HELP! I'm auditioning for a ROCK band.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bluephisto

War Child
In the mud, in the maze of my imagination.
HELP!

In 20 mins I'm gonna go audition my ass to a nub to be the lead singer of a rock band. I feel like vomiting. Liiiittle nervous.

Let me offer this prayer.

*down on knees*

Oh Saint Bono, patron saint of lead singers,
Please do not let me ralph on my, or anyone else's shoes,
please help me rock out to a degree hithertofore unknown.
Please don't let me fall on my ass when I climb the stack of PA speakers.
Blessed be thy name
In loudness and hearing-loss
Turn it up to 11, baby.

-Nervous Bluey

I NEED BONO VIBES AND ROCKIN' PICS!!!!!!

bluephisto said:

Oh Saint Bono, patron saint of lead singers,
Please do not let me ralph on my, or anyone else's shoes,
please help me rock out to a degree hithertofore unknown.
Please don't let me fall on my ass when I climb the stack of PA speakers.
Blessed be thy name
In loudness and hearing-loss
Turn it up to 11, baby.

This sounds like something me and Shannon would say! Lol!

Take it easy and good luck kiddo! Kick some ass!

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

*jumps up and down*

I totally ROCKED THEIR F*CKING SOCKS OFF!!!! It was SO cool! Scott came with just to make sure they weren't psycos from Hell and said that yes, I indeed rocked hard. I teased him that now he's gonna have a rockstar girlfriend. Lol. But the band is three guys (bass, guitar and drums) and they're REALLY good! Think deftones/tool but fun, even a little U2'y. We talked after, the band and I, and we want to get up on stage really soon. WOOOO!

Anyway, I got to scream into a mic and make up lyrics on the spot a la Bono, and they all liked it. I'm supposed to listen to the demo cd they gave me and write some lyrics and we're jamming (oooh the lingo!) again next week.

I'm IN LOVE with the mic. *EGO*

Thanks guys!!!

I'm still pumped! Plus, now I have an excuse to be an idiot.

Scott: Baby, where did you put the remote?
Me: Dunno.
Scott: Wait ... WHY IS IT IN THE FRIDGE!? O_O
Me: Uhh ... I'm a rockstar, don't ask me to remember that stuff. Bring me a beer, baby?
Scott: *grumble*

Thanks I told my parents and they're oddly happy for me. Their lack of outrage lessens the appeal of said rockstardom a little. *joking*

Nah. I'm gonna listen to the demo and write lyrics tommorow I think. I was out singing opera today and running errands. I had a good Opera day!

- I made a drummer from a Trash metal band CRY!!! (In a good way)
- Some old Italian guy hugged me for singing Italian for him.
- A lady from an Arts Board in Seattle heard me and took my number, she was TOTALLY excited about my voice and wants the board to hear me sing.
- The lady from the Arts Board GAVE me half of the bouqet of flowers she was carrying at the time.

Pretty good day all in all. :)

Bluey.... congratulations! cheers to you!
Beer%20Chug.gif

ooooh. 'ave o wee pint ta celebrate!
Blackstuff.gif

Now, if I could somehow figure out how to get my drumkit out of my friend's house and into mine and start practicing and get into a band, I'll be allllll set. :D

Moonie :D

Wow, thank guys.

MORE (unrelated) good news.

I just got told that I have the highest average in my major (English) in my graduating class, so they're awarding me something inabsentia next week at the convocation ceremony.

WOOO!

*rocks out, brainy Edge style*

Take THAT ... someone! WOOOOO!

bluephisto said:
Wow, thank guys.

MORE (unrelated) good news.

I just got told that I have the highest average in my major (English) in my graduating class, so they're awarding me something inabsentia next week at the convocation ceremony.

WOOO!

*rocks out, brainy Edge style*

Take THAT ... someone! WOOOOO!

From one English degree to another English-major-soon-to-have-degree, You ROCK! :D

I *really* want to go back and get my master's in American Literature... one day. Once I get my life settled (i.e. - get my credential completed, get a teaching job, settle into a normal routine), I'll go back.

Moonie :D

That sounds awesome, bluephisto.

Good luck.

If you need any help or have any question that you would normally ask artist mgmt, feel free to PM me.

Rock On.

Back
Top Bottom