HELP!!! Major attraction - should I pursue him???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi everyone! I've already posted this in "Lemonade Stand", but thought the PLEBA girls might be able to help me out with this one...

This is a strange question to post on a U2 message board, but here goes...
I'm just wondering whether anyone could offer me some advice. There is a guy I have been working with for about 3 months who I am madly attracted to. The first time I saw him I felt an immediate attraction to him. A lot of the time when we are in the office alone, I feel as if you could cut the air with a knife, the sexual energy feels so intense at least on my part (don't get me wrong - this is not a pure lust thing - I'm looking for a relationship!). Is it possible for one person to feel this sensation so strongly and the other to feel nothing??? I desperately hope that he is feeling something too!!!

He is kind of shy, but we talk and I at least think he likes me as a friend. I have been looking for signals from him that he is interested on a deeper level, but am not sure. My problem is that he is leaving work in a week's time, and I need to do something (and fast!!!) so that I might be able to see him again. What should I do??? I was thinking of giving him my number, but if I do (I'm chicken!), when should I (do I wait till the last minute before he leaves to avoid the embarrassment of possible rejection???), and what should I say to make sure he knows I want him to call me soon??? (without sounding desperate!) Please help me - I am absolutely dying here!!!
eek.gif
It's driving me crazy, and am thinking about him all the time!!!

Thanks for listening to my rant!!!!

Any suggestions???

------------------
"I'll see you again, when the stars fall from the sky, and the moon has turned red, over One Tree Hill"

Go for it! What do you have to lose!

Just go up and say something along the lines of.... hey, I know you're leaving but I've really enjoyed your company and would love to see you again. Here's my number.

Or something like that. If he doesn't call well you're no worse off... but I bet he does.

smile.gif

Good luck!

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

I'm in agreement with Crzy.

If it works out, then that's fabulous! And if it doesn't, you won't have to see him again. Do you want to always have to wonder, 'what if'? Go for it!!!

Good luck.
smile.gif

------------------
I dig my toes into the sand. The ocean looks like a 1,000 diamonds strewn across a blue plain. I lean against the wind, pretend that I am weightless. And in this moment I am happy... happy.

Love,
Emily

I wish you were here.

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
Emily's Wallpapers

[This message has been edited by madonna's child (edited 04-04-2002).]

yeah go for it girlie!!! If you don't try it then you won't know if he really does like you...what if he feels the same about you ya know...so I say just take a deep breath go up to him and give him your number or ask him for his and tell him that you'd like to go out for a couple of drinks or a cup of coffee sometime
smile.gif
That never hurts anyone *hugs*

Awwww! Thanks guys. I know I have to do something. I guess I'm a bit scared though because I've been out of the whole dating thing for a long time - I have been in a long term relationship that didn't work out. I think that's just making it harder for me to deal with.

Any more advice? I'll let you know what happens...

LD

Thanks again girls - I'll just have to try to pluck up the courage next week...I'm gonna do it - I have to!!!
biggrin.gif

I still keep looking for signals he likes me. He did something really sweet for me the other day though. He offered to put away a stack of files for me (I was really busy and he had some time to do it to help me out...). Don't know if this was just because he's just a really nice guy and he'd do it for anyone, or whether there was more to it than that. Surely it's a good sign at least - what a darling!!!

By the way, I didn't mention before that he looks a bit like our old buddy Larry Mullen Jnr (OK - if you squint a bit!!!)
biggrin.gif

I'll keep you posted - developments to happen next week!!!

------------------
"I'll see you again, when the stars fall from the sky, and the moon has turned red, over One Tree Hill"

Originally posted by Crzy4Bono:

Just go up and say something along the lines of.... hey, I know you're leaving but I've really enjoyed your company and would love to see you again. Here's my number.

Then, to really get his attention - give him hard kiss good-bye (with plenty of tongue) and expose your breasts to him.

Yes. I'm sure that will get his attention.

biggrin.gif

Yeah that's happened to me before. Unfortunately it didn't work out, though. I never really believed in the whole love at first sight thing until then, and there's nothing like it, believe me. I say, speak up and go for it...you really have nothing to lose. If it doesn't work out, he's gone anyways for awhile, and at least you'll know and not be wondering and kicking yourself for the rest of your life for not trying. Best of Luck, luv!

Thanks gals! I'll be at work in the morning. I'll see if anything happens tomorrow...(I'm dying to see him again!!!).

LD

------------------

Back
Top Bottom