Hawaii 12/9/06 Nostalgia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EdgeIsTooSexy

ONE love, blood, life
I cant believe its been a whole year since being in paradise, going to the beach, and seeing the most amazing concert ever.
I just wanted to start a thread for stories/posting pictures, since I didnt meet any Plebans or any interferencers for that matter while I was there. At least I dont think I did!

So my story:
I stayed in Mahaka (sp?). It was a good drive to Waikiki from where I was. But we had a nice secluded beach and I'd have to stay the water was alot nicer than Waikiki beach. Yet I loved that area.
I stayed for a week with my mom and we went 4 wheeling and to a luau.
We arrived at the stadium with my friend Alyssa around 4 am. [she wouldnt let me sleep overnight]
I met Flava Flav and he unfortunately hit on me. I'm scarred for life.
flavaflav.jpg

Rocko also came up to our pen. I was in the second one.
Picture039-1.jpg

Eddie Vedder came around with the wine bottle , stopped near me, and thats when I almost died of happiness. But he ran down to the Bstage.
eddiev.jpg

I got a really good spot on Edges side outside of the ellipse and one person was in front of me.
I brought a sign that said
'EDGE(SEXY BEAST) WILL YOU DANCE WITH ME? <3 a guitarist'
During Angel of Harlem he saw it, smiled & winked at me. I combusted.
Bono saw my sign too and frowned at me, which was hilarious.
ohmylord.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zheNQSAjNM

I was literally feet away from Paul Mcguiness.
anne.jpg

Picture132.jpg

Anne was in front me as well. Along with her and larrys kids. The little girl I think Ava, smiled at me.

Other pictures:
Mysterious ways right in front of me:
mysteriouswayslove.jpg

A fleeting look from Edge:
edgecantstopstarinIIbetter.jpg

VERTIGO:
vertigooo.jpg

Another look from Edge, probably thinking I'm a crazy fan:
Picture112.jpg

I visited and stayed in Waikiki for a few days with my friend Alyssa and talked to random U2 fans that I saw around there. Which had to be the coolest thing ever! Didnt see any glimpses of the band but my Edge moment was enough for me.

-I will post the rest later if you want to see them :D i have some pretty good shots!

Adge

Great story/pics Adge. I'm jealous! I wanted to go but alas... $$$$. I can't believe it was only a year ago, seems like ages since they were on tour. Probably because I saw them TWO years ago this month.

Wow it's been a year already? Where did the time go? And to think I took my dream trip to Ireland this year in addition to having been in Hawaii at that memorable show! What a fantastic year!!

bonolulu was truly one of the best times of my life. that last-minute adventure helped me to create some of the best friendships with some really really awesome people. i had the best roommates one could ask for. some of us met for the first time, some of us knew each other for years. regardless of where we were before then, i'm so much closer to these people, as each of them has had a different and profound impact in my life. it was more than just a u2 concert, it was an experience. one that continues to touch my life. every day our friendship still reminds us of the wonderful memories.

yes, the concert was amazing, emotional, and transcending. but i think what i took most from that experience was the friendships that i treasure so much.

Back
Top Bottom