Hello! It's my first day here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HowthGirl

The Fly
Hello! I have been reading the forum for a few days now, and today I got started with a membership! :wave:

It's a great website, this!:applaud:

My name is Jenny, and I'm 32 and I live in sunny FL, USA. I was born a Philly Chick, and moved from Pennsylvania to Florida 11 years ago. I'm married, to a darling guy named Kevin. We got married in 1996. He's wonderful AND a fellow U2 fan! We honeymooned in London and Dublin, and he happily accompanied me on all stops of the Dublin U2 Pilgrimage.

I first become a happily devoted U2 fan in early December of 1984. I was 12. the song was "Do They Know It's Christmas" I heard it and saw the video, and promptly fell in love with Bono and with Bob Geldof. :heart:

This news may have crushed my up-til-that-moment-future-husbad, Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) but he took the news bravely. :cute:

Band-Aid, and the acts involved were my intro to music AND to getting involved and trying to make a difference.

Anyhow, I was hooked as a fan. Then came the following summer and Live Aid...and watching Bono, and hearing the band...my little then-13 year old heart was forever smitten.

I grew up with this band, and I love them. They are the best band in the world, with the coolest fans!

I have seen them 12 times live, and despite the current ticket fiasco, I can't wait to see them in the fall when they get to FL.

Over the years I have been lucky enough to share love of U2, and all kinds of wonderful experience with my 3 Best Girlfriends and Fellow U2 Devotees, Tina, Kelly and Phyllis.

Now, Kevin and I get to share it, too.

Kev and I also do animal rescue work. We have 4-legged kids...16 cats who we love and who are our babies.

I am a freelance writer. I love music, and singing, and reading,and letter writing, and writing in general, and working with animals, and taking walks, and being by the ocean, and going to the theatre and concerts and movies when I can.

I have been lucky enough to go to Ireland 4 times. 1990, 1991, 1994 and 1996. My user name is because Howth is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen, and I felt at home there the first time I ever went. I love Ireland, and Dublin especially,and Howth most of all.

Ok, that's enough outta me! Thanks for letting me be a part of the Forum! I'm really glad to be here! :dance:

Peace,

Jenny

Welcome, Jenny. Wow, 16 cats! You'll fit in well here. There are many, many animal lovers (and of course U2 lovers) in this forum.
Greetings!:wave:

Very Pleased to welcome you, Jenny. Yes we certainly are nuts here! I'm a crazy cat lover so i was interested to read about you keeping 16 of them! :cute: Aren't they simply adorable AWW!!

:wave:

Welcome to our nuthouse, Jenny! My name is Trina, and I'm a 32 year old U2-holic. It's been about 3 seconds since my last naughty thought about Bono. Okay, now 1 second. :wink: I live near Seattle, WA (by way of SoCal), but I am a Miami Dolphins girl all the way. (Just don't talk to me about this past season.)

Please feel free to swap kitty stories with me. My hubby and I only have 2 girls but they are definitely the queens of the house! I'm slowly working my way to getting more, that's for sure - a house is not a home without a cat. :) And bless you and Kev's hearts for rescuing those little babies!

And, congrats on getting to Ireland so many times! Please share your stories, and hints. Our 5 year wedding anniversary is in 5/06, and as part of our pre-nup I made my hubby agree to take me there by then! Poor thing, he's a U2 fan, but not by choice. I honestly don't know how he puts up with me!

Last edited:
Great to have you Jenny, welcome! Yes, it's true, we're nuts! It's always wonderful to have someone new. I've been having a blast here since I registered. I still am, and plan to continue!:drool: :drool: :drool: :censored: :censored: :censored:

SWEET! HI! :wave: I'm glad you've joined us! I remember my fist days here :heart: Greatest days of my life :D 'Bout died with all the Edge pics I seen! :drool:

HI, Jenny! I'm another Florida girl here. I'm 33 and live in Tampa. I used to live not too far from Maitland Florida, when I was in Jnr High and High school. I had many many U2 friends back in High school. Wonder where they all are now? LOL

Anyway, welcome! I'll probably be at the same shows as you next fall! :wink:

Hello! :wave:

I'm spending my first days here on PLEBA too -- I must say it is dangerous! I think my husband is suspicious of my :bono: -worshipping. :wink: It sounds like we have pretty similar stories; I fell in love with U2 right around age 13 as well. I am not as lucky as you as I've only seen the band live once and haven't made it to Ireland yet, but I can't wait to go! I would love to hear more about your animal rescue work sometime -- my husband and I have two cats that rule the roost, and I volunteer at our local Humane Society.

Welcome to the Party!
party.gif

Ive had some goooood memories here in PLEBA.
Sadly I havent really hung round lately enough....
Ive had a lot going on what with falling in love with another interferencer and all:lol:
We love pictures in PLEBA:yes:
dont we ladies?

u2bonogirl said:
Ive had some goooood memories here in PLEBA.
Sadly I havent really hung round lately enough....
Ive had a lot going on what with falling in love with another interferencer and all:lol:
We love pictures in PLEBA:yes:
dont we ladies?

Pictures? We don't like pictures here at all...:shifty: No siree bob...
:wink:

Hi :wave:
Welcome to the Party! :dance:
PLEBA is the place to be!

Hi there Jenny, welcome. That was a great idea to introduce yourself and tell alittle about yourself. I fell in love with U2 in 84, I was 16. The first concert I saw was the Unforgettable Fire and that was it, I was smitten and still am. I live in So Cali and also a cali native. I only have one cat but he is the love of my life. I am also an animal lover. I would love to have 3 cats a 3 dogs. I am also a volunteer at a senior center. I do love the pics in here.:wink: :wink:

Hi--hope you have fun here. Leave your inhibitions behind & let yourself go! I'm from the south too--Knoxville, TN. I have two cats & a very spoiled Welsh Corgi. :wave: Oh yeah--I'm crazy for U2 esp Bono. Welcome!!!

Welcome to the party! :dance: PLEBA is the best place to be!!
It wakes me up in the morning and gets me through the day.
The ladies will lift you up when you're feeling down and will keep you up. :hug:

And lets not forget the main reason we're all here. Ahem..its simply to :drool: :drool: :drool:

You Guys are the Best!

THANK YOU!

You all Rock, and you have made me feel very welcome here! You guys are all awesome!:bow:

I am very happy to be here, and I look forward to getting to chat more with you all, and share all kinds of U2 wonderfullness! (and kittycat stories, too!)

May I say - I have been collecting U2 stuff for over 2 decades now - I thought I had alot...but I must applaud you all and your fantastic photos! :applaud:

WOW! So awesome!

Let me say, I am so wow-ed by all your Ali and Bono photos...those 2 are so beautifully in love, and she is such an amazing woman. I love the respect with which this website and especially this forum treats the guys and their families.

That makes me really happy, and is so cool, you guys!

When I first saw Bono at Live Aid, and my heart was busy going :heart: and my 13 year old hormones were busy going :drool: and I was totally head over heels...I saw his hands holding the microphone as he sang "Bad" and I saw the wedding ring...and then my heart totally melted - in a happy way!. Yeah, I had just decided him the most perfect, beautiful man ever, yet seeing that gold band on his finger just made me realize how truly quality a man he was (is!).

I think I had noticed up til that point that alot of guy celebs did not make wedding rings visible. So seeing his touched my heart, and made me just all happy.

Does that make sense, or am I babbling?

The more I learned about U2, and Bono especially, the more I knew he must be married to someone SO cool. And then when I started finding out infor about Ali...she was way beyond cool. I deeply admire her, and him, and their relationship.

And you guys clearly all feel that same loving, happy and protective way about the two of them, as well as all the guys and their wives/girlfriends/kids. Thank you for that. :applaud:

So thank you for having a friendly and caring web forum, where we can all acknowledge Bono's undeniable drop-dead gorgeousness and drool-inducing sexiness, while also having tremendous love and respect for Ali, and being protective of the 2 of them together. So cool!

Some other websites I have been to...not so much. Some scary stuff out there :madspit: :shocked:

But here, I already love reading the posts and checking out the photos, and thanks much for having me here to post!!!!

I have to read the instructions on how to photo-post, as I have some nice pix (I'll check for Pop-Mart Adam!).

Ok,I am babbling on! (Happens every time I talk about U2!)

I'll sign off now. If anybody wants, here's my e-mail
Ramonaq93@yahoo.com

Love,Peace, U2 Joy,

Jenny (HowthGirl)

Back
Top Bottom