have you watched your Slane dvd lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

love2bmama

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
running down the road like loose electricity
I'm watching it right now, and just loving it SO much. :heart: It's been a while, maybe 6 or 8 months or so since I last watched it. I almost forgot how great it is, and how much I love it. :love: I just {heart} this band so much, and seeing them with the hometown crowd, well...:bow:
if you haven't watched it lately, dig it out and watch it now!:yes: :corn:

:shifty:

is this coïncidence or WHAT?

I JUST finished watching it :lol:

:drool: I LOVE UTEOTW, Edge's bounces... somehow he always reminds me of a happy bunny :hmm:

Galeongirl said:
:drool: I LOVE UTEOTW, Edge's bounces... somehow he always reminds me of a happy bunny :hmm:

ain't he the cutest bunny
cuteedgejump.gif
XDDDDDD

there are so many awesome moments on that DVD, it's unreal. I can't even pic my favorite. I love the part at the end of All I Want Is You when Bono is just singing, not really saying anything, and his voice just fills the place. Amazing.

And yes, Edge is very bouncy and totally HOT the whole time!

Can I just say I love Pleba, I knew I could post this here and get responses from you guys. There's nobody I know in real life that would understand how I could be blown away by this band over and over and over, but you guys get it without me having to even try to explain.:hug:

love2bmama said:
there are so many awesome moments on that DVD, it's unreal. I can't even pic my favorite. I love the part at the end of All I Want Is You when Bono is just singing, not really saying anything, and his voice just fills the place. Amazing.

And yes, Edge is very bouncy and totally HOT the whole time!

Can I just say I love Pleba, I knew I could post this here and get responses from you guys. There's nobody I know in real life that would understand how I could be blown away by this band over and over and over, but you guys get it without me having to even try to explain.:hug:
I know, isn't it great? :hug:

I'm still looking for a vid so I can make a gif of Bouncy Edge

:shifty:

anybody know where I can find UTEOTW Live from Slane??

Good Idea, I have a whole bunch of laundrey to fold so I will put that on and enjoy, I haven't watched in a couple of months. But it is spectacular. I especially like the part where they reintroduce themselves during Out of Control. so cute!:wink:

JCOSTER said:
Good Idea, I have a whole bunch of laundrey to fold so I will put that on and enjoy, I haven't watched in a couple of months. But it is spectacular. I especially like the part where they reintroduce themselves during Out of Control. so cute!:wink:

I love that part, too! I always wonder if the people there were like :huh: trying to figure out what he was talking about at first, lol!
I love where B thanks all their families for "the lend of 500 pounds" and "by now you've probably all given us about 500 pounds each so thank you too!"

And Bridgit, stills would be awesome! :yes:

I've been meaning to watch it, really I have ... :yikes:

I heard New Year's Day on the radio driving home late last night and thought to myself that the very best version of it is really on the Slane DVD. :wink:

Let's see, where is it around here ... :hmm:

Watched it just last weekend. :drool: :drool:

I try to keep it in regular rotation... it has such energy and emotion... the audience is just nuts!! And the band just clearly feeds off of them...:hug: :rockon:

Haha! I just watched it last weekend as well!!!

I put it on to entertain my friends and I said, "Isn't Bono so cool?" RIGHT AS SOMEONE THREW A STREAMER ON HIM...

And my goofy cousin grabbed a roll of toilet paper and threw it around him and said in a gay voice, "Hey I'm BONO! Aren't I cool? I dance with toilet paper, aren't I the coolest mofo you ever saw?"
To make it funnier, my cousin Brandon pronounced Bono and "Bo-NO." Ha ha.

I watch this at least once a week also! One of my favorite parts is when Bono sings Kite so emotionally. His voice cracks. Also, the ending...I think during Walk on; when he says "you look so beautiful, the spirit is in the house!" I just love how they continue to show me The Spirit through their music. It never ceases to amaze me how that feeling transcends space and time. Incredible!:drool:

I just finished watching it :applaud:

I also made a new observation about how many guitar picks Bono goes through during the last two songs. If my count is correct, it's four. Edge only used one :p

Galeongirl said:
anybody know where I can find UTEOTW Live from Slane??
If you still need it, I can send it to you, or you can let me know what part you want, and I can gif it myself.

Just finished watching it :hyper:

I love the part during Kite where Edge just seems to drift off into his own little world and then you see him shake it off and come back to earth :lol::heart:

DreamOutLoud13 said:
I just finished watching it :applaud:

I also made a new observation about how many guitar picks Bono goes through during the last two songs. If my count is correct, it's four. Edge only used one :p

If you still need it, I can send it to you, or you can let me know what part you want, and I can gif it myself.

oh yes please! I might cap more than one thing from the vid, so that's ok...

and yes, Bono drops his picks a lot.. :lol:

Actually.....funny you mentioned the Slane DVD....I watched it last night.
And i only just noticed what happened to Bono whilst on stage.....never noticed it before........someone splashed him with a fair bit of water and he stops....turns....and says "F***You,man". Did anyone else that?

fly so high! said:
Actually.....funny you mentioned the Slane DVD....I watched it last night.
And i only just noticed what happened to Bono whilst on stage.....never noticed it before........someone splashed him with a fair bit of water and he stops....turns....and says "F***You,man". Did anyone else that?

during All I want is You..
at the all I want is yooouuuuu's, Bono walks back towards the stage, someone throws water on him.. he says something along the lines of All I want is F'ing you man!

Back
Top Bottom