Have You Seen This Video?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thank you so much for this video...Bono and Edge are wearing gloves...and they are in Mars or in the Moon!? - great one! :bow: you made my day better, and better!

I can't get it to work but is it Life On A Distant Planet? I saw a bit of it on the Whisper to a Scream special and I've always wanted stills too. Those gloves are funny, but there's nothing wrong with the hair, he's adorable :cute: This is a classic, something that should show up on "Before they were Rock Stars!"

okay, here are the stills i made... sorry for the quality of the image :reject:

3398537923232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E2327%3D657%3D%3B%3A8%3DXROQDF%3E232349%3A%3C8%3C%3B%3A7ot1lsi

3398537923232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2327%3D657%3D%3B%3A8%3DXROQDF%3E232349%3A%3C8%3C%3B%3A6ot1lsi

3398537923232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E2327%3D657%3D%3B%3A8%3DXROQDF%3E232349%3A%3C8%3C%3B%3A5ot1lsi

3398537923232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2327%3D657%3D%3B%3A8%3DXROQDF%3E232349%3A%3C8%3C%3B%3A4ot1lsi

3398537923232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E2327%3D657%3D%3B%3A8%3DXROQDF%3E232349%3A%3C8%3C%3B%3A3ot1lsi

Wow, thanks missU2 !

I think the video is poor quality. It was when I watched it. Well, considering it's almost 30 years old...

I have to watch it again tonight to see if they're all wearing gloves. That dance Bono does cracks me up :lol:

Gheeeeee...this video totally made my morning. Look at that sweet little adorable Edgelet in his dorky clothes, dancing around with his guitar and singing. I love his voice. I'm so happy it comes through on this recording.

I am having all kids of Edgegasms over this. hehehehehe

:tongue: :love: :D :heart: ;) :) :kiss: :dance:

ARGH! :mad: I couldn't see the video, it wouldn't download properly on my computer! Though I could hear the song... Bono couldn't sing very well back then, could he? Or was it the song? I hope that was a cover and not one of their originals...! :laugh:

Those are good stills. Larry looks like, "What the hell am I doing here?!" Too bad there wasn't a better view of Adam; that big blond 'fro is rather suited to the shot! :D

Yeah that's Life On A Distant Planet! Thanks for the stills! :bow:

Bono's hand motions, talk about overacting! But Adam is the most hilarious up there on that amp. But they're all so cute. Whatever became of those boys?;)

OMG!

I was just gonna post about this... HAHAHA!

I was checking out @u2.com & they said this about it:

NEW @U2 STRANGERS IN A STRANGE VIDEO
January 27, 2004
posted by: m2
Our friends at U2star.com have posted an hysterical video clip from U2's early, early, early days as they perform "Life On a Distant Planet" (also known as "Lost on a Silent Planet" and a couple other names, too). It's believed to be from 1979, and you'll be amazed that any band could overcome this and go on to achieve even the slightest modicum of success. It's in Windows Media format.

I have the mp3 on one of my sites (for anyone who hasn't heard it or just wants the song):

Magic Carpet (aka Lost on a Silent Planet & Life on a Distant Planet) 3:33 U2 Things Will Not Be the Same in This City for Us Live/Bootleg 3.3 MB 1980

Cheers!
-Mel :)

Edit: shite the link's not working... give me a minute to fix.

Update: had to make a random page to get the link... stoopid tripod... but it's there. (to save do right-click & save target as)

Last edited:
:laugh: That made my night. How cute!!

I think Bono learned at an early stage that when you're working with a blue screen, it's best not to wear blue gloves.

:up:

Uh, yeah, Bono doesn't look at all like Robin Williams in this clip, nooooo...

Thanks so much for sharing this! Oh, my freakin' god...:laugh: :cute: :hug: U2...

And to think, they were close to or at the age then that I am now. How incredibly weird.

Bono's, um...dancing...was cute to watch, though. :D. I love it when he tries to dance. :dance:. And he did look adorable in this clip. They all did. Early U2 are just so gosh darn adorable.

I can only imagine what the guys themselves would say if they ever saw this clip, though...:lol:.

This was great to see. Thanks again for sharing it!

Angela

Oh that was so (not) cool! Thank you very much!!! It's funny how they all look like themselves, I mean they've got the same facial expressions and the same attitudes today.

Ms. Dane said:
Oh that was so (not) cool! Thank you very much!!! It's funny how they all look like themselves, I mean they've got the same facial expressions and the same attitudes today.

I just meant that they looked a bit funny.

I ummmm......dare I say it....... :shifty: .....have this video and other early clips on DVD..........

But this video doesn't compare with some of the other stuff that's on there - Adam's hair in a pony tail. :lmao:

hahahaha I love it, I always like seeing videos of them when they were young.

Bono's dancing is errrr brilliant :eyebrow: :lmao:

The background of this video looks like its from one of those make your own pop videos that you get at holiday camps... :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom