Hawaii 12/9/06 Nostalgia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great thread! I have been thinking so much about our trip to Hawaii...it was like a dream..such a beautiful place....it is truly hard to believe it was a year already! ETS we have already chatted in a previous thread, you were very close to where we were...except I had a GIANT security guard right in my face blocking my view:mad: :mad:

some of my pics..

DSC01036.jpg

Edge was directly in front of me for this song
Dsc01082.jpg

Bono very rarely ventured over to our side during this show

:mad:

Dsc01075.jpg

DSC01064.jpg

i had to open up my Hawaii album again for this thread!

Bono after singing to me:
061209d13743jg4.jpg

Bono during it:
061209d13729tm4.jpg

Me on our balcony at the Waikiki Outrigger:

Picture369.jpg

Me with a parrot: :lol:

Picture366.jpg

Me and Kafrun during GA lineup, a quick pic before the concert:

Picture307.jpg

View from our room:drool:

Picture296.jpg

We also made the cover of a newspaper, lol. Me Kaf and Adrianna! Sadly, I don't have that pic :hmm:

Babydoll said:
We also made the cover of a newspaper, lol. Me Kaf and Adrianna! Sadly, I don't have that pic :hmm:

I remember making that discovery while out shopping the next day,lol. Unfortunately I didn't pick up a paper otherwise I would post the picture for you.

Hawaii was such a spontaneous trip but it was the best one that I have ever taken! :love:

You know I have to say even sitting around in the holding areas before the concert was fun! Got to meet a lot of great U2 fans and even came across you briefly BD :flirt:

BonosBaby12 said:

I remember making that discovery while out shopping the next day,lol. Unfortunately I didn't pick up a paper otherwise I would post the picture for you.

Hawaii was such a spontaneous trip but it was the best one that I have ever taken! :love:

You know I have to say even sitting around in the holding areas before the concert was fun! Got to meet a lot of great U2 fans and even came across you briefly BD :flirt:

It was too brief for my liking, Shannon! :flirt:

Babydoll said:
Me and Kafrun during GA lineup, a quick pic before the concert:

Picture307.jpg

View from our room:drool:

Picture296.jpg

Oh shoot! I bought the paper and cut that one out and put it in a collage I made... otherwise I would send it to you!
I have it in a huge frame on the wall...
Do you want me to take digital picture of it for you and send it over? I could try when I get home from work! You should have that picture!!
Didn't the paper post that online somewhere too the next day?
I

I may have the picture...I know i bought a paper the next day...I will look when I get home tonight

unico said:
Did Adrianna disappear? Where is she these days? I never see her :(
Busy with real life :grumpy: :scream: :sad:

I catch up with her on MSN from time to time, but not nearly enough. She needs to come back to us :yes: :heart:

Daddysgonnapay said:
Great thread! I have been thinking so much about our trip to Hawaii...it was like a dream..such a beautiful place....it is truly hard to believe it was a year already! ETS we have already chatted in a previous thread, you were very close to where we were...except I had a GIANT security guard right in my face blocking my view:mad: :mad:

some of my pics..

DSC01036.jpg

Ah!!!!

If you took a pic just a little bit more to the left, you would've seen our "camp".

And was I the only one that had "Refugee" stuck in my head most of the sleep-over?

ultravioletluvv said:
Good times, good times...

Does anyone else remember seeing this dude around town?

of50590442-1.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:wink:

haha i do remember seeing the fake bono around and the fake edge asked me if i thought he was sexy, because they saw my sign lol
Daddysgonnapay- :yes: and i finally found a video of edge winking at me!!
CMM-yeah was anyone near you? Anne and the kids were in front of me.
BF1- It looks like where I was staying. We had a private beach too and i think it was like a bit farther than 45 mins from honolulu. you must have been close.

cant they do an encore concert for us all?

OMG this thread is great, that must have been one hell of a night guys

Aloha!

I do not post here in PLEBA (ever), but Lila told me to visit. Schmeg and I are back in Hawaii this week celebrating the one year anniversary of the show...sorta. :D

Glad the show is not this year...we have had crappy weather all week with thunderstorms and VERY high winds.

and these $35 posters are still going for $300+ unframed on eBay... I had to go the eBay route myself shortly after the show.

DSC_0131.jpg

CMM said:

Man, I wish I would've known that. I would've said something to U2.com when I asked about them re-printing the shirts.

they were actually commissioned by Pearl Jam, they produce a custom poster for each one of their shows. Rumor has it that there will be another production run.

zonelistener said:
Aloha!

I do not post here in PLEBA (ever), but Lila told me to visit. Schmeg and I are back in Hawaii this week celebrating the one year anniversary of the show...sorta. :D

Glad the show is not this year...we have had crappy weather all week with thunderstorms and VERY high winds.

If the weather gets better, go on one of those submarine tours of the reef. They're at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. That was really cool, even if you do accidentally wind up of the Japanese narration one :reject:. But then again, "Oooh, look at that!" sounds the same in any language :sexywink:.

Back
Top Bottom