Heeyyy Melpop!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is just so wrong that you guys have to come in here and tell MelPop not to tell more about her incredible experience. As some said, noone is forced to open threads about MelPop!
MelPop - Your story is so awesome. Ya know;) my friends jokingly tease me about this now, they all thought your story and pic were so cool! and they laugh cuz they always say how I am going to run off to Dublin or something crazy, and after what happened to you, they laugh even more at me since I honestly had Bono dreams for 3 nights after your story, anyways, its all in fun! How can people be truely jealous? I mean I am jealous in the way that I wish one day to have a similar experience :) like we all do, but to be sour about it? No way! I love the story and the fact that it happened to you! I tell you the video is also one of the most exciting things I had ever seen happen at a show, and now we all have the bootleg Bono moans to enjoy, so I am glad that happened too! :D Ok, I'll stop rambling now!!!
I would love to hear more, maybe we can meet up in chat with the other Pleba girls with questions who are interested!!!:yes:

Hey Melpop didn't even start this thread so don't accuse her of bragging, someone asked her a question, what was she supposed to do ignore them? That would have been rude. She has a right to brag anyways, if that happened to you you would talk about it all the time, I sure know that I would. Stop giving us newbies (if you really are) a bad name!

Re: wolbuoy....

U2SoHotGroupie1 said:
I KNOW! WHEN WILL SHE STOP depending on that ONE situation that happened long ago, and move on with her "life." (if she has one)

STOP BRAGGING!!!!!!! STOP IT!!!! IT TRULY PISSES PEOPLE OFF!!! it happened, good for you, but STOP repeating the same thing OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!!!

Dood... this is actually pretty damn funny. LOL.

Mel was merely *responding* to someone else's question. Is that so wrong? Holy freakin' cow, relax.

And please, don't type all in caps - it's about as annoying as high pitched noises.

Yup. leave it to a bunch of trolls to stir up trouble. Ah. Wait to start pissing people off when you've been around for a little while and have gotten to know people better. Oh wait. I've been around for a little teensy bit and I've managed to NOT piss people off - yet.

I'll say one thing: OK, I lied... I'll say two things:

1. Don't read it if you don't like it. Obviously, the thread asked for Mel's attention. You were drawn to it. Why read it if you know it's gonna piss you off? Oh, but wait. You had to say something because you're stirring up trouble. Riiiiiight. :rolleyes:

2. Don't talk bad about people here when you know they're well-enough supported and well-enough can stick up for themselves. Oh, but wait. You're stirring up trouble.

Oh, fer feck's sake. Get a life yerself.

Moonie Moober --> I hate it when people pick on others behind a false pretense. I hate fake people. Did you know Larry hates fake people, too? Imagine that. I wonder why....

huh.

I don't think Melpop should be attacked on this thread, as she didn't even start it.

I think it was nice/polite of her to answer questions that were directed at her.

moon_is_playing_tricks said:
Ehm... Elvis,

I don't think her story would qualify under fan fiction, since it actually happened.

:D

Moonie :D

Ever read any historical ficiton? You know.. those stories that use mostly facts, but also exagerate others... and also stray off into total fiction, yet very realistic?

I for one can confess to have doing this, but in the opposite manner:

In October of 2000, I was invited to hang out with U2, I posted a story following that experience.... but the story left out MANY facts, and had a slightly altered timeline.... why? because I had to. Why did I have to? To conceal whom my connections are/were and the involvement/relation of how/why I was invited. So my story... I actually had to DOWN PLAY for the 'published' version.

All I'm saying is, don't believe EVERYTHING you read.

Elvis said:

All I'm saying is, don't believe EVERYTHING you read.

Feck off!

Don't believe me if you don't wanna, but don't fecking accuse me of lying or exaggerating... because I did none of the 2!

I don't deserve this shit...:mad:

Melpop said:

Feck off!

Don't believe me if you don't wanna, but don't fecking accuse me of lying or exaggerating... because I did none of the 2!

I don't deserve this shit...:mad:

a) DO NOT tell ME to 'feck off'.

b) If you bothered to read my entire post, you'd see the example I used and its relevance.

c) True or not, some people are getting worked up about something that MAY not even be true... and its SENSELESS.

People shouldn't believe everythign they read.... On the web, books, and even the news paper. Best advice is to take everything with a grain of salt.

And... once more... don't tell me to 'feck off'.

Yknow... Melpop, not to disrespect, but with stories like yours you have to expect that not everyone will believe you and/or you will catch some flack.

Not everything is so happy go lucky la la land here OR in real life.

People have opinions and people will voice them, seeing as this IS a message board. It's not always fair and many people will say things to hurt you but you have to expect it under the circumstances. Mullen girl and her clan caught flack as well.
And you cant just say "dont read it".. because there are over 6000 users here and you cant expect everyone to keep their opinions to themselves on a public message board.

what's the deal elvis? just because you told certain lies in your story doesn't mean that melpop did.

melpop.. i'm glad you had such a great experience and thank u for sharing your story.. but i'm sorry that u have to deal with people that suggest that you are lying etc. i understand how that would make u feel after trying to tell your story.

ahh don't worry about it! like i said before.. if they don't believe it or whatever the case may be.. then *hello* don't read it! it is as simple as that!

* i agree with sicy that you should expect to hear that from other people... but don't let it stop you from posting your experiences and others to come. :)

Last edited:
bonomofo said:
what's the deal elvis? just because you told certain lies in your story doesn't mean that melpop did.

I told no lies. I omitted certain facts, for reasons described in my earlier post.

Perhaps you should also (re)read my last post in this thread, if you haven't already.

right..well that is better then telling lies! and i did re read your post. :) but it still doesn't change the fact that just beacuse YOU did that melpop did the same.

bonomofo said:
right..well that is better then telling lies! and i did re read your post. :) but it still doesn't change the fact that just beacuse YOU did that melpop did the same.

It also doesn't mean that she didn't.

Again... going back to my point, that people instead of getting worked up/jealous/sick of seeing the posts.... should take them with a brain of salt.

I loved Melpop's story!! Why would anyone make any of that up?

She didn't have to share it with anyone here. U2 fans want to share these experiences with other U2 fans.

I know it's a public messageboard, but this should be a place where these types of extraordinary experiences can be shared and appreciated by others.

Suggesting doubt is just human nature, but I would like to think we are above all this cattiness.

Or maybe I had the wrong impression of this place after all this time.

Anyway, Melpop, I truly enjoyed your story. And you had an unbelievable experience . I for one, am thankful that you chose to share it with us.

Last edited:
To anyone who doubts Melpop's story: Well, I had the pleasure of hearing it from her when I met her last Friday, and she didn't seem like she had made some parts up. I don't think she would waste her time inventing stuff and posting it here.

GOD THIS IS GETTING SO OLD! SO MEL SWAPPED SPIT WITH BONO--GET OVER IT!!!:scream:

I have a MORE important question....

WHO MET SEBS!?!??!!?

attachment.php

if you were lucky enough to meet the sexy hunk--email me and give me details!!!!:tongue:

Naya said:
To anyone who doubts Melpop's story: Well, I had the pleasure of hearing it from her when I met her last Friday, and she didn't seem like she had made some parts up. I don't think she would waste her time inventing stuff and posting it here.

I agree. She is telling the truth. If you ask her, she will tell you the same thing in private as she does on this forum- she is not doing it to put on a show. She really means it, she feels it, and it is very close to her heart at all times. She is a very sweet person and I am very happy for her.

I do not feel this way about all fan stories! It depends on the person involved and the situation. This is a very real, very warm, very special story.

Last edited:
Whoa, 4 pages already! lol

OK. So...like, what, exactly, DID your friends say? <g>

And what did you mean about the little moment you two lovebirds <g> had when he pulled you back down being "weird"? I know you said you can't explain it, but...try. For me? <g>

Oooh I just got a nasty thought. You kissed the same pair of lips that frenched Liam Gallagher. ::bursts into laughter:: You've got Liam cooties!! EEEWWWW!!! ::giggles immaturely:: Liam cooties! Liam cooties! Liam cooties!

Oh and one more thing. This is all sounding weird. Bono seems to have been acting all head over heels for you. And that's reeallly, reeeally cool, but -- strange. I mean, ya know, just for argument's sake -- he hardly knew you. How does this happen? Plus you're, like...WAY younger than him lol. I don't mean to sound resentful; I am just a curious person who asks lots of weird questions, lol. How does one get so attatched to someone so quickly? I hope you get what I'm asking. The question that is in my head is...Was it genuine, or was he just trying to give a fan a cool experience? But I'm not bold enough to actually ASK that question, lol. I think that is just coming from my personal "issues" with trusting people. I'm sure it's not a logical question. Anyway -- thoughts?

Dot.

O_O

Did someone just tell Elvis to Feck off?

OMG...WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TOO!!!

*Posts MEGA-HAPPY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG PICS*

edbo-ab1.jpg

edbo-pas1.jpg

adamedgehug.jpg

Seriously guys...gals...Simma Down Now!

Like I tell the kids in daycare when they act up cause someone has a toy they want...

IT'S NOT THAT SERIOUS!

I don't know about you guys, but I get scared when I see Elvis in PLEBA...he's got enough to do without comin' in here and dealing with hormonal wimmens...let's try to get along ok?

The Feesh

PaleBlueDot said:
Whoa, 4 pages already! lol

OK. So...like, what, exactly, DID your friends say? <g>

And what did you mean about the little moment you two lovebirds <g> had when he pulled you back down being "weird"? I know you said you can't explain it, but...try. For me? <g>

Oooh I just got a nasty thought. You kissed the same pair of lips that frenched Liam Gallagher. ::bursts into laughter:: You've got Liam cooties!! EEEWWWW!!! ::giggles immaturely:: Liam cooties! Liam cooties! Liam cooties!

Oh and one more thing. This is all sounding weird. Bono seems to have been acting all head over heels for you. And that's reeallly, reeeally cool, but -- strange. I mean, ya know, just for argument's sake -- he hardly knew you. How does this happen? Plus you're, like...WAY younger than him lol. I don't mean to sound resentful; I am just a curious person who asks lots of weird questions, lol. How does one get so attatched to someone so quickly? I hope you get what I'm asking. The question that is in my head is...Was it genuine, or was he just trying to give a fan a cool experience? But I'm not bold enough to actually ASK that question, lol. I think that is just coming from my personal "issues" with trusting people. I'm sure it's not a logical question. Anyway -- thoughts?

Dot.

So in other words you were looking to start trouble on this forum???????? Wouldn't it have been just as easy to ask the same question in the original thread instead of starting a new one????

:yawn:

Anyhooo Fishy I loveth this pic:

edbo-pas1.jpg

Let me add this one

Attachments

• piccies 009.jpg
    piccies 009.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 82
daisybean said:
So in other words you were looking to start trouble on this forum???????? Wouldn't it have been just as easy to ask the same question in the original thread instead of starting a new one????

Private Messaging. :idea:
What a great feature.

Elvis said:

a) DO NOT tell ME to 'feck off'.

b) If you bothered to read my entire post, you'd see the example I used and its relevance.

c) True or not, some people are getting worked up about something that MAY not even be true... and its SENSELESS.

People shouldn't believe everythign they read.... On the web, books, and even the news paper. Best advice is to take everything with a grain of salt.

And... once more... don't tell me to 'feck off'.

Alright, I'm sorry about that, but I completely lost it since everyone is on my back. I just snapped... Hope you understand...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom