he does it to me all the time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annj

War Child
My husband gets me all the time with this line.. he will say I love you.. I will reply I love you too and he will immediatly jump in with yeah they are a good group arent they?:happy: :wink:

When my dad says, "I love you," I say, "I love you too." He says, "I know you love them, but what about me??" :laugh: :heart:

^^^^Indeed they are. LOL at all of these. :D.

It's the other way around at my house: I'll sit there and talk about how I want to see U2 live so badly, and my dad'll turn to my mom and say, "Oh, did ya hear that? She wants to see us sing!" :p.

Angela

Last edited:
annj said:
My husband gets me all the time with this line.. he will say I love you.. I will reply I love you too and he will immediatly jump in with yeah they are a good group arent they?:happy: :wink:

LMAO!! That's a good one! :D I find myself thinking of the band whenever I say "You,too" to people wishing me a nice day. It's really a very positive phrase ,isn't it?

I do not think of the band when I am dealing with a person who has pissed me off . The kind of situation where when they say or do something rude and you're thinking sarcastically, "Yeah,you too*you :censored:!

Only when it's a positive vibe because that's what U2 and their music represent to me...positive feelings and hope for us all!:D :heart:

Re: Re: he does it to me all the time

Billie Midol said:
I find myself thinking of the band whenever I say "You,too" to people wishing me a nice day. It's really a very positive phrase ,isn't it?

I do not think of the band when I am dealing with a person who has pissed me off . The kind of situation where when they say or do something rude and you're thinking sarcastically, "Yeah,you too*you :censored:!

Only when it's a positive vibe because that's what U2 and their music represent to me...positive feelings and hope for us all!:D :heart:

Agreed. Yay for U2 and positive vibes! :D. Geez, even their sadder songs have at least one thing about them that is uplifting or sweet.

Angela

Re: Re: Re: he does it to me all the time

Moonlit_Angel said:

Agreed. Yay for U2 and positive vibes! :D. Geez, even their sadder songs have at least one thing about them that is uplifting or sweet.

Angela

Yeah! Their songs are truly spiritual . They always leave me feeling hopeful even if the song is sad..:yes:

You're all so lucky to have guys who know U2. Mine isn't into U2
:( He just closes his ears if I talk U2.

Re: Re: Re: Re: he does it to me all the time

Billie Midol said:
Yeah! Their songs are truly spiritual . They always leave me feeling hopeful even if the song is sad..:yes:

:yes:. I think the reason why even the sad songs make us happy is because it's nice to hear that somebody else has gone through similar things, it helps to find others who understand fully what you're going through.

And U2's always so reassuring in the songs, they're always saying, "It's okay. I know things are hard now, but you will get through this". I've always described that as their version of a comforting hug or something, something they'd do if they were sitting right next to us. But since they're not, they send their comforting words to us through the songs instead. :).

And that's just flat out cool.

Angela

billie midol, that avatar is breath-taking. :silence:

babyman - i never figured out why you told me your name was danny and in your sig it says kevin?? :shifty:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: he does it to me all the time

Moonlit_Angel said:

:yes:. I think the reason why even the sad songs make us happy is because it's nice to hear that somebody else has gone through similar things, it helps to find others who understand fully what you're going through.

And U2's always so reassuring in the songs, they're always saying, "It's okay. I know things are hard now, but you will get through this". I've always described that as their version of a comforting hug or something, something they'd do if they were sitting right next to us. But since they're not, they send their comforting words to us through the songs instead. :).

And that's just flat out cool.

Angela

Well said,Angela! :yes: Music is a powerful medium. U2 has written, recorded and performed songs that prove this to be true.
I like what you said about their songs being comforting hugs. Their songs are like hugs at times! Bono's voice can be so soothing ...:hug::heart:

Ms. Dane said:
You're all so lucky to have guys who know U2. Mine isn't into U2
:( He just closes his ears if I talk U2.

Mine is not really into U2. He likes them but he's into other music. He's so oblivious to my obsession. I just hope he never sees all the pics of Bono I have saved to my computer..:uhoh:

Re: Re: Re: he does it to me all the time

Moonlit_Angel said:

even their sadder songs have at least one thing about them that is uplifting or sweet.

Angela

i agree. even their more depressing songs like running to stand still can be uplifting because it was just written and performed so beautifully.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: he does it to me all the time

^^^^:yes:.

Billie Midol said:
Well said,Angela! :yes: Music is a powerful medium. U2 has written, recorded and performed songs that prove this to be true.

Exactly. I can't imagine how good a feeling that must give the guys when they hear that their songs have touched somebody. You get a glimpse of that happiness when they perform the songs in concert, though-they're all smiling when they hear the crowd singing along (like the way Bono does when he's holding the microphone out to the crowd during "Pride" from "Rattle & Hum" and everybody there is singing along). I think that kind of reaction from them during the songs is adorable. It shows their humble side, like they're thinking, "Wow, you guys like this song this much? We're flattered!"

Originally posted by Billie Midol
I like what you said about their songs being comforting hugs. Their songs are like hugs at times! Bono's voice can be so soothing ...:hug::heart:

It sure can be. :). It'd be great to get an actual hug from them, but for now, the comfort from a song of theirs is the next best thing. It feels like they're there in spirit, and that's enough to make me feel better when I'm down.

Originally posted by Billie Midol
Can't you just hear him saying,"Pardon me,mam ...":drool: (Only he has that sexy Irish brogue instead of a Western accent...:flirt:

:yes: :drool:. Although, knowing him, he'd probably manage to make a western accent sexy, too.

As for guys who know about U2...I just know two guys who know about my obsession-my dad, who's cool with it, and a friend of mine in high school, who was also pretty cool with it (he never made fun of me for it or anything-he didn't mind them, either).

I do sympathize with you, Billie, in regards to being scared to show a guy you like how into them you are...should my old boyfriend and I ever wind up back together or something, I'd be a little nervous, too...but hopefully, a guy will be cool enough about it (I'm sure every guy has their things they're obsessed about, too, after all).

Speaking of the guy you're referring to...how are things going between you and him lately?

Angela

Back
Top Bottom