Help me name my puppy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok so I don't have it yet...I am on a wait list for a litter that is going to be born in January! If the mom has enough babies I will get one...if not the next litter...different mom is due in February!

Anyway, this is my first dog that is completely mine, not my parents. LOL.

I am getting a Westie

gregory.jpg

tiny.jpg

901.jpg

Anyway...I have a few names in mind...ultimately I think the puppy will earn it's name when I see it, but here are the names I am kickin' around so far...

If I get a boy:
Max
Guthrie
Murray
Dudley

If I get a girl:
Moira
Presley
Sade
Madison

I would really love it if you guys had suggestions...I love unusual names or cute dorky name like guthrie and dudley...but any unusual names would be appreciated!

*excited*

Last edited:
Well, I told you most of these already...
and most of 'em are rejected names for my cats :yes:

SKELETOR
Mephistopheles
Moly, then get it blessed so it's Holy Moly
Cerberus, I've always wanted to name a dog Cerberus.. or Orthus, though Orthus gets killed by Heracules.
Mangler
Willy
ummmmm... back later maybe

AWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!! Hmmm, for a Westie, if it's high strung, Trouble. I call my Yorkie Hell-Dog, but that's just me. I usually give my pets food names, Hell-Dog is actually Pickles, but what about a musical name like Ringo or even Sparky?

Westies are SO :cute: !!! I *think* they are from Scotland originally, so maybe a Scottish name? I can't think of any right now...how about Braveheart? or Mel? :D

How about boy-Bruce..girl-Patti :D Edge or Morleigh? hehe

I love the name Madison

Good luck w/ your puppy-Westies are great dogs, but they can be a handful *lol*

it kinda makes me sad when i hear about people spending money to get a purebred dog. there are soooooo many nice dogs in shelters that get put to sleep every day. i'm not tryin to rain on your parade fishy - it's your money and it's your choice how you spend it. i myself would like a golden retriever someday, but i'm gonna put my name on a waiting list at the local shelters and humane societies to call me when they get one in. my dad just got one a few months ago that way and it is the sweetest dog ever.
sorry i just couldn't hold it in. :(

bonosloveslave said:
it kinda makes me sad when i hear about people spending money to get a purebred dog. there are soooooo many nice dogs in shelters that get put to sleep every day. i'm not tryin to rain on your parade fishy - it's your money and it's your choice how you spend it. i myself would like a golden retriever someday, but i'm gonna put my name on a waiting list at the local shelters and humane societies to call me when they get one in. my dad just got one a few months ago that way and it is the sweetest dog ever.
sorry i just couldn't hold it in. :(

I understand what you're saying, and it's a very sad situation. But it's not always the best thing for everyone to get a puppy from a shelter. There's no way of knowing what characteristics the dog will have when it grows up, or if it will adapt well to the place you live, for example. With breed dogs, you have a clearer idea of a lot of things, like the size of the dog, what level of activity it needs, the possible health conditions it may be prone to, if it's easy to train, obedient, stubborn and all of that.

I wish every single dog (and cat ;) ) had a home where it would be loved and taken good care of, but I also think that some families/people need breed dogs for all the reasons stated above. :)

BTW, my first dog was not a pure breed dog, but she was the best dog ever, she lived with us for 15 years and she was a member of the family, so I'm not saying you can't get the *perfect* dog from a shelter. We certainly did! But I'm only saying it's more a matter of luck than with pure breeds. <---- if it's from a GOOD breeder.

Fishy, from your list I like Moira and Max. My next dog will be Mr. MacPhisto. :yes:

Last edited:
BLS I agree with you...no worries! My first three dogs were from shelters, but Westies are so rare in Maryland that I might have to wait up to a year for one to be brought in. The last Westie that was brought into the shelter that I deal with was over a year and a half ago!

I've had two mutts who we loved and now we have a sheltie/border collie mix.

:)

I whole-heartedly support shelters!

:)

335%3A6%3A5523232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3235%3E6%3C%3B%3E492%3Ewsnrcg%3D32323963%3C%3A%3A48nu0mrj

That's Abby, the sheltie/border collie mix that we have right now!

Isn't she a cutie! We love how one of her ears sticks straight up and how one folds down like a shelties should!

She is such a ham...everytime I get out the camera she strikes a pose!

So yes PLEASE support you local shelters!!! I just really have my heart set on a westie!

name it... BAAAAHROOAAAR
or Goatzilla :shifty:

With the shelter thing, some of you know my extreme reproducing cats problem back home... we found all 11 kittens we gave away good homes cos I would NOT let Mom give them to a shelter.

Call it steinhegvanhuysenolegbangbangbangbang! (if y'all didn't know, this was Bono's name between Paul and Bono. :eeklaugh: )

I mean, this is a U2 forum, the name has to have _some_ connections, right?

Imagine shouting that down the park!

If you called it Bono, or (insert fave U2 guy here) then the possibilities would be endless:
"Bono usually sleeps in his basket, but sometimes he sleeps with me..."
"Bono! Bad boy!" :macdevil:
"Bono, fetch!"
"Bono, stop licking me!" :eeklaugh:

Love n' lemons, Jen.

P.S. 'Tis my 16th birthday today... I can now legally marry Adam or Larry. Bono if I got Ali out the way... *plots*
:( Was kinda hoping someone would notice, but i guess I'm not really known very well in PLEBA yet...

AWWWwww what an adorable dog Fishy!!

I think you should name him Goldie. Put your names together u get a goldfish. :sexywink:

Or Brazil. After Edge's style haircut. :silent: Course then you'd probably shorten it to "bra" and who wants a dog named bra? :huh: :wink:

:angel:

You guys are cracked out...LMAO...

I can't name it anything U2 related because my room mate Jeramee has put a veto on those names...LOL

I even tried to sneak "Hewson" under the radar but no dice, he figured me out! LOL

I like Guthrie & Moira!

I have two mutts too, a 3 year old & a 2 year old - my kiddies:rolleyes:
Tobie - well I don't what kind of dog she is but she's like a sheep
dog mix or something like that.
Tombo is a pitbull/canary mastiff mix
They were both given to me by coworkers and
as you can see they have the run of the house.
335%3A87%3B923232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2327%3D64%3B%3D473%3Dxroqdf%3E23233527%3B32%3B6ot1lsi

Jenni_Anne said:
If you called it Bono, or (insert fave U2 guy here) then the possibilities would be endless:
"Bono usually sleeps in his basket, but sometimes he sleeps with me..."
"Bono! Bad boy!" :macdevil:
"Bono, fetch!"
"Bono, stop licking me!" :eeklaugh:

Love n' lemons, Jen.

P.S. 'Tis my 16th birthday today... I can now legally marry Adam or Larry. Bono if I got Ali out the way... *plots*
:( Was kinda hoping someone would notice, but i guess I'm not really known very well in PLEBA yet... [/B]

I named my fish Bono, can't do much with that. Happy birthday!!!!

FishNeedsABicycle said:

I even tried to sneak "Hewson" under the radar but no dice, he figured me out! LOL

What about Redge? RocknRoll Doggie? Sparky? Spoons? Snarly? Shortie? Pop? Ropa? BRex? Guggi?

he can't know ALL those names!! :sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom