Hello - I'm new

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi everyone - I'm new here! I've beeen lurking for quite a while, but finally decided to join in. So nice to find a place where people truly appreciate those four yummy Irish lads. (I'm an ardent Bono devotee, by the way!)

Hi there!
I believe you're a female , right?
biggrin.gif

Welcome, please enjoy!

here's a little something:
Bath%20Time.jpg

------------------
*~"Bono's Pupeteer"~*

*And if the mountain should crumble
Or disappear into the sea
Not a tear
No, not I...*

Yup, I'm female (lol)! Ahhhh, the Bono-in-the-bathtub photo - how I love it! When I was in high school, I bought the Rolling Stone Images of Rock and Roll book just for that photo! 13/04/01 is the date of the day I met the boys (except Larry - he went straight inside) behind the arena before the Vanocouver Elevation show. Simultaneously one of the most thrilling and humiliating days of my life -- I didn't exactly behave in as dignified a manner as I'd hoped (lol)! I dragged my fiance and my best friend and her husband to the arena at around noon. It was really cold that day, but I refused to leave - I had to try to meet them, especially Bono! So we waited and waited, and while we were waiting, I kept telling myself not to get my hopes up in case we'd already missed them or they didn't have time to come talk to us, etc., and I also kept telling myself that if we did meet them, I WOULD NOT CRY! (Can you see it coming?) So, around 4:00, they pull up to the arena, and I instantly begin to cry like a complete moron. *Hangs her head in embarrassment at the memory* Adam came over to us first and signed my CD cover -- he was so laid-back and Adam-ish, with his slight little Adam smile! Then Edge came over and gave us his autograph. we told him we'd been waiting about four hours, and he said it was cold out to have waited so long. (He also took my pen - he may still have it! lol) By this time I had calmed down a bit, but then Bono came over to me and I completely lost it. I wasn't sobbing or screaming hysterically or anything, but I was pretty choked up and couldn't speak very well. (I've been a crazy fan for ten years - this was a big moment!) He asked me if I was alright and I nodded vigorously (still couldn't speak - *cringe*). He signed my CD cover, then said, "What's your name, dear?" (Sigh.) I somehow managed to remember my name, and he wrote it on my CD cover and then drew what I *think* is a flower (still not sure! lol). I was clutching the sleeve of his jacket and I kept repeating "Thank you, Bono" (eloquent, aren't I? I'm such an idiot!!!) Then - and I know this sounds horribly cheesy, but it's true - it was like time just slowed down and he leaned forward and gave me the sweetest kiss on the cheek (I have a wonderful photo of this, but I don't have a scanner - I'm sorry!). Then he told me to enjoy the show and said "God bless you," and I squeezed his hand for a second and he moved on to the next person. It was so incredible and surreal - my best friend kept repeating "Bono just kissed you! Bono just kissed you!" He - well, all three of them, but Bono especially - was so kind and gracious and lovely (and, I have to add, even more beautiful in person than I could have imagined!). It would have been so easy for him to have made me feel stupid for behaving so emotionally, but he was just incredibly kind. What a moving experience (and again, I know that sounds really corny, but it's true!). I was on such a high for months afterwards - actually, I think it still hasn't worn off! Thus, Elevated 13/04/01!

By the way -- truecolorsfly, if you're here, were you there behind GM Place that day? I thought you mentioned it in another thread.

Hey, what are you guys all doing up this late?
biggrin.gif
Welcome, Elevated! Of course I had to peek when I saw your name on this thread. Oh God, my dear, your story just puts a lump in my throat. I suppose i'd be mortified, too, in your shoes, but really, you speak for all of us. No, I wasn't behind the Garage that day. I've never once met one of my heroes (digression: not for lack of trying...after several E Street shows...Bonoforever
wink.gif
and candys room if you're around. And a few others among us, eh??), couldn't even DREAM of meeting our Boys, and who's to say I wouldn't be overwhelmed, same as you?? You know how when he dances so close and gentle with whoever's lucky enough on a given night, we know he's dancing with all of us? That girl on Popmart Mexico City looks like she's crying, and he's stroking her hair and holding her tight. Same thing with you -- and he kissed you!!! He's a beautiful soul. jeez, i'm choking up again... *gulp* lovely to meet you, Darlin.' *sniff*

------------------
***Grace makes beauty out of ugly things***

the greatest frontman in the world -- by truecoloursfly: http://www.atu2.com/news/article.src?ID=1575

Awwww, thanks truescoloursfly! Thank you for your nice reply, and for not laughing at me for acting like an idiot in front of Bono, of all people! (Actually, I can laugh at myself over it now, but the next morning, I was so humiliated I wanted to climb under the covers and stay there!) In the photos, I look a bit calmer than I felt, so maybe it wasn't as bad as I thought. But he is, indeed, a beautiful soul - so kind and gentle. I will be telling that story for many, many years.

It is late, so I have to get some shut-eye, but thanks for this nice welcome to PLEBA - I'm so glad to finally be here! Sweet Bono (and/or Edge, Larry, Adam) dreams, everyone!

Originally posted by Elevated 13/04/01:
I was clutching the sleeve of his jacket and I kept repeating "Thank you, Bono" (eloquent, aren't I? I'm such an idiot!!!)

You got out THREE whole consecutive words???? I'm impressed.
wink.gif

Welcome!

Sherry Darling

Ohhhhh....you touched an exceptionaly long sleeve?! I am so jealous! Not to mention the kiss!! *swoon* Welcome!!
~Honey

------------------
The doors you open
I just can't close...

Back
Top Bottom