even sleep...

anyway, i just need some major help here...i'm stressing out about all the little stuff...whatever you can do...i'm really feeling low...:slant:

SFB, hi honey,
don't worry yourself about this. You seem to be a very insightful and intelligent person, and the fact that you are preparing for your future shows that you are not willing to waste it. There is nothing so drastic that you can screw up, Especially in God's eyes, that is not reversable.

I can relate to you because I often feel "spoiled" by things I have in my life, but I have come to realize we should accept those gifts and use them to our advantage to give back to other people and to fulfill desires within ourselves.

Do not worry about college- *Everything happens for a reason* and I know this for fact! Do not let that stress you out- you have a LOT to look forward to and many things to experience! Trust me, it will all make you a stronger woman. If you ever need to chat PM or email me!

*hugs* ~Olive

(((Laura)))

I don't really know what to say expect that I've been there too...and am still there in a lot of ways...sometimes it hits really hard. You have to have confidence in yourself, though. You ARE facing a scary time in life. I was just there last year, and I think in many ways I'll always be there. College is a BIG change. I think the only way that I got through it was remembering that I had made it this far without really screwing up, and remembering that no matter what happened, whether I screwed up or was really successful, I could learn something about myself and about other people. Those things have carried me. Along with a lot of ATYCLB and remembering that I had many people who loved me and were behind me and would be there no matter what happened. So my advice would be to take some time and maybe write about your feelings, or sing about them, some sort of personal therapy...take a deep breath and remember that no matter what happens you can learn and you can grow and you will still be loved!

*hugs*

Laura, don't let this pressure suffocate you. You have a lot to look forward to.

i came back to post this pic though :) i love looking at it when i feel down

adam05.jpg

*sigh*

i generally just like to daydream...imagine what could be in the "perfect world" but then i wish parts of it would come true...i'll try reading more...

and olive, thanks. i love that pic...it makes me feel better.

((((((((Laura))))))))

tonyfront.jpg

('cept, y'know, without that whole *cough* one-winged-flying-in-circles-birds and *coughcough* HAZ MAT suits thing...)

U2%20Concert%20-%20Stage%20Preparation.jpg

u2.gif

That may not help, but I just thought I'd let you know!
you know my number//email//etc...(((hugs)))

(((((Laura))))))

It is perfectly natural to feel that way... you are going to be going into a new environment (college) and you know things are going to be different. I think you are putting too much pressure on yourself to do well, just take a deep breath and take things as they come, one step at a time.

Can I ask if you have scholarships? Maybe that part of your anxiety, feeling like you won't be able to keep up your GPA and lose your scholarship.

This was probably why you had the dream you did (yes I was paying attention in chat ;) ). I'll PM you about that.

Remember take things one step at a time, and we are always here to help (well unless it's Quantum Physics, then I wouldn't be the best person to ask ;) ).

daisybean said:
(well unless it's Quantum Physics, then I wouldn't be the best peron to ask ;) ).

then you can ask me!
I had/am still having the same problem when I started college... mainly because my major isn't really what I want to do in life. That can't be helped though in my case.
I'm not good with advice really.. *hugs*

daisybean said:
Can I ask if you have scholarships? Maybe that part of your anxiety, feeling like you won't be able to keep up your GPA and lose your scholarship.

o yeah...a few...biggies...

thanks so much ladies...i knew my pleba sistahs could help me out...i feel much better now...and i know exactly why i'm stressed...so i'll just have to learn to chill...

*SUPER HUGS* i don't know what i'd do without all of you

I know... here, come cry on Bluey's shoulder. *hug*

I've been feeling super crappy lately myself, mostly for lack of job and money issues. Thusly, I feel the need to share with you my list of cheer up stuff:

1) TENACIOUS D!!!!!! OMG the funniest band in the WORLD! Jack Black kicks major ass and it's impossible to listen to that cd and be gloomy.

2) Chocolate chip cookie dough

3) Sock puppets galore... need I haul out bonosock!!!??? (omg the typo there was unpublishable!!!! O_O)

4) Kareoke my friends... drunk kareoke... there is nothing like hearing a drunk guy sing "YOU MAKE ME FEEL LIKE A NATURAL WOMAAAAAAAAAAAAN"

hope that helps!
-Tenacious B

A TEENY BIT OF ADVICE...

a TEENY but WORTHY bit of advice, you can apply to many stressful situations...

NOTHING is as bad as it seems, unless it is LIFe threatening...

It's is TOTALLY all in the MIND

Think POSITIVE... ALWAYS!

{i've been in those situations b4}

i thought of something to say...it wont change anything, but i wanted to tell you that i don't mind a bit that you posted what you felt and i know someone here feels the same as you, and someone will probably be able to say something useful.

i just wanted you to know PLEBAns will always listen. Even if this particular PLEBAn has nothing useful to offer, other than an ear.

Back
Top Bottom