HELP - Looking for specific Bono pic!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonofied U

Acrobat
Hi,

I just lost an auction on eBay of this picture. :sad:

337%3C467523232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2327%3D734%3D454%3Dxroqdf%3E23233%3C3548832ot1lsi

Does anyone have this mag or pic, and would be willing to scan it bigger? PLEASE! If you do I'd be sooooooooooooooooooo greatful! Thank you :)

I had that magazine but I sold it on eBay a while back. It's from a series of about 16 magazines and that's one of the last ones. It's a tiny magazine (The size is about 8 1/2 x 11 folded in half! and only about 15-20 pages) and wasn't worth the money I spent on it......just an FYI if you are going to try to bid on another one, or one in the series, I wouldn't spend too much money on it because it's nothing special. I was extremely disappointed in it.

As to the picture.....I looked in my folder with my eBay scans and I don't have it anymore.

arw9797 said:
I had that magazine but I sold it on eBay a while back. It's from a series of about 16 magazines and that's one of the last ones. It's a tiny magazine (The size is about 8 1/2 x 11 folded in half! and only about 15-20 pages) and wasn't worth the money I spent on it......just an FYI if you are going to try to bid on another one, or one in the series, I wouldn't spend too much money on it because it's nothing special. I was extremely disappointed in it.

As to the picture.....I looked in my folder with my eBay scans and I don't have it anymore.

Aww, ok. Thanks for the info and help anyway! Hope someone has a scan of it.

Did you try e-mailing the winning bidder? The same thing happened to me once and the person was kind enough to scan the pic for me... Who knows? :shrug:

flaming june said:
Did you try e-mailing the winning bidder? The same thing happened to me once and the person was kind enough to scan the pic for me... Who knows? :shrug:

Hey not a bad idea! Thanks :)

Moonlit_Angel said:
Don't have the magazine, no.

But man, is that a great picture. :drool:.

Angela

That's ok, hehe. :) Yeah, when I found it I was like :hyper: :eek: :happy: LOL. I love everything about it.

I had that mag a LOOONG time ago. I think that was one of the pics I had on my wall until it disentigrated :sad:

Bonofied U, it is good to see another War/UF Bono loving girl here! :yes: :love: :hug: I have loads of pics from that era and if you need any more for your site let me know, I'll post them! :wave:

Last edited:
oliveu2cm said:
Wonderful picture

Isn't it tho? heheh :drool: My expression was :eek: when I first saw it LOL. ;)

U2Kitten said:
I had that mag a LOOONG time ago. I think that was one of the pics I had on my wall until it disentigrated :sad:

Bonofied U, it is good to see another War/UF Bono loving girl here! :yes: :love: :hug: I have loads of pics from that era and if you need any more for your site let me know, I'll post them! :wave:

Aww! Sorry to hear about your magazine! :hug:

Aww shucks, thanks! Yep, I'm a definite bono loving - any era, even mullet loving girl! I would LOVE to see more pix from that era and would love any help for the site -- thank you so much, that's so sweet of you! Always love to see your posts, thanks for taking the time to share your pix with us Bonogirls! :hyper:

Thanks BonofiedU! :hug: It's always good to see your posts too. I am a big mullet lover :cute: I'll try to find some of the less common pics and post them! I can't wait to see your site, I know as much as you love Bono it's going to be so good! :up: I'll donate any pics you want or need!

U2Kitten said:
Thanks BonofiedU! :hug: It's always good to see your posts too. I am a big mullet lover :cute: I'll try to find some of the less common pics and post them! I can't wait to see your site, I know as much as you love Bono it's going to be so good! :up: I'll donate any pics you want or need!

You're welcome, U2Kitten! :hug: Aww shucks, thanks :cute: Oh, yes me too! I know some girls don't dig the mullet -- but I sure do! I think he looks adoreable no matter what he does. Altho I'm glad the popmart hair didn't last long (hey noone smack me for that LOL). Thanks, that'll be great! I just caught your leather day thread, woohoo! :hyper: Aww, thanks! I can't wait for you all to see my site -- I'm trying to brainstorm for it now, thinking of what to do to make it unique and fun for all Bono-addicts hehe -- especially you all. Thanks for being so sweet and offering to donate pix -- it's so appreciated! And I love sharing the Bono goodness! :yes:

I agree about the Popmart look, that was the only one I didn't like, so I won't smack you. I'm glad to see someone who understands. It just took away his 'prettiness' IMO. Hair makes his face look better I think. He has such lovely hair :love:

I'll be finding you some pics! :) I'm trying to make folders now, in my collection of almost 4000 :huh: ah, but it's a labor of love! :heart: :sexywink:

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:
I agree about the Popmart look, that was the only one I didn't like, so I won't smack you. I'm glad to see someonen who understands. It just took away his 'prettiness' IMO. He has such lovely hair :love:

I'll be finding you some pics! :)

Whew, glad you understand, somehow I knew you would heheh. ;) Yeah, that's what upset me when I saw that he had cut it off - I was like "NOOOOO" LOL. I mean he still had the same Bono face we all know and love, just it's hard to get used to him w/ short hair like that after he's had it long for so long. Actually to be honest, it didn't seem like he liked the haircut much either, IMO (he wore hoods a lot LOL.) I'm glad to see he's growing it back out. :yes:

Ok, great!! I'm looking forward to seeing them!!

GRR one thing I miss about not being a premium member is the ability to be able to IM :p

That buzz look completely changed the way he looked and not for the better if you ask me. :tsk:

I love the original pic on this page. Long touseled hair and a leather jacket, seductive stare, just my type!

wavesofregret said:
That buzz look completely changed the way he looked and not for the better if you ask me. :tsk:

I love the original pic on this page. Long touseled hair and a leather jacket, seductive stare, just my type!

Yeah, I just don't think the buzz cut fits him. Actually I like anyway he comes, cause he's always Bono to me ;) But, I prefer anything longer than the buzz cut heheh.

Yeah, I agree with your comments about the pic. :yes:

Last edited:
I know what you mean. I like all his looks except the shaved and really close cropped ones. They just don't look good on him, he needs more hair than that. I like every other style. He looks good with short hair just not scalped;)

Here's some examples of good looking short 'do's-

darkshades.jpg

bonoeyesmile2.jpg

bonomaroonshades.jpg

bonoesl.jpg

:drool: He's fine with these looks, just no shorter please! :sad: Of course, I prefer it longer;) I think shoulder length suits him well. I know his hair must be fun to paint! :cute:

I'm going to go post some pics in the new Red Rocks thread, and I'll post some more 80's pics later here too. I posted a bunch of Live Aid ones on the Live Aid thread in EYKIW and so did some other people if you want to see them! :wave:

U2Kitten said:
I know what you mean. I like all his looks except the shaved and really close cropped ones. They just don't look good on him, he needs more hair than that. I like every other style. He looks good with short hair just not scalped;)

Yeah, exactly! Certain hair styles fit certain shapes of the face usually. And I think a buzz cut on him just does not fit his face structure. Longer hair enhances his features.

:drool: He's fine with these looks, just no shorter please! :sad: Of course, I prefer it longer;) I think shoulder length suits him well. I know his hair must be fun to paint! :cute:

Yeah! I miss the JT hair, but hey, I love the waves and flips he gets with shorter do's as well. And let me tell you, with any medium, I really have fun doing the waves and how his hair sits. Others might find it tedius, but me, painting the hair is one of my favorite things about 2D/3D art.

I'm going to go post some pics in the new Red Rocks thread, and I'll post some more 80's pics later here too. I posted a bunch of Live Aid ones on the Live Aid thread in EYKIW and so did some other people if you want to see them! :wave:

Ok, GREAT! I'm SO EXCITED!! :hyper: Thank you again for sharing your Bono pix with us! :hug: :applaud: You rock!

Last edited:
The day I saw Bono grew his hair back I was the happiest person in the world :love: :)

Originally posted by Bonofied U
Longer hair enhances his features

Exactly. It takes a true artist to see that :sexywink: I think he looks much better with longer hair. Talking about the hair flips gets me so excited! I'd love to see him do that again!

Last edited:
Seabird said:
The day I saw Bono grew his hair back I was the happiest person in the world :love: :)

You and me both! When I saw him starting to grow it again, I knew he had just gone through a phase. I bet he missed his hair during Popmart -- which could explain the hoods. :wink:

Exactly. It takes a true artist to see that :sexywink: I think he looks much better with longer hair. Talking about the hair flips gets me so excited! I'd love to see him do that again!

Aww, shucks -- thanks! :cute: I just notice details about everything LOL. Especially about our Bono ;) Yes, I agree -- longer hair suits his face and features a lot better. Ooo, and what about the lovetown tour hair. LONG - wow. hehe. :hyper:

The Pop look I could deal with so long as he was wearing that green army-type outfit and that hat, and I liked his look in the "Staring At The Sun" video.

But other than that, yeah, I'm not a fan of that Pop look, personally, either (like I've said before, though, I will take the Pop look over him going completely bald. He is to never, ever, EVER go bald again).

The long hair is definitely my favorite. Late 80s was a very good time for Bono lookswise. :yes: :up:. There's just something cool about the way he'd run his hand through his long hair. And whenever he had it in a ponytail and had a hat on at the same time...:up: :drool:.

And I'm glad to see that it's starting to get long again, too. Yay! :D.

I did like his other hairdos-I thought the way he wore his hair in the early days made him look absolutely adorable-that messy hair against that innocent-looking face was so cute. And the AB-era look was great, too.

But JT/R&H era hair is the best, in my opinion.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:
The Pop look I could deal with so long as he was wearing that green army-type outfit and that hat, and I liked his look in the "Staring At The Sun" video.

Thanks for offering your input! :)

Yeah, exactly! I think that every time I see the video heh. I like it when he has the army stuff on or when he was with Pavarotti in the mid 90's.

But other than that, yeah, I'm not a fan of that Pop look, personally, either (like I've said before, though, I will take the Pop look over him going completely bald. He is to never, ever, EVER go bald again).

Yeah, that's true. I think he did that for like a very short period he shaved it completely off and then let it grow. And his hair is too, too beautiful to just cut off like that. I think I read in Rolling Stone he said something like he did it to freak out the golfers on a golf course LOL! :lol:

The long hair is definitely my favorite. Late 80s was a very good time for Bono lookswise. :yes: :up:. There's just something cool about the way he'd run his hand through his long hair. And whenever he had it in a ponytail and had a hat on at the same time...:up: :drool:.

Yeah, me too. That's one of my favorite eras and it really showed off the texture of his hair. Yeah the Irish cowboy... woohoo! :cute:

I did like his other hairdos-I thought the way he wore his hair in the early days made him look absolutely adorable-that messy hair against that innocent-looking face was so cute. And the AB-era look was great, too.

Yeah, I like all eras of him. I can even stand the Popmart era as long as he wears a hat ;) LOL or like the IGWSHA video. But you're right about the early days -- he still have some broad features -- but the hair cut really brought out the boyish side - ADOREABLE. Yet, he always seems to have that flash of childlike innocence, IMO.

Thanks for sharing! :up:

Last edited:
The Boy look did suit his face back then, and that was the common typical hairstyle of the day. I would rather Larry had kept his longer fluffed hair too. He was very cute.

Back to the Pop, sorry, but I can't even take the army outfit one. He looked like Fidel Castro :no: When he has the longer hair and his cap is backwards, that looks fine, but the shaved hair and and forward cap, especially with the whiskers, was not good for me. I also didn't dig the hooded look, he reminded me of the scary emperor in Return of the Jedi! I hope he will always have enough hair to frame his face. I think he knows he looks better like that and maybe Ali has told him too! He looks fine now, but I will always dream of this~~
337%3C884%3B23232%7Ffp6%3B%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3A94%3D599%3Dxroqdf%3E23233926%3A6833ot1lsi

337%3C888723232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3A94%3D599%3Dxroqdf%3E23233%3A43882%3C5ot1lsi

Last edited:
Seabird said:
Sorry, I can't even take the army outfit one, he looked like Fidel Castrol :no: When he has the longer hair and his cap is backwards, that looks fine, but the shaved hair and and forward cap, especially with the whiskers, was not good for me. I also didn't dig the hooded look, he reminded me of the scary emperor in Return of the Jedi! I hope he will always have enough hair to frame his face. I think he knows he looks better like that and maybe Ali has told him too! He looks fine now, but I will always dream of this~~

Thanks for sharing your input and pix! :) That's ok, we can respect your opinion :) Yeah, his hair is too beautiful to cut and really enchances his features, especially his eyes. :cute: I hope he keeps his hair like he has it now at least. :)

Bonofied U said:
Thanks for offering your input! :)

Yeah, exactly! I think that every time I see the video heh. I like it when he has the army stuff on or when he was with Pavarotti in the mid 90's.

:yes:.

And you're welcome.

Yeah, that's true. I think he did that for like a very short period he shaved it completely off and then let it grow. And his hair is too, too beautiful to just cut off like that. I think I read in Rolling Stone he said something like he did it to freak out the golfers on a golf course LOL! :lol:

LOL.

Well, it freaked me out, too...*shudders at the thought of him bald*.

Yeah, me too. That's one of my favorite eras and it really showed off the texture of his hair. Yeah the Irish cowboy... woohoo! :cute:

*Cheers with Bonofied*

That hat just worked then...and it's great to see he can still pull off wearing one.

Yeah, I like all eras of him. I can even stand the Popmart era as long as he wears a hat ;) LOL or like the IGWSHA video. But you're right about the early days -- he still have some broad features -- but the hair cut really brought out the boyish side - ADOREABLE. Yet, he always seems to have that flash of childlike innocence, IMO.

Exactly.

And yes, Pop look's fine so long as he's got a hat on. And no muscle shirt...I just don't care for it on him.

Thanks for sharing! :up:

No problem. :).

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:
Well, it freaked me out, too...*shudders at the thought of him bald*.

Yeah, me too. LOL. Tsk tsk on Bono and his impishness.

*Cheers with Bonofied*

That hat just worked then...and it's great to see he can still pull off wearing one.

Heheheh :dance: Yeah, I agree. Somehow when he wears a hat it makes him look even more boyish - especially with it flipped backwards.

:wave:

Back
Top Bottom